Should we explore Justin Fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You’re not going to have a chance winning crap playing musical chairs at QB trying to find one. The Cowboys went through that during the early 2000s. It led to 15 wins in three seasons. These 12 win seasons won’t look so bad to some of you if the Cowboys ever endure three straight losing seasons again. You’ll find out what having a bad QB situation is really like. You’ll see what it’s like to have a QB that sucks.

MikeT22

Reaction score
You don’t care who the QB is as long as it’s not Dak. You could care less about winning games and having a chance to compete in the playoffs. Some of you would rather lose with another QB, than have at least some hope with Dak. There’s fans on this board that would rather have a top 10 pick every year than make the playoffs.
You still have hope with Dak…bless your heart

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You still have hope with Dak…bless your heart
I have more hope with him than the QBs we currently have behind him. Do you have more hope with Cooper Rush or Trey Lance? Is there a QB that’s available that gives you more hope than Dak? Dude, he’s the best we have and if he didn’t have the season he did we wouldn’t have made the playoffs.

kskboys

Reaction score
I have more hope with him than the QBs we currently have behind him. Do you have more hope with Cooper Rush or Trey Lance? Is there a QB that’s available that gives you more hope than Dak? Dude, he’s the best we have and if he didn’t have the season he did we wouldn’t have made the playoffs.
Maybe in the draft.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
let's not explore anybody. Let's keep Rush behind dak. I would hate for dak to choke in every practice knowing his replacement is on the team. OH NOOOOO not my dakie....

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Jerry gambled a 4th round pick on Trey Lance so he’s not exploring any other QBs heading into next season. The team has been working with Lance since August to prepare him to compete for the backup job in 2024. If he can win the job and Dak were to get injured and Lance had to step in and plays exceptionally well, we could have an interesting situation. The Joneses are banking on Lance developing into what SF thought he could be. They’re not going to bring in any QBs to take practice or preseason snaps away from him. It’s going to be Cooper Rush and Trey Lance battling it out this summer.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
You don’t care who the QB is as long as it’s not Dak. You could care less about winning games and having a chance to compete in the playoffs. Some of you would rather lose with another QB, than have at least some hope with Dak. There’s fans on this board that would rather have a top 10 pick every year than make the playoffs.
didn't Joe Flacco come off the couch and win like 4 out of 5 games to get to the playoffs? you act like Dak is just this elite QB, that's worthy of resetting the QB market! I say trade him and his 2nd place MVP vote and acquire 2 1st rounders, and move on, he isnt worth top 5 QB money, i don't care what you say!!

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
didn't Joe Flacco come off the couch and win like 4 out of 5 games to get to the playoffs? you act like Dak is just this elite QB, that's worthy of resetting the QB market! I say trade him and his 2nd place MVP vote and acquire 2 1st rounders, and move on, he isnt worth top 5 QB money, i don't care what you say!!
oh my, thinking like that hurts my stomach. the Cowboys without dak, I could hardly stand to see my team without my loverboy.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Should we? Of course. No chance though.

If Fields was drafted by Jerry he'd have lifetime job security. We'd be trading the 1st overall pick. We like our guy. He's a great LEADER.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
waste of time? you're one to talk, it took how many pages for you to realize what the thread was about!!!
Only someone like you who suggested we blow up the team as an option and move on from our most valuable assets Dak, CeeDee, Diggs AND Parsons for draft picks would suggest giving up a premium draft pick for Justin Fields if we didn’t extend Dak. :rolleyes: It’s almost like you’re looking to destroy the team. The only option that would be explored if the Cowboys moved on from Dak is bringing in a veteran FA and have them compete with Rush and Lance. They’re not about to trade a premium pick for another project QB after burning a 4th round pick on Lance.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Only someone like you who suggested we blow up the team as an option and move on from our most valuable assets Dak, CeeDee, Diggs AND Parsons for draft picks would suggest giving up a premium draft pick for Justin Fields if we didn’t extend Dak. :rolleyes: It’s almost like you’re looking to destroy the team. The only option that would be explored if the Cowboys moved on from Dak is bringing in a veteran FA and have them compete with Rush and Lance. They’re not about to trade a premium pick for another project QB after burning a 4th round pick on Lance.
lmao...you mean the team that keeps going one and done? the team who cant come close to beating the 9ers? the team who got dog walked by the Bills? the team who has a losing a record vs teams over .500 or do you mean the team that got absolutely humiliated by GB?

and you want to break the bank on a QB deal for Dak, break the bank for CeeDee, break the bank for Parsons? those 3 alone is almost half our cap......and then how do u patch up all the remaining holes?

yes I would be open to trading Dak, Micah, Diggs, Martin and even CeeDee....I would first start with Dak, you could easily get 2 1st rounders...go see what Deshaun Watson and Russell were traded for, I would try and trade a couple of those players, not all of them, and rebuild the team, because we simply cant afford all of them anyways, and they havent won squat.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Joe Flacco is an experienced veteran QB, who won a Super Bowl with a Super Bowl MVP performance. It’s not surprising that he came in and played well for a while, but he ended up laying an egg against the Texans in the playoffs. Not every team has a Joe Flacco as a backup. Never once have I acted like Dak is an elite QB but you’re one of those who acts like he sucks. All I’ve ever said was he’s the best we have and that he’s a very good QB, who gives us a chance. Give me a better QB and I’ll move on, but no one is coming up with better QBs. Everyone wants to downgrade at the position, so it won’t be so costly. If you think Dak is worth two first round picks in a trade then he can’t possibly be as bad as you claim.

If you trade him, we’re stuck with what we have behind him and what’s available in free agency. The window could be about to close on the Cowboys. This may be their best and last shot at a Super Bowl for several years. If we trade Dak that may slam the window shut on any chance at a Super Bowl in 2024, unless we strike gold in the draft or Trey Lance turns into what San Francisco thought he could be. It’s obvious you don’t care what I say, so we’re wasting our time arguing it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
lmao...you mean the team that keeps going one and done? the team who cant come close to beating the 9ers? the team who got dog walked by the Bills? the team who has a losing a record vs teams over .500 or do you mean the team that got absolutely humiliated by GB?

and you want to break the bank on a QB deal for Dak, break the bank for CeeDee, break the bank for Parsons? those 3 alone is almost half our cap......and then how do u patch up all the remaining holes?

yes I would be open to trading Dak, Micah, Diggs, Martin and even CeeDee....I would first start with Dak, you could easily get 2 1st rounders...go see what Deshaun Watson and Russell were traded for, I would try and trade a couple of those players, not all of them, and rebuild the team, because we simply cant afford all of them anyways, and they havent won squat.
No one wants to break the bank on any of our best players, but with free agency you have no choice but to pay them or you’ll lose them. You want to move on from our top four players and now you’re throwing Martin in because you think you could come up with just as good or better in the draft and save a lot of money. :rolleyes: You don’t know what the Cowboys can afford, you act like you manage the cap for the team. Lol No more wasting my time with you on this. You’ll be carrying on through the weekend with it. We don’t agree and never will.

Status
Not open for further replies.