Twitter: Slater: I’m told he’s been at the facility nearly everyday rehabbing

Swagger

Reaction score
Interesting side note:

Before last year's squad said "hold our beers" the 2013 defense held the dishonor of being the worst defense in franchise history.

Lawrence was drafted in 2014 but didn't start in any games and only played in 7 with virtually no impact. Hitchens was also drafted that year and he played in all 16 and had a decent season but less productive than Carter was the previous season.

Martin was also added in 2014 and solidified the youngish but very talented O-line.

With virtually the same defense that had just established the new franchise benchmark in futility, Romo lead the team to 12-4 and... well, you know the rest.

That's the difference between being able to protect your defense, and expecting them to protect the QB.
I agree and that's what an All Pro QB is able to do for his team. Put them on his back and at times drag them over the line to win games.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I agree and that's what an All Pro QB is able to do for his team. Put them on his back and at times drag them over the line to win games.

Romo was awesome carrying the team to all those playoff wins. Even Aikman carried those stacked SB teams, he showed it when Emmitt sat for 2 games, no matter.

Last edited:

phildadon86

Reaction score
Romo was awesome carrying the team to all those playoff wins. Even Aikman carried those stacked SB teams, he showed it when Emmitt sat for 2 games, no matter.
I love how they bring up certain games. New England. Horrible coaches decided to play inside all week when they knew it was going to be raining. NO game when Witten and Zeke fumbled the game away while we were driving. And the Philly game where Pollard fumbled the game away and our wonderful coaches had Amari on the sidelines on the most important play of the game. Yup. ALL DAK GUYS!

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I love how they bring up certain games. New England. Horrible coaches decided to play inside all week when they knew it was going to be raining. NO game when Witten and Zeke fumbled the game away while we were driving. And the Philly game where Pollard fumbled the game away and our wonderful coaches had Amari on the sidelines on the most important play of the game. Yup. ALL DAK GUYS!

Hahaha.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Right on. I do get that and you're right, but:
Seattle gets a monster, and I do mean monster cap hit from trading Russ.
And then they're going to get a monster cap hit from Dak.

It's just not feasible.

Picks they want.
Total team destroying cap hits that will completely transform everything they have to accommodate, they do not want.
Especially this coming year.
Can the other team agree to eat some of the cap hit? I am not really sure how all that works, I understand salary cap 101, not 102

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Yeah with those bum running backs and bum receivers...how on earth did Russell do it with that bum DK Metcalf?
Really? 50+ sacks a year. Our entire backup offensive line doesn't give up half of that with 3rd string QBs.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Can the other team agree to eat some of the cap hit? I am not really sure how all that works, I understand salary cap 101, not 102
I think that could be arranged, but I'm about on the same level as you on cap knowledge.
There was a self-proclaimed cap expert here for years, but he has disappeared on the perm and I worry for him.

Maybe someone else here could answer this question?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Really? 50+ sacks a year. Our entire backup offensive line doesn't give up half of that with 3rd string QBs.

It wasn't that long ago in 2018 when Dak got sacked 56 times to Russell Wilson's 51....for the record just because you get sacked isn't always entirely on the offensive lines fault.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
There were plenty of weapons still

Who?
There's the game. Knock yourself out.
Our leading WR that day was Tayvon Austin, who hasn't broken 200 yards for a season in the last 4 seasons, and only had 20 in 2020.
Next up, Witten, who had 69 in 2020.
Gallup sick and 48, Zeke 48, Cedrick had 46.
Cedrick and Austin were the only healthy Cowboys WRs on the field that day. Cedrick wasn't even *thrown* a ball in any other game in 2019, and Austin totaled 113 for the rest of the season.
Meanwhile, Devin Smith only took 4 games to match Austin's 113 yards in 13 other games.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201910130nyj.htm

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
They were never sitting Dak. They use to play Romo in games like that too where he'd be depleted. What killed me about the Eagles game was the game plan didn't change knowing Dak was hurt.

The only comparable I can remember was when Romo couldn't throw with the swollen hand, and they started Orton in his place. I think it was another "win and you're in" kind of game against the Eagles.

So they *didn't* start Tony in a similar circumstance.

basel90

Reaction score
Who?
There's the game. Knock yourself out.
Our leading WR that day was Tayvon Austin, who hasn't broken 200 yards for a season in the last 4 seasons, and only had 20 in 2020.
Next up, Witten, who had 69 in 2020.
Gallup sick and 48, Zeke 48, Cedrick had 46.
Cedrick and Austin were the only healthy Cowboys WRs on the field that day. Cedrick wasn't even *thrown* a ball in any other game in 2019, and Austin totaled 113 for the rest of the season.
Meanwhile, Devin Smith only took 4 games to match Austin's 113 yards in 13 other games.
Top OL
A first round RB called zeke
A Hall of fame TE named Witten
Star WRs : Gallup , Wilson , Austin

hardly an argument for lack of talent

phildadon86

Reaction score
Top OL
A first round RB called zeke
A Hall of fame TE named Witten
Star WRs : Gallup , Wilson , Austin

hardly an argument for lack of talent
You forgetting we were also missing Collins and smith? Both tackles? You are some kinda troll when you don’t mention that but you absolve Mahomes not scoring in the superbowl as poor coaching snd injuries to his OL

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
How come no one has brought up that he was missing both tackles in the Jets game as well? He was getting his behind kicked and kept getting back up.

I've always focused on the coaching mistakes in 2019.

That's a good point in evaluating Dak that day. You're right. Fleming and Knight were at T that day. And I do remember a lot of blitzing from the Jets DC. That was much of the discussion during the game.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2020/passing_advanced.htm

Dig into the details. Advanced Passing stats.
10% bad throws - Lowest in the league for 2020 was 13%.
5 drops, 12.5% rate. Abysmal.
Zeke 28-105 rushing, 3.75 ypc. Sad.
So Dak was throwing it great, but our so called receivers were dropping the ball, and Zeke was well below 3ypc.

Sk 1 Bltz 17 Hrry 2 Hits 7 Prss 10 Prss% 23.8
Looks like a lot of hits. Prss% was between 13 and 14 for 2020. Middle of the pack. Knight and Fleming were holding up ok, but Dak did take a lot of hits. Absolute worst average hits/game for 2020 was 5/game. Middle of the pack was 3/game.
Despite taking over twice the average hits per game in the NFL, Dak only took 1 sack, 0 fumbles, 0 turnovers, 70% completions, 270 yards, and that's with 5 drops.

Also, if you look at the Expected Points Summary, the most effective segment of all phases of the game was the Cowboy's Passing Offense, adding 15.37 Exected Points, and again, that's with the receivers in this passing game dropping 5 balls. Expected Points for our Run Offense was -2.24.

Dak was the entire offense this game, surrounded by mediocrity. By the numbers, in depth, Dak had a *great* game getting hit all day with both starting Ts out, WR1 and WR3 out, WR2 questionable for the game, and our run game mediocre.

basel90

Reaction score
You forgetting we were also missing Collins and smith? Both tackles? You are some kinda troll when you don’t mention that but you absolve Mahomes not scoring in the superbowl as poor coaching snd injuries to his OL
When Dak wins or reaches a super bowl he can be absolved of a bad super bowl performance . You are also trolling if you now put that loss squarely on mahomes . You cannot have it both ways .

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
It wasn't that long ago in 2018 when Dak got sacked 56 times to Russell Wilson's 51....for the record just because you get sacked isn't always entirely on the offensive lines fault.
half of those sacks were from chaz green though

phildadon86

Reaction score
When Dak wins or reaches a super bowl he can be absolved of a bad super bowl performance . You are also trolling if you now put that loss squarely on mahomes . You cannot have it both ways .
How am i Trolling? You are putting the Jets loss solely on Dak who was missing both tackles and 2 of his starting WRs lol.