News: Sign QB to bucks, lose top players

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The difference between GB and Dallas is that GB has the QB that can carry that team into the playoffs and while they will miss Adams it won’t be felt to the level that Dallas will miss Cooper. Rodgers made Adams better. Dak didn’t make Cooper better. In fact Cooper made Dak better.
that is a very reasonable response.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
exactly. the posts are out there to be verified. so what are you worried about? why are you squirming?
so A or B

A: Could they afford Adams?
B: Could they not afford Adams

LOL...go ahead. avoid as you have been....why be so afraid to answer such a simple question? scared? of what?

You’re the one squirming just look at your posts. You’re delusional. Lol

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
who cares if he went 10-6?Like asked.. how many SB did he win with a salary cap? same as ________________________ enter whatever ****** coach you want.
How many Super Bowls has Dallas won paying Romo and Dak?

Personally I'd pay a franchise QB and just build up on the defensive side of the ball, like the Patriots did. Brady always had a stout defense. But not too many QB's can be Brady. Most QB's need a strong run game to complement them.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

Personally I'd pay a franchise QB and just build up on the defensive side of the ball, like the Patriots did. Brady always had a stout defense. But not too many QB's can be Brady. Most QB's need a strong run game to complement them.
I agree.. lets use a 6th and draft the next Tom Brady.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don't think it's all Dak either. It's a team problem. It's been going on since 2019, when Moore took over as OC I believe. It's been a pattern for like the last 3 years.
It’s not. It wasn’t a Romo problem either .

Both Prescott and Romo have propped up a dysfunctionally operated franchise .

We have seen what we are without them when they went down for the season with injuries which is a 4-6 win team. But they aren’t enough to single handed overcome the toxic culture and weaknesses throughout.

Flamma

Reaction score
what's the difference between not winning anything with dak and winning nothing looking for a good QB?

I've asked that question a million times. We can not win the SB without Dak too. That was my argument for not paying him. How are the Vikings doing with Cousins? Do they scare you? Yeah, better than Washington, but neither are winning anything. Now we'll be pushing 30M forward next year, for what? A 10-7 first round out?

I'm guessing people just like the fact we're in the playoffs.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I've asked that question a million times. We can not win the SB without Dak too. That was my argument for not paying him. How are the Vikings doing with Cousins? Do they scare you? Yeah, better than Washington, but neither are winning anything. Now we'll be pushing 30M forward next year, for what? A 10-7 first round out?

I'm guessing people just like the fact we're in the playoffs.
The answer resides with our dysfunctional ownership which have admitted that remaining interesting and relative is the initial objective.

10-7 is enough to draw those fringe, fantasy and casual fans in which keeps those registers ringing.

hGGw15l.jpg

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
QBs salaries should have a sub category that is only factored in as 10% of salary cap.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You’re the one squirming just look at your posts. You’re delusional. Lol
LOL. lets talk about squirming. pull your pants up son. you got caught

KJJ: They’re going to have to make an adjustment to the salary cap that allows teams to pay their QBs without having to dismantle their team. Franchise QBs are taking up a big percentage of the cap. The Cowboys, Packers and Kansas City had to sacrifice their best receivers because of the cap hit from their QBs.

KJJ:
I’m starting to think you’re delusional. This was your quote and you’re wrong! You’re referring to Davante Adams and Tyreek Hill. The Packers franchised Davante Adams then matched the Raiders offer. Why would they franchise him then match the Raiders offer if they could just put in another receiver with their QB? Answer the question!

so which is it, A or B

A: could they not afford him?
B: Could they afford him?

avoid avoid avoid, spin spin spin avoid avoid avoid. lie lie lie squirm squirm squirm

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Amazing that those that hate Jethro are still fans and making him money. Jokes are on those idiots
It’s definitely a love/hate relationship. While the Dallas area fans continue to love and root on their favorite franchise , Jethro remains the most hated sports personality.

And you’re right. Jethro laughs all the way to the bank. That’s still no reason to side with him over Jimmy.

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
The answer resides with our dysfunctional ownership which have admitted that remaining interesting and relative is the initial objective.

10-7 is enough to draw those fringe, fantasy and casual fans in which keeps those registers ringing.

hGGw15l.jpg

Absolutely. An owner has a different agenda. His needs are different from a fan's needs. I'd rather us go 3-14 and get a high draft pick than go 10-7 with no real chance in the playoffs. Jerry, as a businessman has to believe the opposite.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

that's what every team wants to do, they pay franchise QB and build around him, including defensive side, which people often forget is pretty common in all the teams tht have won superbowl...

but who is the franchise QB? Jerry thought Dak and Romo were, but that's his wrong assessment. to your point, not too many are like Brady, he is once in every two genration type. the problem is Jerry has been pretty bad in assessing talent. not that he hasn't found any ever, but most of his assessment that he has over paid have been bad ones.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Just amazing that some Cowboy fans would defend or side with Jethro over Jimmy.

But this is why the assault on our dysfunctional owner must continue.
well, to some of them, Jerry hired Jimmy. so he gets some credit. which is true. subsequently he fired (essentially) his best employee because he was worried how he makes him look. so he cut off his nose to spite his face

ondaedg

Reaction score
The difference between GB and Dallas is that GB has the QB that can carry that team into the playoffs and while they will miss Adams it won’t be felt to the level that Dallas will miss Cooper. Rodgers made Adams better. Dak didn’t make Cooper better. In fact Cooper made Dak better.

Ya Rodgers “carried” them to that 6-9-1 season in 2018. Every qb even the amazing AR needs a team around him to be successful.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Absolutely. An owner has a different agenda. His needs are different from a fan's needs. I'd rather us go 3-14 and get a high draft pick than go 10-7 with no real chance in the playoffs. Jerry, as a businessman has to believe the opposite.
I would tend to agree, but there is also a bit of luck involved. 4 out of 5 QBs in first round fail. even top picks, but to your point if you never pick one that high, you never have a chance.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
well, to some of them, Jerry hired Jimmy. so he gets some credit. which is true. subsequently he fired (essentially) his best employee because he was worried how he makes him look. so he cut off his nose to spite his face
Jethro deserves credit for bringing Jimmy in. And he deserves the blame for everything since he let him go.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I would tend to agree, but there is also a bit of luck involved. 4 out of 5 QBs in first round fail. even top picks, but to your point if you never pick one that high, you never have a chance.
It is what it is. Cowboys fans under this dysfunctional ownership need to adjust their expectations. Winning championships simply isn’t the top priority.