Skip & Screamin A Nail It On The Cowboys and Garrett

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Jason Garrett needs to do what Mike Tomlin does and hire good coodinators and let them do their job. Garrett's offense is outdated and predictable but he is a good motivator I believe. Just let somebody else design and gameplan the offense.

Well if you know that , how come JG doesnt know it or figure it out after all these years ???????????
I see the likes,. so you all know this but JG doesnt, so what does that say?

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
I don't think whatever happens jg will be fired this season but if they lay a egg next year then all bets are off.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Let us assume they are correct and other coaches with track records similar to Garrett would have been fired by now. So what? That, by itself, does not invalidate Jerry's decision to stick with Garrett this long. Like I have said in the past, there is no absolute mathematical formula for determining success in building a football team or how long a coach should get before he is fired. Coaches get fired when a front office decides they have reached their potential for growth and they still aren't winning at a high enough level. That decision is usually rooted in criteria that are both subjective and highly qualitative.

I wouldn't shed tears if Garrett was fired, but he shouldn't be fired unless they can replace him with someone obviously better, like Sean Payton.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
This is what is wrong in this country now. Stephen A. and the mediots like him all across the spectrum are using the race card way too much. What is going to happen/happening is people see/hear race this, race that and won't bat an eye because they've been beaten down with fake BS for so long. All of these people are not going to have peoples attention when an actual race issue presents itself. When those real issues present themselves, people will be tone deaf and real issues won't get the attention it deserves.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score

Skip was DEAD on right. SAS shouldn't have brought up race but his point is well taken because in reality most people would have been fired. The Process, etc is a sham. Been saying that for years. As Skip said, he is a back slapper. But when things go wrong he can't manage a Home Depot. I thought the injuries this year would cover him up for years to come but unexpectedly, and from my point of view..gladly...they have exposed his coaching and that he is having the same issues he had pre-2014

BHendri5

Reaction score
they are idiots to the highest degree and they did not nail anything. Especially SAS, I'm black and I do not see anything racial about it. Stop listening to those guys, infact stop listening to the media period about anything

phildadon86

Reaction score
I don't think whatever happens jg will be fired this season but if they lay a egg next year then all bets are off.

JG can go 0-16 next season and would keep his job. Linehan and Marinelli would be scapegoated. And yes I am being serious. jerry has too much time invested in his "coach in training"

AzCowboysFan

Reaction score
Beyond all the sensationalism and over the top antics, they are right in what they said.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Ol Stephen A never misses an opportunity to race bait.
The point about Jones giving Garrett a bit of a longer leash is true though.

Not to say it's good enough, but I guess the argument would be that he's never had a losing a season and has won or played for the division title every season. Again, that would be the other side.
That changes this year, of course.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
garrett has been here five years and the cowboys are not any closer to being superbowl contenders than they were when he took over. he Is tom landry never will be not even close end of story. but the thing is if jerry fires him he will just bring in another somebody he can bully and make him do what he wants so its kinda moot point any way.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Oh it sucks for both of my favorite teams but I hear ya. You sound like you're a Mavs fan. :D

Not a big roundball fan. I live in South Florida so I rooted for the Heat when Lebron was here. Dont get into it at all. If I watch basketball I have more interest in Maryland than the NBA.

marylandlogo.png

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
False. But even if it were true, that doesn't make it the right move. Too many coaches are fired too early these days.

Continuity can be important. Marvin Lewis has hardly been successful, but he's been the coach there for over a decade. I like that. The ownership isn't making potentially emotional and irrational decisions. Stuff happens.

Maybe you should go post on some Bengals boards and root for that team if that kind of continuity is something you approve of.

As a Cowboys fan, I would never settle for being satisfied with a Marvin Lewis situation. My standards are higher.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
NEVER WILL there be another NFL Team that can COACH ITSELF the way the 95 Cowboys did to a Superbowl, could someone please memo that FACT to all of the Mr. Joneses.

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
garrett has been here five years and the cowboys are not any closer to being superbowl contenders than they were when he took over. he Is tom landry never will be not even close end of story. but the thing is if jerry fires him he will just bring in another somebody he can bully and make him do what he wants so its kinda moot point any way.

i go with the "a broken clock is right twice a day" philosophy with Jerry on this. The sooner you let go of a mediocre coach the sooner you get a better one.

mldardy

Reaction score
One day my wish is that all poster STOP creating threads about stupid Stephen A and Skip Bayless. That is a long shot I know but one day I'm hoping it becomes true.