News: Sign QB to bucks, lose top players

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The Cowboys don't know how to build a defense and Jerry must have his triplets on offense. Those are our real problems. Pay a RB big bucks is more of a problem, to me, than paying the QB.
I agree. for 15 years prior to 2020, we picked 43 players in draft. only one, Lawrence was impact ful(yes, a big stretch).....so we sucked at defensive evaluation. only past two years we lucked into Diggs and Parson (whom we wouldn't have taken if one of the top 2 CBs were available).

and he has been trying to build the triplets but has failed. and I 100% agree, you don't pay a RB big bucks. you simply move on

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
LOL. lets talk about squirming. pull your pants up son. you got caught

KJJ: They’re going to have to make an adjustment to the salary cap that allows teams to pay their QBs without having to dismantle their team. Franchise QBs are taking up a big percentage of the cap. The Cowboys, Packers and Kansas City had to sacrifice their best receivers because of the cap hit from their QBs.

KJJ:
I’m starting to think you’re delusional. This was your quote and you’re wrong! You’re referring to Davante Adams and Tyreek Hill. The Packers franchised Davante Adams then matched the Raiders offer. Why would they franchise him then match the Raiders offer if they could just put in another receiver with their QB? Answer the question!

so which is it, A or B

A: could they not afford him?
B: Could they afford him?

avoid avoid avoid, spin spin spin avoid avoid avoid. lie lie lie squirm squirm squirm

You admitted you were wrong about Adams and you’re saying I got caught? Lol This is day four and you’re still crying over an argument you claim you won? Sorry guy but this isn’t the MO of someone who thinks they won an argument. This is the MO of someone who got embarrassed and had to admit they were wrong. :laugh: You must have tossed and turned all night over this. I can almost see the screws grinding in your head with every tearful word you type. Lol It may take the entire summer but eventually you’ll get over this. Hopefully you learned a lesson. :thumbup:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You admitted you were wrong about Adams and you’re saying I got caught? Lol This is day four and you’re still crying over an argument you claim you won? Sorry guy but this isn’t the MO of someone who thinks they won an argument. This is the MO of someone who got embarrassed and had to admit they were wrong. :laugh: You must have tossed and turned all night over this. I can almost see the screws grinding in your head with every tearful word you type. Lol It may take the entire summer but eventually you’ll get over this. Hopefully you learned a lesson. :thumbup:
avoid avoid avoid, spin spin spin avoid avoid avoid. lie lie lie squirm squirm squirm. pull your pants up from around your ankle

KJJ: They’re going to have to make an adjustment to the salary cap that allows teams to pay their QBs without having to dismantle their team. Franchise QBs are taking up a big percentage of the cap. The Cowboys, Packers and Kansas City had to sacrifice their best receivers because of the cap hit from their QBs.

KJJ:
I’m starting to think you’re delusional. This was your quote and you’re wrong! You’re referring to Davante Adams and Tyreek Hill. The Packers franchised Davante Adams then matched the Raiders offer. Why would they franchise him then match the Raiders offer if they could just put in another receiver with their QB? Answer the question!

so which is it, A or B

:lmao::muttley:
Ben Dover, meet KJJ

Diehardblues

Reaction score
All respect coach....and you know I do...

I love this team, and was here (like many) before Jerry and his ego act was.

I signed up as a kid under Coach for about the exact opposite of what party boy Jerry stands for.

I'm not leaving. I do not at all like the way the team is run, and this is the exact place to make that known and/or vent that frustration.

It's not about losing. It's how and why.

In the end, hope prevails....it just goes unmentioned in between the rest.

There's NO ONE that posts regularly here that doesnt care deeply...no matter what they may try to claim.
Yep. There’s room for all types of fans. Some cheer and applaud more while others complain and contest.

We don’t have to support all of the moving pieces to support the sum.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
avoid avoid avoid, spin spin spin avoid avoid avoid. lie lie lie squirm squirm squirm. pull your pants up from around your ankle

KJJ:

so which is it, A or B

:lmao::muttley:
Ben Dover, meet KJJ

I have you babbling to yourself. Lol

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I signed up as a kid under Coach for about the exact opposite of what party boy Jerry stands for.

I'm not leaving. I do not at all like the way the team is run, and this is the exact place to make that known and/or vent that frustration.

There's NO ONE that posts regularly here that doesnt care deeply...no matter what they may try to claim.
I agree...just get frustrated sometimes. I was a coach and I understand where Jimmy was coming from when he left. We all have egos.....that's what makes us good at what we do, but he's gone and Jerry isn't.....I support him because I always understood the chain of command.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Great commanders know when to get out of the way for subordinates who make a difference.

basel90

Reaction score
Well the good news is he hasnt actually hit 42 mill against our cap and probably wont, again dislike Dak and want a new QB, fine but his cap hit is not whats hurting this team. If/when he does ever count that much against the cap it wont matter for 2 reasons...#1 the cap will be much higher, #2 you will still have the same FO running things the same way...his pay is dropping down the QB pay ladder fast and will continue to do so. his hit this year is 19 mill thats not a huge QB hit. Again if you think Dak's QB play is the problem fine but his cap hit is not the problem...
Agree mostly . FO is the main problem. I guess having a mediocre qb that does not hav the talent to overcome FO mistakes is the main issues here . Defenses know how limited Dak is and it has been shown he cannot be the X factor against good teams , he is like 6-18 against winning teams .

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
My solution is to pay an actual top QB.

Dak is not a top QB.

Oh, the amount of times I said this before we made the crucial mistake of signing Dak.

Dak needs great everything around him because guys carry him. He’s not in that class like he is capable of carrying a franchise but is paid like it.

I’d rather keep a good team than sign ourselves into mediocrity like we did with Dak.

There is a long list of guys that could accomplish what Dak did this season with the Cowboys supporting cast.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Oh, the amount of times I said this before we made the crucial mistake of signing Dak.

Dak needs great everything around him because guys carry him. He’s not in that class like he is capable of carrying a franchise but is paid like it.

I’d rather keep a good team than sign ourselves into mediocrity like we did with Dak.

There is a long list of guys that could accomplish what Dak did this season with the Cowboys supporting cast.
There's also QBs that many here think Dak is better than that would've taken the Cowboys further this season that Dak did.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Agree mostly . FO is the main problem. I guess having a mediocre qb that does not hav the talent to overcome FO mistakes is the main issues here . Defenses know how limited Dak is and it has been shown he cannot be the X factor against good teams , he is like 6-18 against winning teams .

True...and the opposite thinking could be that the Cowboys as a team own that record, Again I dont have a problem with anyone who wants a diferent QB, I just happen to believe you would find yourself in the same situation as now. I could be wrong about that but 26 years of prof show me it aint the players. When fans talk about the contract i just make sure they know what the number is because 19 mill is not a huge QB hit...now certainly you can feel that Dak is not worth 19 mill and again thats an arguable point but opinions will always vary.

Big D

Reaction score
Amari Cooper, Davante Adams and Tyreek Hill were cap casualties from having to pay big money to franchise QBs. Cincinnati is going to have a problem trying to figure out how to pay Joe Burrow and Ja’Marr Chase….Good luck!
They wont need Chase. Burrow will elevate whoever steps in next. :thumbup:

Big D

Reaction score
I’m sure the guy I’m arguing with will agree with you. lol
When you get bent over in contract negotiations like the Jones' did with dak it's never a good thing but, they did it to themselves by being slow to decide. It's not the end of the world though.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Jimmy was great.....but too me, no one tops Coach Landry. He was born and raised a few miles from my home, I'm undefeated in the stadium named after him and I tried to Coach like him. He's the only one I miss, but even I knew it was time for him to go. I respect JJ for pulling the trigger and bringing in Jimmy.

cowboyec

Reaction score
most on here during the season said these players we lost were over-rated.

amari was the only one worth a damn.
so....Dak's salary really didnt cost us much.

cowboyec

Reaction score
this is the part of the off-season where folks play pretend.

how could we lose x y z........the same x y z they said was over rated over paid over valued by the fan base blah blah blah.
now its...
oh no.
whatever will we do.

erod

Reaction score
Trent Dilfer, Rex Grossman, Brad Johnson, Neil O'Donnell, Joe Flacco, Colin Kaepernick, Stan Humphries.....

You can get to a Super Bowl without a great QB. You just can't pay him $40 million and expect him to carry you there.