Sick of the negativity

links18

Reaction score
What counts as negativity? We are what we are, tied for first place in a weak division one game above five hundred. We might make the playoffs, might not. We are not a serious threat to make it to a Super Bowl, unless there are major injuries to the teams ahead of us. The team is playing better than earlier in the year, the Cooper trade has been a net positive on the field, but we still have QBing issues and we have no first round pick next year to address that. The QB play we are getting out of Dak right now might be good enough to make the playoffs in a league filled with parity, but we are unlikely to win any shoot outs with the Saints, Rams, Chiefs of the league.

This three game winning streak is just good enough to convince Jerry he is on the right track and he will extend Dak and keep Garrett and maybe even Linehan, whose playcalling--especially in the red zone--leaves much to be desired.

If your goal is to be competitive in the division, we are fine. If its a championship, then we probably have a long way to go.

Is that too negative?

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
It's kind of amusing to see a fan actually melt down because his or her agenda isn't working out as planned.... At the same time though, it's sad and mentally draining to constantly see the negativity towards our Cowboys. I guess that's because I enjoy building vs tearing down. I'm not too much into demolition.

For example, I hate clapper with a passion but, if this team keeps bringing me quality wins every week, .I can tolerate him and keep my hatin mouth shut.

Like how I understand criticizing Dak when it comes to certain aspects of his game (like footwork, needing to get rid of the ball faster, or being more on target with some of his throws). I'm okay with some questioning whether or not Dak is the QB of the future or a franchise QB for the Cowboys. Don't mind criticism of Dak's play when it's due.

But, then as I said the fixation and negatively on Dak has gone overboard. When a positive thread is made trying to credit Dak for the things he did do well to win the game. Then a negative response is often how Dak didn't throw for 200 yards. Or how the Non-Dak threads are bombarded with "Dak sucks'" types of comments. Like I believe made a thread thanking Gruden for giving us Amari and a shot a Dak was taken about him throwing a short pass to Cooper.

I believe criticism of a team is different from being so negative that one can't enjoy when their team wins. And then looks to be a "Debbie downer" to those who wish to enjoy the win for one day. And some might even wish for the Cowboys to lose games under certain players to be proven right on the "this player sucks" view.

Blake

Reaction score
Some of you are such babies, on both sides of the aisle. I could care less if someome agrees with my point of view, honestly. It doesn't impact my enjoyment from visiting the site; I'm just here to blow off steam. After sticking with this franchise over 30 years, I have a generally negative view of this team's future outlook. Deal with it buttercups, or keep whining about it on a message board. Either way, my opinions and feelings about the team aren't subject to your molding so quit trying. And that's the bottom line.... cuz' I said so!

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'll just enjoy the win and let anyone who wants to pissintheir own meal, do so.

visionary

Reaction score
It’s not about criticism. It’s about negativity. The two aren’t synonymous.

You’re entitled to your attitude and opinion. Other people are entitled to tell you they think they suck as long as it’s within the guidelines.

Wait

I can tell you that you suck?
:flagwave:

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Win or lose, I never understood the "call out" threads, Pro this, Hater that.... really perplexes me. lol

We might be the only fanbase with those.
Not true at all. Nothing is different. If its going on here its going on similar at every other teams zone with a few differences here and there.

Blackrain

Reaction score
True but being 6-5 in the worst division in football leaves a little room for criticism, if we are afforded that basic freedom of expression. Or we can just make ourselves believe that Garett is Belicick, Dak is Breeze and we can all hold hands and sing kumbaya.

I think we all know what Garrett and Dak are talentwise at this point . Garrett has been here long enough where I don't know how much improvement we can expect. Dak has room to grow and mature and will continue to improve .

What we can be sure of is that they are now both fixtures on the Dallas Cowboys Jerrys words Dak is young and going to get extended and he has proven his loyalty to Garrett .

So all the people that cant understand this can all continue jump up and down screaming in vein Dak and Garrett Suck when there time would be better spent discussing how to cover these guys flaws and problems because they are not going anywhere for the foreseeable future.

Can we win a SB with them in these key positions probably a bit too tough in the salary cap era to expect but making the playoffs and winning a game is very possible .

So embrace the reality that is Jerrys TOY and set your EXPECTATIONS accordingly and don't try everyones last nerve beating the dead horse of things that will not Change as long as its Jerrys team with him in charge

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
I think its more you want to hear what you want to hear. Maybe we just need a Dak homer section and Dak hater section so each group doesn't have to hear the others "negativity" and hear all the rainbows and lollipops posting they can stand.
No I don’t mind posts with opposing views, I just hate when the same people invade every thread with their hateful, negative dribble. We heard you in the other 20+ threads you invaded. I’m very critical of this team many times, I’m by no means wear blue colored glasses. But I also don’t go into every thread with the same “so and so sucks” line.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I care only because it is ruining this forum.

I have been here from the get-go and it has always been a great place to talk Cowboys with other fans. Yet here we are, in the midst of a 3-game win streak, and I have to read “Dak Sucks” threads after the guy throws two touchdowns and runs for another one.

It’s a bit out of hand. I suspect that @AsthmaField is right and many are just trolls from other teams. Too many people pretending to be fans who root against their own team.
It only ruins the forum if you let it get to you. It's only a game, and it's only a forum. If you get caught up in a thread with too much negativity, leave it, and don't look back. Come join us in the Off Topic Zone, where we like to have fun, and get away from the "experts".

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
LOL I don't let anyone else's comments or opinions affect my fandom.

This is a fan forum. If you don't like what someone says either ignore them or get the hell over it. I've never seen so many with such thin skin that get their feelings hurt. LOL go to the corner, shut your eyes real tight, stick your fingers in your ears and throw your little hissy fits. I couldnt care less.

I cut my teeth in the 90's. The first season I remember was in '89 when we won one game. My dad took me to Atlanta and I saw Michael Irvin catch a 60 something yard touchdown pass and I was hooked.

Despite all of the back and forth, I think there is a consensus on the board regarding Jason Garrett and definitely Jerry Jones. We all agree that it's been ridiculously bad over the last 25 years. I mean we are one of only three teams in the NFC that haven't been to the Conference title game since '96. Those of us that have seen Championships are especially sick and tired of how things year after year have turned out.

With that said, just because I think that Dak has limited passing skills that will ultimately hold us back from winning anything doesn't mean that I also can't think that Jason Garrett is horrible at his job and will also hold us back from winning Championships as well. I'll keep watching and keep hoping things will change and voicing my opinions. Winning three in a row has been a shocker for me. I never would have bet on it. It feels good. Whoever is on the field for the Boys has my support but that doesn't mean I can't voice my frustrations.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I think we all know what Garrett and Dak are talentwise at this point . Garrett has been here long enough where I don't know how much improvement we can expect. Dak has room to grow and mature and will continue to improve .

What we can be sure of is that they are now both fixtures on the Dallas Cowboys Jerrys words Dak is young and going to get extended and he has proven his loyalty to Garrett .

So all the people that cant understand this can all continue jump up and down screaming in vein Dak and Garrett Suck when there time would be better spent discussing how to cover these guys flaws and problems because they are not going anywhere for the foreseeable future.

Can we win a SB with them in these key positions probably a bit too tough in the salary cap era to expect but making the playoffs and winning a game is very possible .

So embrace the reality that is Jerrys TOY and set your EXPECTATIONS accordingly and don't try everyones last nerve beating the dead horse of things that will not Change as long as its Jerrys team with him in charge

Quit the board if you can't handle the heat.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
I hope we beat the Saints too but man it really looks like they're on a different level with the Rams and Chiefs and maybe even Bears. Although I think we match up OK we're built to compete with them, doesn't mean we will.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I could be wrong, and will probably be corrected if so, but this forum seems to have more active users than ever.

Different strokes for different folks though. Some see half full, some see half empty. Personally, I go both ways depending on the subject, but I always enjoy a win and have no problem publicly eating my crow.

I personally think there's far too much "if you don't root the way I do you're not a real fan" being slung around on both sides of the arguments. That's the real issue I see. Negativity can be argued for/against as long as all parties show respect for each other. Negativity isn't the issue around here, the gross lack of respect and vendetta between posters is.
Well said.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Some of you seem to root against the team literally every week. You minimize the wins and micro criticize everything the Cowboys do.

I really wish some of you would go find another team to root for. Seriously.

Some of you clowns have been predicting losses the past three weeks and lamenting every win. You are holding out hope that the Saints can get us back to our losing ways.

I hope we beat the Saints and crush some of your hopes and dreams. Lol.
for sure too much hoping for demise just to get Garett fired..in time he will be let go and even after last night not using the red flag not being aggressive, I can see jerry making a change anyway regardless of outcome this season..However I will never bash a win or hope for loss, as a lifelong fan its just not in my dna to do so..i dont mind a few posts here and there questioning play and calls etc. but at some point when 70% of the threads are all negative its hard to read..

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Get ready to be told they're being critical because they're concerned about the Cowboys' best interests, as if constantly griping on a message board - even when the team wins - is going to change anything in Dallas. :rolleyes:
Ding-Ding-Ding!,,,WINNER, WINNER,,, CHICKEN DINNER:thumbup:

:starspin::hammer::starspin: