News: Sign QB to bucks, lose top players

Diehardblues

Reaction score
that's what every team wants to do, they pay franchise QB and build around him, including defensive side, which people often forget is pretty common in all the teams tht have won superbowl...

but who is the franchise QB? Jerry thought Dak and Romo were, but that's his wrong assessment. to your point, not too many are like Brady, he is once in every two genration type. the problem is Jerry has been pretty bad in assessing talent. not that he hasn't found any ever, but most of his assessment that he has over paid have been bad ones.
But these overpaid talents deliver more to Jethro Jone$ than what we measure on the field.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Just amazing that some Cowboy fans would defend or side with Jethro over Jimmy.

But this is why the assault on our dysfunctional owner must continue.
I've gotta say those are the most infuriating.

I'm pretty sure the team has interns in these spots defending themselves. Some just like to take the unpopular side to see what type of reactions they can get. Some are purely ignorant.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

I'm pretty sure the team has interns in these spots defending themselves. Some just like to take the unpopular side to see what type of reactions they can get. Some are purely ignorant.
Could be but even more I think we have Homers who defend anything under the Star even if it includes bashing former Cowboys greats who can offer criticism.

We have fans who have bashed Jimmy, Landry, Aikman and others to side with our owner. Truly amazing.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
But these overpaid talents deliver more to Jethro Jone$ than what we measure on the field.
exactly. I have said this multiple times. Jerry jones as GM and Owner is always in conflict with himself.the owner always wins and the GM loses, as his moves are often decided by Marketing aspects of it. Jerry the owner has been successful as a result.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Just amazing that some Cowboy fans would defend or side with Jethro over Jimmy.

But this is why the assault on our dysfunctional owner must continue.
you can "ASSault," Jerry all day, all it will do is make YOU feel better.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
that's what every team wants to do, they pay franchise QB and build around him, including defensive side, which people often forget is pretty common in all the teams tht have won superbowl...

but who is the franchise QB? Jerry thought Dak and Romo were, but that's his wrong assessment. to your point, not too many are like Brady, he is once in every two genration type. the problem is Jerry has been pretty bad in assessing talent. not that he hasn't found any ever, but most of his assessment that he has over paid have been bad ones.
The Cowboys don't know how to build a defense and Jerry must have his triplets on offense. Those are our real problems. Pay a RB big bucks is more of a problem, to me, than paying the QB.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Crawl up his butt all you want. But some of us want to feel better. He’s certainly not providing it.

Ive never met nor spoken to the man, so I cant really do as you suggest.

The Cowboys success or failure sticks in my crawl for about a day, then life moves on. You would think at your age youd have figured that out by now. But it seems to me you LOVE bash Jerry threads.

ondaedg

Reaction score
The Cowboys don't know how to build a defense and Jerry must have his triplets on offense. Those are our real problems. Pay a RB big bucks is more of a problem, to me, than paying the QB.

Lol triplets!?!? What will triplets get you? You gotta have a minimum of two RBs and three WRs. It’s 2022 and you’re talking “triplets”? At least Jerry has a clue what it takes on offense.
:muttley:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Ive never met nor spoken to the man, so I cant really do as you suggest.

The Cowboys success or failure sticks in my crawl for about a day, then life moves on. You would think at your age youd have figured that out by now. But it seems to me you LOVE bash Jerry threads.
It’s more like a crusade for me. I’ve been an activist or rebel of sorts since a teenager in the 60’s.

And when someone or something is an obstacle or hindrance then the quest will continue. Especially when you lived and breathed an entity for so long. And why I use the screen name I chose .

I don’t expect everyone to be as passionate and devote as much time and energy to my quest but as long as there are any supporters of this old fool running Cowboys Football then my efforts are warranted. I sleep better at night.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
It’s more like a crusade for me. I’ve been an activist or rebel of sorts since a teenager in the 60’s.

And when someone or something is an obstacle or hindrance then the quest will continue. Especially when you lived and breathed an entity for so long. And why I use the screen name I chose .

I don’t expect everyone to be as passionate and devote as much time and energy to my quest but as long as there are any supporters of this old fool running Cowboys Football then my efforts are warranted. I sleep better at night.
hey, whatever helps you sleep at night is all good:)

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Lol triplets!?!? What will triplets get you? You gotta have a minimum of two RBs and three WRs. It’s 2022 and you’re talking “triplets”? At least Jerry has a clue what it takes on offense.
:muttley:
How are all of the teams that are paying their RB big bucks doing? Jerry will always over pay to have players he considers stars at WR, QB, and RB. In the salary cap era how many running backs can you say carried their team to a Super Bowl? One? Paying a running back big bucks takes away from the overall team. I'd rather have a stout defense than a 90 million dollar RB.

By the way every team has more than two RB's and three WR's on their 55 man roster. Just FYI.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s definitely a love/hate relationship. While the Dallas area fans continue to love and root on their favorite franchise , Jethro remains the most hated sports personality.

And you’re right. Jethro laughs all the way to the bank. That’s still no reason to side with him over Jimmy.
I love what Jimmy did for us, but he's gone.......and JJ is still here.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

And some are fans of the TEAM.....Jimmy was great, but hrs gone! Some like to live in the past....put in a VHS of the 90s history and chill....

basel90

Reaction score
Dak should not have gotten 42 mil a year and all that ridiculous guaranteed money , period . We are seeing why .

ondaedg

Reaction score
How are all of the teams that are paying their RB big bucks doing? Jerry will always over pay to have players he considers stars at WR, QB, and RB. In the salary cap era how many running backs can you say carried their team to a Super Bowl? One? Paying a running back big bucks takes away from the overall team. I'd rather have a stout defense than a 90 million dollar RB.

By the way every team has more than two RB's and three WR's on their 55 man roster. Just FYI.

I agree with you that paying big bucks to a RB isn’t a great strategy. So if you’re referring to triplets as trying to reproduce Emmitt/Irvin/Aikman then that is stupid on Jerry’s part. But today’s NFL requires at least 4-5 talented players on offense at a minimum. Look at the Bucs for example. Once injuries hit Evans and Godwin they couldn’t score even with Gronk and Brady.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Dak should not have gotten 42 mil a year and all that ridiculous guaranteed money , period . We are seeing why .

Do you just regurgitate the same thing in every thread regardless of how dumb it sounds?

fivetwos

Reaction score
And some are fans of the TEAM.....Jimmy was great, but hrs gone! Some like to live in the past....put in a VHS of the 90s history and chill....
All respect coach....and you know I do...

I love this team, and was here (like many) before Jerry and his ego act was.

I signed up as a kid under Coach for about the exact opposite of what party boy Jerry stands for.

I'm not leaving. I do not at all like the way the team is run, and this is the exact place to make that known and/or vent that frustration.

It's not about losing. It's how and why.

In the end, hope prevails....it just goes unmentioned in between the rest.

There's NO ONE that posts regularly here that doesnt care deeply...no matter what they may try to claim.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

Well the good news is he hasnt actually hit 42 mill against our cap and probably wont, again dislike Dak and want a new QB, fine but his cap hit is not whats hurting this team. If/when he does ever count that much against the cap it wont matter for 2 reasons...#1 the cap will be much higher, #2 you will still have the same FO running things the same way...his pay is dropping down the QB pay ladder fast and will continue to do so. his hit this year is 19 mill thats not a huge QB hit. Again if you think Dak's QB play is the problem fine but his cap hit is not the problem...