So, Any Tweeners Rated in the First Round?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1161868 said:
I just wouldn't be in a hurry to toss either Watkins or Carpenter under the bus at this point and I don't think the Cowboys will-- thusly I think you can scratch FS and OLB off of the draft list for the 1st round also.
I like Watkins, but I'd so much rather have Landry. I think carpenter will cause a shoe leather diet by season's end.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess I just don't understand the mad rush to want to dump our 1st round draft pick this year by drafting another LB next year in the 1st round.

You hear that flushing sound? That would be the sound of flushing Carpenter's career down the drain all because of the "grass is greener" syndrome.

Dat Dude

Benched
Reaction score
skinsngibbs4life;1161710 said:
Another LB that I love is Buster Davis. Now, he is WAY to small to go to you all(5-10 240), but this guy is a rock. He is one of my favorite players to watch. It seems like he is always in on plays. But like I said, way off your radar cause of size

I do too.. He is only bright spot at FSU besides Myron Rolle.. ( well in a couple of years anyway) Hed be a top pick if he was 6'3.. Hed probably weigh 270 if he as 6'3. He is a human torpedo...

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dat Dude;1161896 said:
Wrong .. He was drafted in moldof Vrabel... BP was hoping he would have that versatility to play anywhere like Mike does... His potential versatility is what he hoped for...

HUH?

Where did you get that from?

No one knew that Ellis would turn out like he did at OLB.

The team was set to let Carpenter compete with Als for that spot.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1161909 said:
I guess I just don't understand the mad rush to want to dump our 1st round draft pick this year by drafting another LB next year in the 1st round.

You hear that flushing sound? That would be the sound of flushing Carpenter's career down the drain all because of the "grass is greener" syndrome.
He seems better suited for ILB to me.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1161912 said:
HUH?

Where did you get that from?

No one knew that Ellis would turn out like he did at OLB.

The team was set to let Carpenter compete with Als for that spot.
Well, Bill's comment today that he likes his outside guys to be a little taller (than Carpenter) seems to indicate he wasn't exactly drafting him to fill the LOLB role.

Dat Dude

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;1161728 said:
Both really. I'd love to see us get a top flight WR. I don't see Glenn around much longer. TO is a toss up. Austin, Hurd, and Crayton all have the potential to be very solid #2/3 receivers. I want a first round potential pro-bowl receiver.

Crayton is like 28.. Too old to be hitting his solid #2 prime... Austin and Hurd who knows.... Give me Teddy Ginn, Dwayne Jarret or Calvin Johnson:pray2:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;1161918 said:
Well, Bill's comment today that he likes his outside guys to be a little taller (than Carpenter) seems to indicate he wasn't exactly drafting him to fill the LOLB role.

he wasn't moved to ILB until Ellis adapted to his role at OLB

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;1161918 said:

Just because he "likes" them like that doesn't mean they have to be taller.

I'd like to be dating Selma Hayek...

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1161924 said:
That's one person's opinion...
And most other scouts. Bill even hinted at this in a press conference earlier in the year.

summerisfunner;1161925 said:
he wasn't moved to ILB until Ellis adapted to his role at OLB
I get the feeling Bill knew Greg was going to make the move (and succeed) before the rest of us did.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;1161935 said:
I get the feeling Bill knew Greg was going to make the move (and succeed) before the rest of us did.

true, but that still doesn't explain why Carp was set to be competing at his spot

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1161934 said:
Just because he "likes" them like that doesn't mean they have to be taller.

I'd like to be dating Selma Hayek...
If you could draft Selma in round 1 next year, I'd bet you would (wife/girlfriend/other notwithstanding).

Dat Dude

Benched
Reaction score
CATCH17;1161767 said:
All I know is the best prospect i've ever seen at safety is at Miami and its not Merriweather.

Kenny Phillips when its said and done might be the best safety to ever play the game.

He was the Defensive player of the year in Highschool. Not his state but the nation.

Then he stepped on the field at Miami and beat out a very good safety and made All American as a Freshmen.

Hes only a true sophomore so watch out for this kid.

His coaches say he is the best safety prospect they've ever coached.

Hes like a mix of Ed Reed and Sean Taylor.

He is the real deal... Taller than Reed with same nose for ball. Doesnt hit like Taylor but then again I didnt see greg jones run him over....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NiwGp1TM5k

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt said:
And most other scouts. Bill even hinted at this in a press conference earlier in the year.
I'd like to see this "list". Virtually all the draft guides I looked at projected Carpenter to the outside and several thought he was the best "3-4 SSOLB" available.

I get the feeling Bill knew Greg was going to make the move (and succeed) before the rest of us did

That is a massive assumption.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
summerisfunner;1161944 said:
true, but that still doesn't explain why Carp was set to be competing at his spot
He never competed for LOLB spot in training camp. He practiced on the inside immediately.