Should we explore Justin Fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

XXLMike

Reaction score
Absolutely one of the best pure athletes in the sport right now.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Absolutely one of the best pure athletes in the sport right now.
i tend to agree, with the weapons on this team he could excel, again this is in the event we can’t extend or restructure Dak, or of course we trade him off

Chasing6

Reaction score
assuming we are not going to extend Dak, should we at least explore the possibility of trading for Fields, from what i’m hearing 2nd rounder possibly a late 1st. we could get more draft capital than that for Dak,
First off we have little to nothing to trade with. We like our guys, they get resigned. The guys we no longer want, neither does anyone else, because most likely we over paid them coming off an injury.

We also seem to like comp picks, when the year prior we could have traded them for more value.

plymkr

Reaction score
We already have Justin Fields on the roster, except, we call him Trey Lance.
Pretty much. Trey and Justin are similar. The only edge would go to Fields because he’s played more. But if there is any thought to getting Fields then they should just play Trey and save the draft capital.

No sense in trading for a very talented but inexperienced QB when we have that in the roster.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The insanity needs to stop! :facepalm: Does anyone “honestly” believe we would have a better shot at a SB with a QB who’s never even led his team to the playoffs and has never even passed for 2600 yards in a season and has never thrown more than 17 TD passes in a season? The Cowboys would end up like the Bears. Lol Fields has 40 career TD passes in three seasons with an 82.3 passer rating. Dak had 36 TD passes this past season. Fields is a terrific athlete who can run but a QB has to be a productive passer who can get it done from the pocket to win consistently. Any fan who would rather have Fields over Dak and give up a premium pick to trade for him is out of their minds!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
i tend to agree, with the weapons on this team he could excel, again this is in the event we can’t extend or restructure Dak, or of course we trade him off
:facepalm: :laugh: Yeah, he would be terrific with no running game, OL issues and one real solid WR. He would be running for his life. Lol

CowboyChris

Reaction score
:facepalm: :laugh: Yeah, he would be terrific with no running game, OL issues and one real solid WR. He would be running for his life. Lol
if all that was true, Dak would've never won 12 games this year. :laugh:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
if all that was true, Dak would've never won 12 games this year. :laugh:
It is true and Dak is a MUCH better QB than Fields. Funny how you would rather have someone else’s trash and give up a premium pick for it. Sometimes I wonder if you post just to get a few laughs.:laugh:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Maybe we can get Fields to play RB or run an offense full of gadget plays. Lol

CowboyChris

Reaction score
It is true and Dak is a MUCH better QB than Fields. Funny how you would rather have someone else’s trash and give up a premium pick for it. Sometimes I wonder if you post just to get a few laughs.:laugh:
you need to work on reading comprehension, I never said I wanted Fields

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
you need to work on reading comprehension, I never said I wanted Fields
You came up with the idea and said he would excel with our weapons. Sure sounds like you would rather have him than Dak especially with all the Dak bashing you’ve done.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The insanity needs to stop! :facepalm: Does anyone “honestly” believe we would have a better shot at a SB with a QB who’s never even led his team to the playoffs and has never even passed for 2600 yards in a season and has never thrown more than 17 TD passes in a season? The Cowboys would end up like the Bears. Lol Fields has 40 career TD passes in three seasons with an 82.3 passer rating. Dak had 36 TD passes this past season. Fields is a terrific athlete who can run but a QB has to be a productive passer who can get it done from the pocket to win consistently. Any fan who would rather have Fields over Dak and give up a premium pick to trade for him is out of their minds!
Why does it need to stop?

CowboyChris

Reaction score
You came up with the idea and said he would excel with our weapons. Sure sounds like you would rather have him than Dak especially with all the Dak bashing
go back and read post #1, see if you can comprehend that. furthermore your Dak obsession is nauseating, and he isn't worth 60 million, so no matter how many times you come around with your snarky comments, you're not going to convince me of anything. Dak had his window and he flat out stunk multiple times in the playoffs, he has this team over a barrel with his contract, it's time to either trade him or get rid of him. someday you will come to that realization (trust me)

Strykerscm

Reaction score
Why would you trade one expensive low iq mouth breather for a slightly cheaper and faster version of the low iq above?

Status
Not open for further replies.