Simone Biles: Quitter or champion of mental health?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
By the way... how many people in here, and I cant say for sure, but quite possibly you, were bashing Randy Gregory for a few years in here. I dont remember seeing too many people sympathetic to Mr. Gregory and his mental health issues.

There were quite a few of them here that were sympathetic, you must have missed them...

uvaballa

Reaction score
I think her backing out worked, especially if she was hurting her team. USA ended up with silver and they got a gold in the individual event.

This is like a guy who plays hurt and actually hurts his team. Or a guy who’s mind is somewhere else and hurts the team more than helping the team.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
hey. let me know when you find that article on Jordan saying he quit hoops due to pressure. I have a feeling im gonna be waiting for a long time.

Yeah, that claim is ridiculous. Jordan quit basketball once to play baseball. He quit the second time b/c he was old and couldn't run around people anymore. He morphed into a spot shooter at the end and was no longer able to control games.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yeah, that claim is ridiculous. Jordan quit basketball once to play baseball. He quit the second time b/c he was old and couldn't run around people anymore. He morphed into a spot shooter at the end and was no longer able to control games.
Jordan got caught gambling. It was either go do something else until this blows over or be suspended.

Didn't need articles, it was common knowledge.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jordan got caught gambling. It was either go do something else until this blows over or be suspended.

He was cleared of gambling charges and you are talking about his first retirement. He came back and won 3 NBA titles. His fathers death made him want to pursue pro baseball.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He was cleared of gambling charges and you are talking about his first retirement. He came back and won 3 NBA titles. His fathers death made him want to pursue pro baseball.
Jordan was pressured out in his first retirement - the gambling was legit and had gotten out of control. Stern knew he couldn't have the face of the league get caught in a Pete Rose type of scandal - so he basically had him "retire" until it all blew over.
For Jordan, he was too big to fail - no matter what occurred in his baseball dream, he could always come right back to the NBA once it was time. I'm sure the death of his father made it easier for Jordan to accept this deal from Stern, but there was too much smoke on the gambling issues, IMO.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jordan was pressured out in his first retirement - the gambling was legit and had gotten out of control. Stern knew he couldn't have the face of the league get caught in a Pete Rose type of scandal - so he basically had him "retire" until it all blew over.
For Jordan, he was too big to fail - no matter what occurred in his baseball dream, he could always come right back to the NBA once it was time. I'm sure the death of his father made it easier for Jordan to accept this deal from Stern, but there was too much smoke on the gambling issues, IMO.

Well, maybe that how you read the tea leaves but officially he was cleared of the gambling charges. Retirement would not have saved him from the consequences of betting on basketball games, if that allegation were true.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

I knew why......but I was rubbing his bs claim in a little.

John813

Reaction score
I don't think she's either tbh.

She's handled pressure before with great poise in previous olympics.
Not like she was some hyped up athlete with zero accolades.
So, the fact that she did pull out to me thinks whatever it is is pretty serious funk of some sort. Shame it had to happen right then.

kskboys

Reaction score
It was really common knowledge at the time.

I'm pretty much a Jordan fan, and this doesn't bother me at all as regarding what I think of him. Everyone has demons, doesn't make him less of a person.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
It was really common knowledge at the time.

I'm pretty much a Jordan fan, and this doesn't bother me at all as regarding what I think of him. Everyone has demons, doesn't make him less of a person.
too bad you arent MLB commissioner so Pete Rose can be put in teh HOF before he passes away.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
you are clueless. Better not learn to deal with pressure.... I know in the real world companies routinely give employees a little extra time to deal with deadlines if they say they have had a little anxiety in dealing with the amount of work on their plate.

yep........ pressure.... depression, mental health..... life is tough.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
cry me a river

she quit.
Neanderthal
E052-B2-CC-78-CD-406-A-B58-F-C6-DB91-FD1689.jpg

terra

Reaction score
If she was as messed up as she claims she was, then she should have stepped aside BEFORE the olympics started.

Just another selfish self involved diva

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Neanderthal
E052-B2-CC-78-CD-406-A-B58-F-C6-DB91-FD1689.jpg

Those Neanderthals got stuff done. An entire railway and highway system built in very short time. We would argue for a decade(as they are in Congress right now) over how to pay for it. Then we would take another 5 years to build 40 miles of highway.

The bullet train in Ca still in limbo a decade later..... wait till the quitter generation is in charge.... they wont ever get anything done because of so many mental health days off of work.