Should we explore Justin Fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Russell could be just what the doctor ordered, when he is released he will come at the vet mininum around 1.5 millon, Denver is on the hook for the remaining 38 mil
I promise you this, he won't be worse than Dak. 3-5 mill for Russel sounds better than 60 for dak. Actually 15 for the chef sounds better than 60

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You said we’ll never win a championship with a lesser QB.

That is exactly what Dak is.

So why are we keeping him? Why are we going to massively overpay him?
I’m saying we’ll never win a Super Bowl with a lesser QB than Dak. We’re keeping him because there isn’t anyone available who’s better. We would be replacing him with a lesser QB unless we hit big on QB in the draft. Good luck with that picking at number 24.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We aren't winning anything with Dak!!!!!!!!!!!

Save the money and build up the team.
We still have a chance with Dak. There isn’t any chance with Russell Wilson, look at his last three seasons. If we could add a couple of solid pieces to the current team it might be enough to get us over the hump next season.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
I’m saying we’ll never win a Super Bowl with a lesser QB than Dak. We’re keeping him because there isn’t anyone available who’s better. We would be replacing him with a lesser QB unless we hit big on QB in the draft. Good luck with that picking at number 24.
Jordan Travis

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
We still have a chance with Dak. There isn’t any chance with Russell Wilson, look at his last three seasons. If we could add a couple of solid pieces to the current team it might be enough to get us over the hump next season.
Crack kills

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Jordan Travis
The highest ranking I’ve seen with him is 9th. Most don’t even have him in the top 10 and you’re telling me crack kills? :laugh: Long odds on him ending up as good or better than Dak.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
your exact words, one more time

"No one wants to break the bank on any of our best players, but with free agency you have no choice but to pay them or you’ll lose them. You want to move on from our top four players"
Those were my exact words and I said nothing about signing anyone to a record-breaking deal. You can break the bank without signing a player to a record-breaking deal. That’s your spin.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
assuming we are not going to extend Dak, should we at least explore the possibility of trading for Fields, from what i’m hearing 2nd rounder possibly a late 1st. we could get more draft capital than that for Dak,
Yes.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Russell could be just what the doctor ordered, when he is released he will come at the vet mininum around 1.5 millon, Denver is on the hook for the remaining 38 mil
Denver thought he would be what the doctor ordered. How did that turnout? If you actually think the Cowboys would have a better chance winning a championship with him you haven’t been following his decline the past three years. I’m surprised you haven’t come up with a QB that’s currently on the street right now that you would prefer as our QB next season. Maybe the Cowboys should scan the USFL/XFL for their QB next season. They could save a lot of money that way. lol

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Denver thought he would be what the doctor ordered. How did that turnout? If you actually think the Cowboys would have a better chance winning a championship with him you haven’t been following his decline the past three years. I’m surprised you haven’t come up with a QB that’s currently on the street right now that you would prefer as our QB next season. Maybe the Cowboys should scan the USFL/XFL for their QB next season. They could save a lot of money that way. lol
Sam Darnold is a free gent.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
this isn’t a qb vs qb debate, the sooner you realize that the better you will understand, if we have to move on from Dak, i’m going to say it one more time…IF WE HAVE TO MOVE ON FROM DAK..you still have to pay him, then your options are limited due to his enormous salary, if you keep him then the rest of the roster will be limited due to the amount of money it would take to extend him, i’m done trying to explain this to you.

when i say move on from Dak that means a deal couldn’t be reached!!!

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
this isn’t a qb vs qb debate, the sooner you realize that the better you will understand, if we have to move on from Dak, i’m going to say it one more time…IF WE HAVE TO MOVE ON FROM DAK..you still have to pay him, then your options are limited due to his enormous salary, if you keep him then the rest of the roster will be limited due to the amount of money it would take to extend him, i’m done trying to explain this to you.

Cut Dak and the Cowboys owe him nothing. He’s already received all the guaranteed money in his current contract. There would still be $59 million plus against the salary cap for money already designated in the value of his contract. At best the Cowboys can split that over two years in the event they cut him. A deal will be reached. It will be a big one. Dak and his agent would like to be cut a.s.a.p. Jerry has to convince Dak to continue to be Dallas’ QB1.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We know now why he struggled so much. He is a good QB. Has some skins on the wall also. Could he win here? Only one way to find out.
He struggled because he’s in decline. You could see he was declining in Seattle, which is why they traded him. Seattle improved the following season with Smith. After two seasons in Denver, Wilson has been a disaster and they’re going to move on from him. The Cowboys wouldn’t win anything with him.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

You want the Cowboys to move on from Dak, admit it! I bet you could come up with several QBs you would rather have at a cheaper price even though they’re not as good as him. Would you agree with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.