Skip wants Cowboys to lose the next 5 games

mardwin

Reaction score
I'm all in for taking for a top 5 pick... for the Raiders.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Nobody worth knowing cares what Skip Bayless says or thinks. And nobody who knows sports thinks the time to tank is after you've given away the draft pick that would've benefited from that tanking.

:lmao2:

Is Garrett getting fired a benefit to you? Wake up.

blueblood70

Reaction score
im sorry but I cant get on board with tanking or wishful losing rantings..if we lose and he does get fired great but I hope to win each and every game..

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm all in for taking for a top 5 pick... for the Raiders.

Do you realize then when you have a high pick in the first round, you have a high pick also in rounds 2-6?

Think about that for a minute and then come on back to the table.

kevm3

Reaction score
Isn’t this the fair weather fan Kelce was talking about? I don’t care how people justify it, tanking is a loser mentality and is for losers.

lol how are any cowboys fans fairweather fans? The team has sucked for over 2 decades. Kids have been born and possibly finished college the last time the cowboys have won anything. Over the last 20 years, we've won what, 2 or 3 playoff games? How can anyone that has suffered through all of that be a fairweather fan? More like they are smart fans getting tired of being fed turd sandwiches by Jerry Jones who absolutely refuses to change course. Teams have literally won the superbowl, fell off and rebuilt during the time we last did anything. There's a difference between the team having a couple of bad 'rebuild' years and in being in perpetual mediocrity for decades and the "GM/Owner" refusing to do anything about it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
im sorry but I cant get on board with tanking or wishful losing rantings..if we lose and he does get fired great but I hope to win each and every game..

To each his own. I would love nothing more then embarrassing losses the rest of the season. Its about sacrifice.

Obviously your not willing to go through a little pain in order to get to the other side. I guess waving your pom poms a little on Sunday is more important then winning it all some day?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
lol how are any cowboys fans fairweather fans? The team has sucked for over 2 decades. Kids have been born and possibly finished college the last time the cowboys have won anything. Over the last 20 years, we've won what, 2 or 3 playoff games? How can anyone that has suffered through all of that be a fairweather fan? More like they are smart fans getting tired of being fed turd sandwiches by Jerry Jones who absolutely refuses to change course. Teams have literally won the superbowl, fell off and rebuilt during the time we last did anything. There's a difference between the team having a couple of bad 'rebuild' years and in being in perpetual mediocrity for decades and the "GM/Owner" refusing to do anything about it.

Soo true. LOL

Is like calling the Browns fair weather fans. LOL

blueblood70

Reaction score
To each his own. I would love nothing more then embarrassing losses the rest of the season. Its about sacrifice.

Obviously your not willing to go through a little pain in order to get to the other side. I guess waving your pom poms a little on Sunday is more important then winning it all some day?
real fans dont pray for their team to lose regardless of the situation.. no need to be overly positive im not saying I cant wait for Jerry to hire a GM and get a better coaching staff in here but I will not pull for losses or tanking..sorry im not taking the bait..im no pom pom waver im die hard fan that cant stand to see us lose..

kevm3

Reaction score
Nobody worth knowing cares what Skip Bayless says or thinks. And nobody who knows sports thinks the time to tank is after you've given away the draft pick that would've benefited from that tanking.

:lmao2:

We're tanking to get rid of Garrett or shall we let him throw more historic careers down the drain? Romo, Witten, Ware, Dez, Murray, Bailey and Sean Lee weren't enough?

kevm3

Reaction score
real fans dont pray for their team to lose regardless of the situation.. no need to be overly positive im not saying I cant wait for Jerry to hire a GM and get a better coaching staff in here but I will not pull for losses or tanking..sorry im not taking the bait..im no pom pom waver im die hard fan that cant stand to see us lose..

"Real fans" want their teams to win or to at least try. Real fans don't want to see great players careers thrown down the drain because we have the most backwards front office in the league who allowed the backup quarterback who got beat out by our starter to immediately be quarterback coach. We don't want to see a head coach mangle and ruin more talent. If losing gets rid of Garrett, then by all means, it's time to lose.

aaev84

Reaction score
Wont matter what we think or hope win wise right now. The hand the ownership has decided to play is a losing one... But there is always the chance for a new deck and deal. We'll see.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Bayless probably believes it will take a consecutive losing streak that long to prompt Jones into firing Garrett. It would be reminiscent of Jones' action with Phillips. I have been saying the same thing but think it would only take four additional consecutive losses and Garrett losing the roster's enthusiasm. It would not be surprising to me if Jones retains Garrett if those conditions do not occur.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

I respect your opinion, but I think its just the opposite. A REAL fan would want whats best for the franchise long term. Even if that meant losses. It appears waving your pom poms for few meaningless wins is more important then long term success. Seems like your just a casual fan to me.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Maybe it's a start. It's better than nothing changing, I think we can agree on that.
You don’t understand..I WANT them fired...I would have fired Garrett a long time ago,and can’t even list all the blunders for it. But what’s going to be different if the FO keeps the same approach? I’m not interested in more of the same just for the sake of change. I’m sick of losing. I want to win something. We’ll never win a damn thing with the way they are doing things. They don’t learn...they actually traded away a first round pick on a vet WR again,for a unstable ball club,and then state contract extensions for both him and a Quincy Carter at QB? That’s just insane.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You don’t understand..I WANT them fired...I would have fired Garrett a long time ago,and can’t even list all the blunders for it. But what’s going to be different if the FO keeps the same approach? I’m not interested in more of the same just for the sake of change. I’m sick of losing. I want to win something. We’ll never win a damn thing with the way they are doing things. They don’t learn...they actually traded away a first round pick on a vet WR again,for a unstable ball club,and then state contract extensions for both him and a Quincy Carter at QB? That’s just insane.

There's nobody left from the extended family to gift the job to. If nothing else, that has to change. When they make this change, the Joneses are going to have to be uncomfortable, because the next coach will have a multi-year contract and the influence that comes with it. Jerry Jones isn't going to hire some guy on a short term deal and quickly Fire him and have to pay him.

You might be standing on the precipice of the start of a new way of doing things, and a goodbye to the puppets once and for all.