Should we explore Justin Fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dude, once again you can’t comprehend the original premise of this thread, i’ll try one more time…in the event that we can’t come to an agreement with Dak and his contract demands, should we be exploring a trade for Fields? this was not a thread would you rather have Fields over Dak!! reportedly 3 teams are pursuing him Pitt, Atl, Vegas. you know my stance on Dak and I’m more than sure their a lot of other posters who feel Dak isn’t worth the QB reset contract he is seeking!! hope you finally comprehend the premise of the thread!!
He's a bit thick if ya ask me.

Reading comprehension fail.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Cap hit and age. Huge difference in both categories.
Fields will eventually lead to the same vicious cycle of getting the big payday for feasting on inferior teams and providing a small taste of playoff appearances.

Trading Dak will be a complex exercise as he has the right to veto any trade. I have not heard any chatter of the Cowboys even considering that prospect.

Would rather just move on from Dak and not be sending draft picks to Chicago for Dak Redux. The Cowboys currently have a stable full of QBs looking for the next payday. That has to be cleaned up.

khiladi

Reaction score
Your chances of finding a QB anywhere in the draft including the top 10 that doesn’t end up a failed project is less than 50/50. Bryce Young was drafted ahead of Stroud and reports are the Texans tried to move up for him. Some of you think it’s simple to find a QB in the draft that can consistently throw from the pocket in the NFL and not end up a failed project. :rolleyes:
I would never have taken that midget. Doesn’t matter the skill, if the QB can’t see over the line in the NFL, it’s trouble.

I only watched one tape of Stroud and said he was legit.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
First off we have little to nothing to trade with. We like our guys, they get resigned. The guys we no longer want, neither does anyone else, because most likely we over paid them coming off an injury.

We also seem to like comp picks, when the year prior we could have traded them for more value.
Thats what teams that negotiate bad contracts end up with.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
dude, once again you can’t comprehend the original premise of this thread, i’ll try one more time…in the event that we can’t come to an agreement with Dak and his contract demands, should we be exploring a trade for Fields? this was not a thread would you rather have Fields over Dak!! reportedly 3 teams are pursuing him Pitt, Atl, Vegas. you know my stance on Dak and I’m more than sure their a lot of other posters who feel Dak isn’t worth the QB reset contract he is seeking!! hope you finally comprehend the premise of the thread!!
I fully understand the premise of the thread but why give up a first or second round pick for a QB who’s never passed for 2600 yards or for more than 17 TDs and averages 10 fumbles per season? I would rather go with Rush or Trey Lance and save a premium draft pick than trade for a QB who’s led the Bears to three straight losing seasons and is being dumped. I would rather use a 2nd, 3rd or 4th round draft pick on a QB and possibly get lucky or pick up an available veteran FA than trade for a QB who runs all the time who we would move on from after a year or two. Justin Fields is a great running QB who has shown little ability to get it down from the pocket in the passing game. This is why the Bears are looking to move on. I would rather have Gardner Minshew than Fields.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Then why in the hell would we want to stick with Dak?
I’ve told you many times. :rolleyes: How often do you want to go through the same argument over and over? There’s no one available that’s better who gives us a better chance than him. It could takes years to replace him with a viable QB. No one moves on from a QB that puts up 4500 yards with 36 TDs and a 105.0 passer rating that’s led their team to three straight 12 win seasons with 2 division titles. He just came in second for league MVP and fans want to dump him because of money. You’ve already said you wouldn’t pay any QB 50+ M because none of them are worth that kind of money.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I would never have taken that midget. Doesn’t matter the skill, if the QB can’t see over the line in the NFL, it’s trouble.

I only watched one tape of Stroud and said he was legit.
Bryce Young is not only short but he’s frail. He looks like an average size WR playing QB.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Ok sure...since you say so.
Did you read my post from yesterday or do you just want to argue for the sake of arguing? You’re just one of those who loves to argue. It would save us both a lot of time if we no longer engage in QB or Dak discussions. We’re never going to agree and they turn into marathons. You and I don’t seem to agree on anything. You seem to take exception to everything I say. Check my posting history and see how many times I’ve been wrong. :thumbup:

starfan1

Reaction score
You could see it at Ohio State.
I really like Stroud and it rare cause I hate OSU players in general i cant stand the school but i do like watchimng this kid. Most OSU QBs dont pan out despite how well they do in college.Im hoping he can buck the trend

starfan1

Reaction score
Figured you would dodge the question because there’s no way you could come up with a sensible answer as to why you think Fields would be a better QB in Dallas than Dak. Game-set-match!
this really is not my argument but in reading he isnt saying that Fields would be a better QB than dak here. I think he is saying fields would be a better version of himself. And i want no part of Fields here regardless of contract discussions with Dak pro or con

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did you read my post from yesterday or do you just want to argue for the sake of arguing? You’re just one of those who loves to argue. It would save us both a lot of time if we no longer engage in QB or Dak discussions. We’re never going to agree and they turn into marathons. You and I don’t seem to agree on anything. You seem to take exception to everything I say. Check my posting history and see how many times I’ve been wrong. :thumbup:
Takes two to tango my new friend....two to tango.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You came up with the idea and said he would excel with our weapons. Sure sounds like you would rather have him than Dak especially with all the Dak bashing you’ve done.
Ah i see you went round and round with chris too. Common denominator?
You.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
this really is not my argument but in reading he isnt saying that Fields would be a better QB than dak here. I think he is saying fields would be a better version of himself. And i want no part of Fields here regardless of contract discussions with Dak pro or con
Thank you. You are correct and i dont know how many times i told him.

I notice he wont actually present the quote he is talking about.

I also am not interested. Not that i wouldnt support him if it happened.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Takes two to tango my new friend....two to tango.
Looks like you may have to find another partner to tango with on these QB/Dak debates. They’re taking up too much of my time and it’s not like we’re ever going to agree on anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.