Video: Slater: Sticking point with Dak still length of contract

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
so....offer him this....
if he'd accept a 6yr deal......Dallas will drop nike and sign with adidas...(Dak's shoe)...with him getting a national promotion ad campaign.
Get him a Vitamin Guru and set up DP4 at the Star and promote the crap out of it on the sly.

Probably outsell TB12 in two years.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Get him a Vitamin Guru and set up DP4 at the Star and promote the crap out of it on the sly.

Probably outsell TB12 in two years.
didnt Jerry do something like that with pepsi and made it a pitch to get Deion from the 9ers?
i remember Deion saying the Cowboys were "very creative" with their offer.
Deion signs and next thing you know..
is in the pepsi commercials.
do that with Dak....switch to adidas or negotiate a deal w/ford....or dr pepper.
GET CREATIVE JERRY!!!!

blindzebra

Reaction score
This is what happens when you low ball a player after giving into Zeke. Stop blaming Dak for the mess that Jerry and Stephen have made.

blindzebra

Reaction score
didnt Jerry do something like that with pepsi and made it a pitch to get Deion from the 9ers?
i remember Deion saying the Cowboys were "very creative" with their offer.
Deion signs and next thing you know..
is in the pepsi commercials.
do that with Dak....switch to adidas or negotiate a deal w/ford....or dr pepper.
GET CREATIVE JERRY!!!!
Pretty sure that is circumventing the cap and will get you in big trouble.

blindzebra

Reaction score
I can easily fix this length of contract thing. Make it 1 or 0 years and go about securing another QB.
Yeah because Jerry has shown a knack for drafting franchise QBs. Payton got us Romo, Jerry wanted Henson. Jerry tried trading up for Lynch (Retired) and Cook (XFL back up) before settling on Dak.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Oh, so we're about empty stats again, not deep playoff runs or Superbowls, just a bunch of four quarter stat padding.
Love the word stat padder.

Dak gets ripped for "being a game manager, no stats" then when he gets the stats he's now "a stat padder"

What's next ? Dak wins the superbowl and gets demoted back to game manager ?

glimmerman

Reaction score
You know what.

2 years and 80 million.

50 million guaranteed.

You wanna bet on yourself and get a big contract after the CBA and mahomes 40+ deal. Then bet on yourself and get us to a SB. If you don’t then we move on and so do you. I am sick of all this. Why haven’t the FO just offered this and been done. Because he wouldn’t sign it. He would rather play games and get tagged twice and then get a contract.

Corso

Reaction score
You know what.

2 years and 80 million.

50 million guaranteed.

You wanna bet on yourself and get a big contract after the CBA and mahomes 40+ deal. Then bet on yourself and get us to a SB. If you don’t then we move on and so do you. I am sick of all this. Why haven’t the FO just offered this and been done. Because he wouldn’t sign it. He would rather play games and get tagged twice and then get a contract.
I really like this. They'd probably choke on their coffee, but this is a good idea!

Corso

Reaction score
Yeah. Contract may get done but the Coronavirus should kill us all in a few weeks if you listen to the media.
No reason to bring that garbage into this arena.
No reason at all.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Tag him, trade him..next

he’s to much drama for a average QB
Dak has probably been less drama than anyone but a 70’s OL that refuses to talk.....0 drama for 4 years. I’m still hearing 0 drama from him. His agent is negotiating hard for his client and himself. Think the agent never tried to get Dak to hold out for a restructure after year 1, 2, or 3? This agent is hungry. The Joneses are also squeezing their wallets. This is what people should be doing. Dallas could have extended him after year two for starter’s peanuts. They didn’t, and contrary to fan opinion, it wasn’t because they wanted more proof after being the most successful rookie QB in NFL history. They were enjoying the less than a million dollars ride.

Now it’s time to pay the toll.

starcity214

Reaction score
Guess that all falls on him. I forgot he’s the one covering jared cook in his rookie year. My bad

He wasn't..

But, he was the one that came out flat for the first quarter of that game going 3 and out multiple times and falling behind by 20 points.

Also, The only reason we were able to "come back" in that game was because Dak was facing GBs practice squad secondary. GB was hit hard by injuries that year..

Atlanta put GB out of their misery the next game..

The fact that a team that had a terrible defense (because of injuries) was able to beat a completely healthy team that had a bye week should be embarrassing enough, I Don't see why you would use that game to prop Dak up.
Even in that game, Dak had the ball in his hands late in the 4th with a chance to win but he goofed and had to kick a FG..

If Dak doesn't goof in our last possession of that game, The play you mentioned wouldn't even matter.

Corso

Reaction score
He wasn't..

But, he was the one that came out flat for the first quarter of that game going 3 and out multiple times and falling behind by 20 points.

Also, The only reason we were able to "come back" in that game was because Dak was facing GBs practice squad secondary. GB was hit hard by injuries that year..

Atlanta put GB out of their misery the next game..

The fact that a team that had a terrible defense (because of injuries) was able to beat a completely healthy team that had a bye week should be embarrassing enough, I Don't see why you would use that game to prop Dak up.
Even in that game, Dak had the ball in his hands late in the 4th with a chance to win but he goofed and had to kick a FG..

If Dak doesn't goof in our last possession of that game, The play you mentioned wouldn't even matter.
Romo in your Avi while you rail upon a QB's specific important incidents is irony that blows me away with the hypocrisy of it all.

Lol.

817Gill

Reaction score
To me this is a better issue to have than “is Dak asking for 40M?”. If the sticking point is the length, that means the amount is generally in the same ballpark. You wouldn’t argue length of contract without an amount being somewhat worked out at least. If the leaked deals are indicative of that amount then I feel better knowing Dak isn’t asking for the house

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

This has been told to many over and over again. Its so much the money as it is the length. Dak only wants 4 years.

Bottom line is that the Cowboys need to just give him the 4 year deal at the 33 or 35 million and be done with it. Its a safer play anyway. this gives them 4 years of Dak and they can move on if they want to. Develop a young guy during that time. If Dak is all world at the end of 4 years then you either franchise him for two years or pay him again.

At the end of the day the Cowboys are going to cave. If they franchise him and wait another year the price is just going to go up.

The trolls should all be happy with a 4 year deal over a 7 year one.