Twitter: Slater: I’m told he’s been at the facility nearly everyday rehabbing

phildadon86

Reaction score
You cannot compare mahomes to Dak . Mahomes has a ring and two SB appearances , plus many other attributes. stephen Jones once mentioned the fact Dak wants 35 plus million without any SB appearances was the main reason the cowboys don’t feel comfortable paying him more . No one can point to any Dak achievement of note .
Im simply saying that you said ELITE QBS have no excuse not to score against good defenses and I showed you an ELITE QB who managed the impossible according to you.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Just read from a news publication in Dallas (we are not allowed to mention) who is reporting talks are more positive than they have been on getting a contract done.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
See, yeah, that would be all well and good, but then you tried to throw in what the cap was that year and ruined that entire argument you thought you had.

Maybe not assume that others are confused, when you don't have a grasp on your own statements?
It was very elementary. The cap was 155 million....Romo, Sanchez, Moore and Dak were all under contract. Why are you so confused by this statement? Just admit you *** up and keep it moving its not worth it.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
It was very elementary. The cap was 155 million....Romo, Sanchez, Moore and Dak were all under contract. Why are you so confused by this statement? Just admit you *** up and keep it moving its not worth it.
Your inclusion of the cap number was to pretend like the QB money situation back then was as bad or worse than it would be with a 35-40 million dollar deal for Dak today. You failed. Just stop.

basel90

Reaction score
More than sometimes. Disagree he was way better reading defenses.

Romo was not elite . but a better pocket passer. The issue with dak is that his running is not special like a lamar or kyler murray . so if his first read is not there he is not able to improvise . Romo was a much better pocket passer and scrambler. But he sure made many mistakes and was definitely overpaid by jerry. This is why jerry is not keen on paying big again .

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Your inclusion of the cap number was to pretend like the QB money situation back then was as bad or worse than it would be with a 35-40 million dollar deal for Dak today. You failed. Just stop.
No I did not. That's what YOUR comprehension lead you to. I've even helped you understand it further and you refuse to understand it. The salary cap was 155 million. You can't even compare Dak's long term deal to what Romo signed because Dak hasn't even SIGNED a long term deal yet lol.

basel90

Reaction score
He struggles to the tune of leading the NFL in passing the last 2 years while he was playing. Yeah, struggles mightily.
the stats you are mentioning are the result of the franchise heavily building that OL WR RB combo to produce these numbers. This is why the defense struggles. The money is on that offensive side. Dak benefited from this. heck, jerry had to spend a first rounder to get him another WR in cooper after the 2018 Tennesse fiasco game at home where dak was exposed and was booed at home by the fans. Then jerry pays big to keep zeke. then picks Lamb first. All to make dak succeed. So in a way , jerry created the Dak body of work , and now dak wants him to overpay again .

basel90

Reaction score
Im simply saying that you said ELITE QBS have no excuse not to score against good defenses and I showed you an ELITE QB who managed the impossible according to you.
Yes Mahomes had no answer to the tampa bay defense . But mahomes has a ring and is allowed some down games. Once you win a super bowl and get back to it again in such a young age, you get a pass on some games. I also think Andy reid was outcoached at that SB.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
No I did not. That's what YOUR comprehension lead you to. I've even helped you understand it further and you refuse to understand it. The salary cap was 155 million. You can't even compare Dak's long term deal to what Romo signed because Dak hasn't even SIGNED a long term deal yet lol.
:facepalm:

Yes, the salary cap was 155 million. Which isn't relevant except for you trying to imply something stupid. There was no reason to add that to the comment if you were just trying to do what you claimed. None. But you did add it, for exactly why I stated.

plymkr

Reaction score
Tad is a grown man and can talk for himself but has 0 to do with any of this. Do you have relatives that speak for you? Dak is doing what players should do, keep you mouth shut and let the person you hired handle the contract. So often players get upset and start the crap of pay me or trade me and make other comments only to take them back once a deal is done.
It was a joke. I really don't think Dak is telling Tad to complain for him.

It's making light of a situation, some people call it sarcasm, some call it joking. It's when someone says something for the goal of making others laugh. Humor is often the word that is applied to these very rare social interactions when someone is not trying to argue about every single word.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
:facepalm:

Yes, the salary cap was 155 million. Which isn't relevant except for you trying to imply something stupid. There was no reason to add that to the comment if you were just trying to do what you claimed. None. But you did add it, for exactly why I stated.

How are you arguing with me on what my intentions was? Not only hat but you're the only one doing it...go take a nap please this isn't even worth arguing over. This is your anti-Dak agenda rearing its ugly head its not even worth getting your energy up over.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
It was a joke. I really don't think Dak is telling Tad to complain for him.

It's making light of a situation, some people call it sarcasm, some call it joking. It's when someone says something for the goal of making others laugh. Humor is often the word that is applied to these very rare social interactions when someone is not trying to argue about every single word.

When you have as many posters who are not joking it is kind of hard to know when someone is.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Romo was not elite . but a better pocket passer. The issue with dak is that his running is not special like a lamar or kyler murray . so if his first read is not there he is not able to improvise . Romo was a much better pocket passer and scrambler. But he sure made many mistakes and was definitely overpaid by jerry. This is why jerry is not keen on paying big again .

Dak can't improvise? lol. You are delusional.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
How are you arguing with me on what my intentions was? Not only hat but you're the only one doing it...go take a nap please this isn't even worth arguing over. This is your anti-Dak agenda rearing its ugly head its not even worth getting your energy up over.
Because you're BS is shining through and I hate BS. It's insulting quite frankly.

*Derp* "My comment about the cap in a post on QBs being paid wasn't really to make a point about the cap and QBs being paid" *Derp*

basel90

Reaction score
Dak can't improvise? lol. You are delusional.
Having an all star receiving and rb available to him for pitch and catch is not improvising. He cannot even get enough wins with all these toys jerrry assembled for him . Many QBs in this league would have gotten much more from this offensive system. Heck dalton had a similar stat and percentage to dak last year. playing behind a worst OL after the injuries

Completion %. TD. Intl
Dak 66% 9-4
Dalton 62% 14-8

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Because you're BS is shining through and I hate BS. It's insulting quite frankly.

*Derp* "My comment about the cap in a post on QBs being paid wasn't really to make a point about the cap and QBs being paid" *Derp*

At this point you're embarrassing yourself Kevin. Just let it go. For your sake. :muttley:

Rayman70

Reaction score
giphy.gif
yeah Jane, Give that man a merit badge I guess.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
At this point you're embarrassing yourself Kevin. Just let it go. For your sake. :muttley:
It's funny you think you're not the one who looks foolish.

Just man up and own your garbage.

Yes, in 2016, the Cowboys had more than Dak's rookie salary to deal with at QB. And yes, the cap was 155 million. If your point was just the former, that's fine. But, you had to go and add the latter. There was no reason for it. It doesn't support the other point. It would only serve to support an overall point of the Cowboys spending a lot on QB with a lower cap. Except it doesn't support that point at all.

Proportionally, 2016 is a MUCH greater better position to be in than 35-40 million would be today. It's much better than 31 million was last year.