Should we explore Justin Fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

khiladi

Reaction score
Can we look for a legit QB in the draft that can throw consistently from the pocket, not a failed project.. especially when we got a guylike CJ Stroud in the league

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Nice rant buddy...tldnr and dgaf
Figured you would dodge the question because there’s no way you could come up with a sensible answer as to why you think Fields would be a better QB in Dallas than Dak. Game-set-match!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Figured you would dodge the question because there’s no way you could come up with a sensible answer as to why you think Fields would be a better QB in Dallas than Dak. Game-set-match!
Not sure what you don;t get. You pulling my leg?

I never said Fields would be a better QB here in Dallas than Dak. I said Fields would be a better QB here in Dallas than he is in Chicago. Much better team.

And Dak would be a worse QB in Chicago than he is in Dallas. A vastly worse team.

There is no question to dodge.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I never said Fields would be a better QB here in Dallas than Dak. I said Fields would be a better QB here in Dallas than he is in Chicago. Much better team.
This is exactly what you said.

Put fields on this team and i bet hes a better qb.
With the flaws he has as a passer I’m not sure he would be much better. I know for sure the Cowboys wouldn’t be as good with him as they are with Dak. Would you agree with that?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Can we look for a legit QB in the draft that can throw consistently from the pocket, not a failed project.. especially when we got a guylike CJ Stroud in the league
Your chances of finding a QB anywhere in the draft including the top 10 that doesn’t end up a failed project is less than 50/50. Bryce Young was drafted ahead of Stroud and reports are the Texans tried to move up for him. Some of you think it’s simple to find a QB in the draft that can consistently throw from the pocket in the NFL and not end up a failed project. :rolleyes:

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
He averages about 2500 passing yards and 16 TD passes. Good luck with him for many years while you’re sitting home for the playoffs. You would be better off playing him at RB to avoid the 40+ sacks he takes every year.
Put Dak in the same situation as Fields is in Chicago he will get the same numbers and probably less. Get Fields in Dallas and surround him with talent, he'll put up the same numbers as Dak.

At least with Fields we won't be paying a hefty 60 million per. year to Dak which will eat up the team's cap.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Put Dak in the same situation as Fields is in Chicago he will get the same numbers and probably less. Get Fields in Dallas and surround him with talent, he'll put up the same numbers as Dak.

At least with Fields we won't be paying a hefty 60 million per. year to Dak which will eat up the team's cap.
Hard to imagine anyone seriously believing what you just posted. :facepalm: There’s no way Dak throws for less than 2600 yards and only 17 TDs in Chicago. And no way would Fields double his passing yards and TD passes in Dallas. That’s laughable! You’re one of those who would rather have anyone at QB that isn’t making big money. The Cowboys would end up like Chicago with Fields. If the Bears thought putting more talent around Fields would make him better they wouldn’t be taking a QB with the number one overall pick.

kskboys

Reaction score
Hard to imagine anyone seriously believing what you just posted. :facepalm: There’s no way Dak throws for less than 2600 yards and only 17 TDs in Chicago. And no way would Fields double his passing yards and TD passes in Dallas. That’s laughable! You’re one of those who would rather have anyone at QB that isn’t making big money. The Cowboys would end up like Chicago with Fields.
Only way we'd want Fields over Dak is if we wanted a very high draft pick.

I swear, people on here have never watched him.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I would say not, he is due a big payday soon, and is about the same as dak.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Your chances of finding a QB anywhere in the draft including the top 10 that doesn’t end up a failed project is less than 50/50. Bryce Young was drafted ahead of Stroud and reports are the Texans tried to move up for him. Some of you think it’s simple to find a QB in the draft that can consistently throw from the pocket in the NFL and not end up a failed project. :rolleyes:
A lot of people around have crystal ballselitis or hind sightiatus. Some of the symptoms is They can never tell you ahead of time but always after the fact. It's fairly common around here.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
A lot of people around have crystal ballselitis or hind sightiatus. Some of the symptoms is They can never tell you ahead of time but always after the fact. It's fairly common around here.
As soon as a QB turns out they’ll scream we should have drafted them. They’ll tell you they knew it all along the QB would be great. :rolleyes: It just amazes me how many fans think all you have to do is burn a first round pick on a QB and BINGO you’ll strike gold.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I know one thing for sure Fields would improve our running game. :flagwave:

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Hard to imagine anyone seriously believing what you just posted. :facepalm: There’s no way Dak throws for less than 2600 yards and only 17 TDs in Chicago. And no way would Fields double his passing yards and TD passes in Dallas. That’s laughable! You’re one of those who would rather have anyone at QB that isn’t making big money. The Cowboys would end up like Chicago with Fields. If the Bears thought putting more talent around Fields would make him better they wouldn’t be taking a QB with the number one overall pick.
dude, once again you can’t comprehend the original premise of this thread, i’ll try one more time…in the event that we can’t come to an agreement with Dak and his contract demands, should we be exploring a trade for Fields? this was not a thread would you rather have Fields over Dak!! reportedly 3 teams are pursuing him Pitt, Atl, Vegas. you know my stance on Dak and I’m more than sure their a lot of other posters who feel Dak isn’t worth the QB reset contract he is seeking!! hope you finally comprehend the premise of the thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.