Skip wants Cowboys to lose the next 5 games

tyke1doe

Reaction score
No, don't get rid of Jason now. He'll keep us mediocre. That way we don't have to regret giving Oakland/Las Vegas a high pick.
Then if Jason is canned after the season ends, we'll have a new puppet, er, coach. Then he'll go 1-15 or 0-16, and we'll be in the Tua sweepstakes.
Don't blow this, Jerry. :mad:

Fire407

Reaction score
Football players generally don't tank like players might in basketball. A player is going to do his best to show off his skill so he can get to keep playing and help his contract negotiations. I don't want to see anyone intentionally throw a game, but I definitely want Garrett gone.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The real fan would want to get rid of Jerry and the only possibility of that is if the Cowboys are at the bottom of the NFL for several consecutive years so here’s to us being a dumoster fire for the next decade (or until Jerry dies).
Jerry aint going no where. I don't care if we have 10 straight 1-15 seasons. He is not letting go of this franchise. It's his pride and joy and where he gets international relevance.
So we have to hope to catch lightning in a bottle with the coaching selection or draft a franchise quarterback like Tua Tagovailoa who could possibly overcome the ineptitude of the coaching staff, the front office and the owner.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You should understand Dr Jekyl. You said you were against tanking and then said you wanted to tank, which is it? Get confused? Not sure which voice is talking to you right now?

That's twice you've made that claim now and have yet to back it up when it's been refuted? Show my quotes where I've been inconstant. I think you have your multiple personalities crossed again.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Oh great, it's the typical who's a real fan argument again.

How about stop worrying how other people are fans of a team? We all want what's best for the Cowboys in the end, it's just that we all don't think the same way about HOW to achieve that.
I liken it to parents who have a drug addicted son. They've done everything they could for him, enabled him, pleaded with him to change, etc. Until, finally, they're ready to let him hit rock bottom, hoping that he come to himself, get help and get better.
Sometimes, it takes that. But letting him hit rock bottom isn't a sign of hatred but a sign of LOVE and genuine concern for him. Because, unfortunately, some people have to hit rock bottom before they straight their lives out.

The same goes for this franchise. We may just have to let the Cowboys hit the lowest of the low. Hoping they do so isn't an indictment on fandom. Rather, it's a recognition that we understand what it's ULTIMATELY going to take to move from a place of hope by enablement to a place of hope based on true repentance and humility after being broken.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Ya know who I've seen "bail"? The Kool-Aid kids. The ones that sanctimoniously told us how great Garrett was and how we didn't know what we were talking about!

You know the ones, the ones you don't see or hear from anymore. The ones that have nothing left but to lurk or hit and run with a comment here or there before running back to the shadows. Or those who tucked tail and ran to find somewhere else to post. Somewhere that hasn't caught on to their fountains of bull**** yet.

Those are the ones that I've noticed. The former know-it-alls and big mouths who told everyone else how right they were and how wrong you were.

Their absence while in hiding is noticeable.

cough*Hostile*cough

conner01

Reaction score
I would be behind this. But it’s going to suck losing a top 5 pick
The silver lining is you still have top 5 in the other rounds
Haven’t looked at next years draft at all but past draft was pretty deep
Other than QB’s that is

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
John Gruden approves of this strategy

11041335_web1_Raiders-Rams-Footbal.jpg

Maybe out of appreciation he will give us a QB...………….we kind of need one;)

aria

Reaction score
That's twice you've made that claim now and have yet to back it up when it's been refuted? Show my quotes where I've been inconstant. I think you have your multiple personalities crossed again.
I already have, and you ignored them.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I already have, and you ignored them.

No, you haven't. You made one unsubstantiated claim that you never proved and then made the same one again after being asked to support it and failing to do so. Is the third time the charm?

aria

Reaction score

As much as I try to rationalize tanking, I just don't understand it or have it in me.

It's worth it If it also means losing a turd of a head coach. Think big picture.

Conversely, I don't care what you think about it. If losing a few games now gets Garrett fired and am actually capable coach hired? Just tank baby!

Good enough Mr Hypocritical Amnesia? GO PHILLY! Right?

GenoT

Reaction score
Skip probably has a high opinion of taking showers with guys, but his football opinions are pure click-bait BS.

aria

Reaction score
No, you haven't. You made one unsubstantiated claim that you never proved and then made the same one again after being asked to support it and failing to do so. Is the third time the charm?
LOL, I just realized it when I reread my post, it’s been a long day and I haven’t even been drinking. It’s obvious I shouldn’t post anymore tonight and I’ll leave it up so everyone can see what a jackhole I am.

My sincerest apologies, honestly. BIG DUMB mistake on my part. Have a good evening :)

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL, I just realized it when I reread my post, it’s been a long day and I haven’t even been drinking. It’s obvious I shouldn’t post anymore tonight and I’ll leave it up so everyone can see what a jackhole I am.

My sincerest apologies, honestly. BIG DUMB mistake on my part. Have a good evening :)

You too! Kudos for being man enough to admit when you were wrong. Accountability is in far too short supply nowadays and I credit you for showing yours.

As a result, my esteem for you has grown, not lessened.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
So you mixed up mine and @Streetwise's comments and still haven't realized it and want to give birth of us grief about it?

This must be embarrassing for you.
:facepalm:
I can handle my own, you worry about you. Nothing a bunch of personalities on the internet is going to do to[offend or affect me. No matter how hard you want it to

aria

Reaction score
So you mixed up mine and @Streetwise's comments and still haven't realized it and want to give birth of us grief about it?

This must be embarrassing for you.
:facepalm:
Not really, if it were that embarrassing to me I would delete it.

I messed up, admitted it, apologized for it and left it up so everyone can see how bad I screwed up. It happens, oh well, it’s not the first time and won’t be the last.