Should we explore Justin Fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
this really is not my argument but in reading he isnt saying that Fields would be a better QB than dak here. I think he is saying fields would be a better version of himself. And i want no part of Fields here regardless of contract discussions with Dak pro or con
He cleared it up and is saying Fields would perform better with the Cowboys than with the Bears. He thinks putting him on a better team would improve him but if the Bears felt improving the team around Fields would make him better they would stay with him. They could trade the first overall pick for a lot of draft picks and build a better team around Fields. If they end up choosing a QB with that pick, then they obviously think Fields is the problem.

starfan1

Reaction score
He cleared it up and is saying Fields would perform better with the Cowboys than with the Bears. He thinks putting him on a better team would improve him but if the Bears felt improving the team around Fields would make him better they would stay with him. They could trade the first overall pick for a lot of draft picks and build a better team around Fields. If they end up choosing a QB with that pick, then they obviously think Fields is the problem.
ya sorry i shouldnt have butted in. i was just trying to help clear some things up. The bears front office has some issues. Not as bad as ours but they have problems.If they move on from fields for caleb Williams they will further exasperate the problem. Im really not sure any of the the QBs coming out this year are slam dunks even though some are saying Williams is. Ill be very shocked if he dont flop.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
ya sorry i shouldnt have butted in. i was just trying to help clear some things up. The bears front office has some issues. Not as bad as ours but they have problems.If they move on from fields for caleb Williams they will further exasperate the problem. Im really not sure any of the the QBs coming out this year are slam dunks even though some are saying Williams is. Ill be very shocked if he dont flop.
No QB coming out of college is a slam dunk. Most seem to think Williams is the best but Daniel’s from LSU is moving up and some like him better. He wasn’t even being mentioned prior to the college season. It’s yet another QB draft with varying opinions which makes it more of a crapshoot.

starfan1

Reaction score
No QB coming out of college is a slam dunk. Most seem to think Williams is the best but Daniel’s from LSU is moving up and some like him better. It’s yet another QB draft with varying opinions which makes it more of a crapshoot.
thats so true. even Luck and Lawerence had growing pains. If i were the bears Id go with harrison jr

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You just noticed? We were going at it before you joined in.
My powers of observation are beyond reproach!

But of course I noticed. I didn't think much of it until your attempted lecture on my post style.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
My powers of observation are beyond reproach!

But of course I noticed. I didn't think much of it until your attempted lecture on my post style.
I’ve been going back and forth with him since Monday. Give it a rest.

Big_D

Reaction score
Fields will eventually lead to the same vicious cycle of getting the big payday for feasting on inferior teams and providing a small taste of playoff appearances.

Trading Dak will be a complex exercise as he has the right to veto any trade. I have not heard any chatter of the Cowboys even considering that prospect.

Would rather just move on from Dak and not be sending draft picks to Chicago for Dak Redux. The Cowboys currently have a stable full of QBs looking for the next payday. That has to be cleaned up.

That's true and they don't even have the compensation to send in a trade which doesn't really work in this situation. I'm actually fine finding a veteran. Paying Dak at this point in time is a huge mistake, so of course I expect this front office to do exactly that. But if there wasn't a trade involved I would certainly take Fields over Dak right now.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
i dont care if it's cooper rush starting it's time to get the fraud out
You don’t care who the QB is as long as it’s not Dak. You could care less about winning games and having a chance to compete in the playoffs. Some of you would rather lose with another QB, than have at least some hope with Dak. There’s fans on this board that would rather have a top 10 pick every year than make the playoffs.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
YEAH, I would hate to be anything but average like we were with Garrett. LMAO, who could we get to win 8 games like garrett? you name a coach!!!

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
good gosh no, nobody is better than dak. I'd take dak over prime Brady or Mahomes.
Dak made Brady retire, and guess what? The next time the Cowboys play the Chiefs, Dak will make Mahomes retire also! Dak is a bad mutha(shut your mouth)!

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
but if he's practicing he might bet better. I doubt it. :D
Well, Dak is who the Cowboys have. From what I read, there is nobody better than him even in all the colleges in the USA. It would be useless to try and find one better than Dak, everyone is worse than him, so why even try.

12 wins a season and a crap fest in the playoffs, that is winning football to some.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If William pans out, he will improve the Bears but there’s debate whether he’s even the best QB in the draft. The odds are greater of drafting a bust when you have three QBs topping the draft. You have to hope you pick the right one. Carolina had the same dilemma last year and picked the wrong QB. The Bears problems will only get worse if the QB they pick goes bust. They keep struggling because they can’t hit on a QB. They missed big on Mitch Trubisky who was the second overall pick a few years ago. They could’ve had Mahomes. They wasted another first round pick on Fields. Hard to improve when you keep missing on QB‘s in the first round.

Status
Not open for further replies.