Should we explore Justin Fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
assuming we are not going to extend Dak, should we at least explore the possibility of trading for Fields, from what i’m hearing 2nd rounder possibly a late 1st. we could get more draft capital than that for Dak,
Dakota is getting extended and you can just wait for it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I'm a fan of Justin Fields. Put him on this team and surround him with talent, he will be good for us for many years.
He averages about 2500 passing yards and 16 TD passes. Good luck with him for many years while you’re sitting home for the playoffs. You would be better off playing him at RB to avoid the 40+ sacks he takes every year.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
He averages about 2500 passing yards and 16 TD passes. Good luck with him for many years while you’re sitting home for the playoffs. You would be better off playing him at RB to avoid the 40+ sacks he takes every year.
I mean i get it if they are an OSU fan or something but to just say "Man i really like what Fields has shown as an NFL passer" is kinda wierd...

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I mean i get it if they are an OSU fan or something but to just say "Man i really like what Fields has shown as an NFL passer" is kinda wierd...
Fields is an outstanding athlete who’s as dangerous a runner as Lamar Jackson but no way can you win consistently with a QB who’s not even putting up passing numbers of many of the QBs of the 1970s.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
assuming we are not going to extend Dak, should we at least explore the possibility of trading for Fields, from what i’m hearing 2nd rounder possibly a late 1st. we could get more draft capital than that for Dak,
why? he is one of the worst QBs in the league. can't read a defense. is not a good passer. not very accurate. he is 3 years in and his team is thinking about dumping him. now as a backup RB, you may have something there.
btw, we just paid a 4th for Lance, why waste another pick on a QB who is a failure in the league and leave yourself with 2 high round picks to fill 8 gaps on the team and not providing support to either of them to suceed!!!!

this proposal made ZERO sense. none. nada. nothing.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All I know is you’ve been highly critical of Dak but appeared to defend Fields. I judge QBs exactly the same way. The Bears have gotten worse with Fields. In the three previous seasons before he arrived they made the playoffs once and didn’t have a losing season. They haven’t had a winning season since he became their QB. There’s a good reason the Bears are likely to move on from him and select Williams first overall. The Bears are a bad team but Fields hasn’t improved them.

I asked if you thought Fields is better than Dak and you avoided the question. You’re giving me no choice but to make assumptions. I defend Dak because we’re winning double digit games with him every year and he’s highly productive. He’s been excellent during the regular season. However, he’s struggled in the playoffs but so has everyone else on the team. As long as we’re consistently making the playoffs there’s hope we’ll finally break through.
You don;t know jack then.

Tell you what...if i can fin TWO recent posts of me giving credit Dak would stop lying about me about it?

If not two...how many would it take?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I like Fields and think in the right spot (Pittsburgh or Atlanta) he can be incredible!

But, my answer is no. The draft capital, the cap hit for Prescott, and the monetary deal it will take to sign Fields are too prohibitive to even conjecture about this.
fields has never looked like he can be incredible. he is a viable starter at first, in the right environment with all the right players.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You don;t know jack then.

Tell you what...if i can fin TWO recent posts of me giving credit Dak would stop lying about me about it?

If not two...how many would it take?
You probably have posts giving him credit, but you’ve been highly critical of him. I never said you haven’t given him any credit. You’re still dodging the question. Do you think Fields is better than Dak?

Jayinem

Reaction score
Dak will remain a Cowboy until he retires.

It's going to be embarrassing to look back and see a 15-20 year Quarterback with only 3-4 playoff wins (I'm giving him 1 or 2 more playoff victories) get a lifetime pass but that's what's going to happen.

aikemirv

Reaction score
:facepalm: You want to get rid of Dak who was 2nd in MVP voting for Fields? :lmao:
I don't want to pay Dak 60 million so he can continue to fail in the playoffs- If you are fine with just the 10-12 win season and nothing more for the next 5 years just throw your 60 mill down the drain.

As far as Fields - I would not trade for him but there are other options to save the money and strengthen the team elsewhere

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't want to pay Dak 60 million so he can continue to fail in the playoffs- If you are fine with just the 10-12 win season and nothing more for the next 5 years just throw your 60 mill down the drain.

As far as Fields - I would not trade for him but there are other options to save the money and strengthen the team elsewhere
His cap hit won’t be $60 mil. Educate yourself before making a fool of yourself.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

It will be interesting to see how Dak's team handles this next contract, does he ask for every penny? probably..Dak, CD, #11 all good players but from what they have shown in the playoffs so far its a hard pill to swallow for the fans when they are all asking for max deals with nothing to show. The whole run it back theme may have run its course with this fanbase..

Status
Not open for further replies.