Should we explore Justin Fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
No one wants to break the bank on any of our best players, but with free agency you have no choice but to pay them or you’ll lose them. You want to move on from our top four players and now you’re throwing Martin in because you think you could come up with just as good or better in the draft and save a lot of money. :rolleyes: You don’t know what the Cowboys can afford, you act like you manage the cap for the team. Lol No more wasting my time with you on this. You’ll be carrying on through the weekend with it. We don’t agree and never will.
I'm not throwing Martin in, he was in the original thread, and furthermore, you dont't think Dak, Micah, Ceedee want record deals? you're nuts!!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I'd rather give it a try with Russell Wilson (among others) or a draft pick.
Russell Wilson? Are you serious? He’s in deep decline, go check out his numbers. He’s had losing seasons his last 3 years. He was a complete bust in Denver. No way are we winning anything with him.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Russell Wilson? Are you serious? He’s in deep decline, go check out his numbers. He’s had losing seasons his last 3 years. He was a complete bust in Denver. No way are we winning anything with him.
until you realize that it takes a great all around team to contend for a SB, and not just a superstar QB which btw we havent got, then you will realize the significance of one player taking up 60 plus million of the cap.

btw in case you didnt notice, Mahomes wouldnt have won this years SB without his defense stepping up in the playoffs and the SB!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
until you realize that it takes a great all around team to contend for a SB, and not just a superstar QB which btw we havent got, then you will realize the significance of one player taking up 60 plus million of the cap.
I’m only responding to that comment because I’ve been saying that all along. The Cowboys don’t have a great all-around enough team to even sniff a Super Bowl. You don’t have to have a superstar QB to win a Super Bowl. Brock Purdy came within an eyelash of winning a Super Bowl of his defense could’ve made a stop. At the end of regulation, and an OT.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
in my other thread about time to rebuild this team, Martin was included, go back and look.
It doesn’t matter if it was in another thread, you included him. If you could start off with a new 53 man roster you would. You’re just another fan who would rather have a top 10 pick than make the playoffs.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
I’m only responding to that comment because I’ve been saying that all along. The Cowboys don’t have a great all-around enough team to even sniff a Super Bowl. You don’t have to have a superstar QB to win a Super Bowl. Brock Purdy came within an eyelash of winning a Super Bowl of his defense could’ve made a stop. At the end of regulation, and an OT.
you are absolutely crazy, that's all you been saying throughout this entire thread...you have made fun of everyone who has suggested other QB's!!

CowboyChris

Reaction score
No one wants to break the bank on any of our best players, but with free agency you have no choice but to pay them or you’ll lose them. You want to move on from our top four players and now you’re throwing Martin in because you think you could come up with just as good or better in the draft and save a lot of money. :rolleyes: You don’t know what the Cowboys can afford, you act like you manage the cap for the team. Lol No more wasting my time with you on this. You’ll be carrying on through the weekend with it. We don’t agree and never will.
you said it here

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
you are absolutely crazy, that's all you been saying throughout this entire thread...you have made fun of everyone who has suggested other QB's!!
You need to knock off the name calling. I haven’t called anyone crazy or crossed any lines. You need to relax.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
I didn’t say anything about paying them a record-breaking deal.
your exact words, one more time

"No one wants to break the bank on any of our best players, but with free agency you have no choice but to pay them or you’ll lose them. You want to move on from our top four players"

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
I would be in on Fields except the asking price will be high for a trade and then you have to turn around and sign him to a mega Dak deal. If we could get Fields for a 3,4, or 5 then yeah, lets roll with Lance and Fields and get rid of Dak.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
I would be in on Fields except the asking price will be high for a trade and then you have to turn around and sign him to a mega Dak deal. If we could get Fields for a 3,4, or 5 then yeah, lets roll with Lance and Fields and get rid of Dak.
a certain poster has turned this thread into Dak vs Fields, when the premise was, in the event that Dak and the 2 clowns running the circus can't come to an agreement, should we entertain the idea of trading for Fields, the asking price is about a 2nd rounder, just remember it took almost 4 years last time to get a deal done and Dak came out smelling like a rose.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We aren't winning anything with Dak!!!!!!!!!!!

Save the money and build up the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.