Should the quarterback position be devalued?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
League needs to take a stance on how much they make!! Pretty soon the Sanders kid or someone else will make 100 million a year
The owners unanimously taking a stance on any player compensation issue is collusion. When the next CBA is negotiated they can present their idea to the NFLPA and work out a new compensation plan both sides agree to.

leeblair

Reaction score
Jeebus ........ in your insane idea that its all fake like WWE, then is does not matter where you put your money since they are all actors anyway.

Obviously that's asinine ........ but that is what you think.
They aren't actors. They are athletic and play real football.
It's only when the scoring comes into play that seems to be manipulated- or regulated- by other people.
And I do think some games are allowed to be played without interference. I think the interference only applies when the league- or someone else- feels that there is a specific reason to.
Fixing every game wouldn't be practical, and would be hard to hide.
By letting some games be played and only interfering in certain games it's easier to disguise, and deny.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's only when the scoring comes into play that seems to be manipulated- or regulated- by other people.
And I do think some games are allowed to be played without interference. I think the interference only applies when the league- or someone else- feels that there is a specific reason to.
By letting some games be played and only interfering in certain games it's easier to disguise, and deny.
You really believe this ......... that's amazing.

Nav22

Reaction score
Not saying I condone this in any way… but it would be an interesting counter-culture experiment if a team decided they were not going to do the $50m/yr qb thing. Draft a 1st round Qb every 4 yrs or so, trade away excess, and otherwise let them walk after rookie deal. Live in perpetual rookie qb pay scale, & build a dominate roster with the extra cap space. I doubt it would work, but it would be interesting to watch.
Lots of teams have crappy QBs that they don't have to pay much, so in that sense, teams are already testing out your theory.

It doesn't work.

Saving money on the QB position is hardly a guarantee that you'll have a dominant team around your cheap QB anyways.

Nav22

Reaction score
How much does Clown College cost?

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
So my dear Daksters, what you are saying is that the QB is indeed the most important position (by far) of any football team and therefore the guy in that position is mostly responsible for the outcome of games? Or at least has a bigger impact on the outcome than anybody else?

I agree. Goes for the post season too by the way.

shabazz

Reaction score
Let's just do away with the salary cap and make this more interesting.....a level playing field is overrated

conner01

Reaction score
With the NFL going overboard to protect quarterbacks, today's quarterbacks don't have to do as much as quarterbacks in the past did.
Troy Aikman suffered concussions from the hits he took while making big plays for the Cowboys, as did many quarterbacks back in the early nineties and before.
Today the quarterbacks are basically playing two hand touch. Any contact with them more than that usually results in a huge penalty and sometimes a fine.
With the quarterback position being so much easier to play, shouldn't their position be devalued , giving teams more money to spread around to guys who actually do the heavy hitting?
QB’s do much more than they did in the past. They are protected more for sure but teams don’t rely on the run anymore, drives are more about chunk plays than sustained drives

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
So my dear Daksters, what you are saying is that the QB is indeed the most important position (by far) of any football team and therefore the guy in that position is mostly responsible for the outcome of games? Or at least has a bigger impact on the outcome than anybody else?

I agree. Goes for the post season too by the way.
This isnt a Dak thread, there are 100 other threads that answer your questions.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
With the NFL going overboard to protect quarterbacks, today's quarterbacks don't have to do as much as quarterbacks in the past did.
Troy Aikman suffered concussions from the hits he took while making big plays for the Cowboys, as did many quarterbacks back in the early nineties and before.
Today the quarterbacks are basically playing two hand touch. Any contact with them more than that usually results in a huge penalty and sometimes a fine.
With the quarterback position being so much easier to play, shouldn't their position be devalued , giving teams more money to spread around to guys who actually do the heavy hitting?
Yeah some kinda touch football :rolleyes:

IMG-1770.jpg