Should we explore Justin Fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
go back and read post #1, see if you can comprehend that. furthermore your Dak obsession is nauseating, and he isn't worth 60 million, so no matter how many times you come around with your snarky comments, you're not going to convince me of anything. Dak had his window and he flat out stunk multiple times in the playoffs, he has this team over a barrel with his contract, it's time to either trade him or get rid of him. someday you will come to that realization (trust me)
I read it and you’re the one with a Dak obsession. All I do is contribute to these threads. I don’t start them. You’re looking for ways to replace Dak with anyone who won’t command a big contract. Even if it involves trading a premium pick for a QB the Bears are looking to move on from because he’s not good enough to lead them to the playoffs. That’s the type of QB you want to build around. :rolleyes: No one is going to convince you of anything. You’re so lost one of your suggestions was to blow the team up and trade all our valuable assets, Dak, Parsons, CeeDee and Diggs. :laugh: The Cowboys would be back to the 5 win days in the early 2000s with your master plan. lol I may reach the point when I see Dak as being hopeless but I’m not there yet based on his regular season performances and the consistency we’ve had making the playoffs with him. I still like my chances a lot better with him than rolling the dice in the draft or going with what we have on the roster. Some of your ideas could destroy the team for years to come. No way would I set sail anywhere with you manning the ship.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
assuming we are not going to extend Dak, should we at least explore the possibility of trading for Fields, from what i’m hearing 2nd rounder possibly a late 1st. we could get more draft capital than that for Dak,
No.

quickccc

Reaction score
assuming we are not going to extend Dak, should we at least explore the possibility of trading for Fields, from what i’m hearing 2nd rounder possibly a late 1st. we could get more draft capital than that for Dak,
when we have recently traded for a QB with similar physical traits and style in Trey Lance ?

:huh:

CowboyChris

Reaction score
I read it and you’re the one with a Dak obsession. All I do is contribute to these threads. I don’t start them. You’re looking for ways to replace Dak with anyone who won’t command a big contract. Even if it involves trading a premium pick for a QB the Bears are looking to move on from because he’s not good enough to lead them to the playoffs. That’s the type of QB you want to build around. :rolleyes: No one is going to convince you of anything. You’re so lost one of your suggestions was to blow the team up and trade all our valuable assets, Dak, Parsons, CeeDee and Diggs. :laugh: The Cowboys would be back to the 5 win days in the early 2000s with your master plan. lol I may reach the point when I see Dak as being hopeless but I’m not there yet based on his regular season performances and the consistency we’ve had making the playoffs with him. I still like my chances a lot better with him than rolling the dice in the draft or going with what we have on the roster. Some of your ideas could destroy the team for years to come. No way would I set sail anywhere with you manning the ship.

Insane is extending QB yr 9 no playoff success
having logical common sense and you will be labeled with a Dak obsession, some people think doubling or tripling down on a horse that can’t win is the way to go.

Cmac

Reaction score
He would be placed on the Fall Guy list on Day despite immediate help needed in other areas.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This...shows your double standard and complete hypocrisy. For you and the other Dak Ultra Crusaders, dak is good enough qb but the team sucks. Justin team is fine but justin just isnt good enough.

kskboys

Reaction score
Can't even have a thread about other QB's, always turns into really stupid Dak bickering.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This...shows your double standard and complete hypocrisy. For you and the other Dak Ultra Crusaders, dak is good enough qb but the team sucks. Justin team is fine but justin just isnt good enough.
The Cowboys as a team haven’t been good enough. It was the same when Romo was here. Both were very good regular season QBs who struggled in the playoffs because too much was put on them to have to play perfect. Our defense has been a huge liability in the playoffs for years. It’s been a challenge to get even a decent performance out of our defense or any resemblance of a running game in postseason. As for Justin Fields he clearly isn’t good enough and his passing numbers are clear evidence. You’re not going to win squat with a QB who can even sniff 3000 yards passing or 20 TD passes.

He takes a ton of sacks because he hangs onto the ball always looking to run. It’s laughable that some would defend him while bashing Dak. :rolleyes: You’re not going to get far with a run first QB who struggles making plays from the pocket and isn’t a productive passer. It’s almost like some of you would rather have top 10 picks every year than make the playoffs. If we could find a better QB than Dak I’ll be the first to make the change but many fans would take any QB over him. This a ridiculous fan base.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys as a team haven’t been good enough. It was the same when Romo was here. Both were very good regular season QBs who struggled in the playoffs because too much was put on them to have to play perfect. Our defense has been a huge liability in the playoffs for years. It’s been a challenge to get even a decent performance out of our defense or any resemblance of a running game in postseason. As for Justin Fields he clearly isn’t good enough and his passing numbers are clear evidence. You’re not going to win squat with a QB who can even sniff 3000 yards passing or 20 TD passes.

He takes a ton of sacks because he hangs onto the ball always looking to run. It’s laughable that some would defend him while bashing Dak. :rolleyes: You’re not going to get far with a run first QB who struggles making plays from the pocket and isn’t a productive passer. It’s almost like some of you would rather have top 10 picks every year than make the playoffs. If we could find a better QB than Dak I’ll be the first to make the change but many fans would take any QB over him. This a ridiculous fan base.
I bash dak? You dak ultra crusaders have to lie to support your agenda or it falls apart.
You clearly do not use the same criteria to judge the two qbs. Nothing wrong with favoring your own....but zero credibility in this kind of discussion.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I bash dak? You dak ultra crusaders have to lie to support your agenda or it falls apart.
You clearly do not use the same criteria to judge the two qbs. Nothing wrong with favoring your own....but zero credibility in this kind of discussion.
I didn’t say you I said “some” bash him. I’m no ultra Dak crusader but we have no one better than him. Care to dispute that? I don’t want to go with a lesser QB because they’re cheaper. We’ll never win a championship with a lesser QB. As for Justin Fields do you honestly think he’s better than Dak and would give the Cowboys a better shot at winning a SB?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
All you do is bash Dak and everything else Cowboys. I tell you one thing, Dak’s better than your boy Hurts.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn’t say you I said “some” bash him. I’m no ultra Dak crusader but we have no one better than him. Care to dispute that? I don’t want to go with a lesser QB because they’re cheaper. We’ll never win a championship with a lesser QB. As for Justin Fields do you honestly think he’s better than Dak and would give the Cowboys a better shot at winning a SB?
Okay i see the problem. You are making some assumptions....arguing thing i never said or even implied.
So lets stop, then back up just a bit.
I think justin is a young qb on a bad team. I think hes better than what you give him credit for.

That's it.

It did become appatent to me you judge fields way more harsh than dak. Bears are losers all because of qb....not good enough. When people say that about dak....its all the teams fault.
It has little to do with whos measerably better, even if dak is. Using different metrics for the success or lack of for both qbs and both teams.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Yes we should. I would trade for him. It's better than paying Dak 60 million per. year. If he can play for us for half of what Dak is asking that would be a great deal.

I would trade Dak in an instant for a 2nd if it means not having to deal with his contract.

I'm a fan of Justin Fields. Put him on this team and surround him with talent, he will be good for us for many years.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Okay i see the problem. You are making some assumptions....arguing thing i never said or even implied.
So lets stop, then back up just a bit.
I think justin is a young qb on a bad team. I think hes better than what you give him credit for.

That's it.

It did become appatent to me you judge fields way more harsh than dak. Bears are losers all because of qb....not good enough. When people say that about dak....its all the teams fault.
It has little to do with whos measerably better, even if dak is. Using different metrics for the success or lack of for both qbs and both teams.
All I know is you’ve been highly critical of Dak but appeared to defend Fields. I judge QBs exactly the same way. The Bears have gotten worse with Fields. In the three previous seasons before he arrived they made the playoffs once and didn’t have a losing season. They haven’t had a winning season since he became their QB. There’s a good reason the Bears are likely to move on from him and select Williams first overall. The Bears are a bad team but Fields hasn’t improved them.

I asked if you thought Fields is better than Dak and you avoided the question. You’re giving me no choice but to make assumptions. I defend Dak because we’re winning double digit games with him every year and he’s highly productive. He’s been excellent during the regular season. However, he’s struggled in the playoffs but so has everyone else on the team. As long as we’re consistently making the playoffs there’s hope we’ll finally break through.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Yes we should. I would trade for him. It's better than paying Dak 60 million per. year. If he can play for us for half of what Dak is asking that would be a great deal.

I would trade Dak in an instant for a 2nd if it means not having to deal with his contract.

I'm a fan of Justin Fields. Put him on this team and surround him with talent, he will be good for us for many years.
What makes you a fan of Justin Fields? Im not for or against Fields but would love to see what exactly makes him a high prospect SB QB from what he has showed so far in the NFL...

Status
Not open for further replies.