Some Dallas fans are delusional about Dak

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I wouldn't call Rush a bum.... but the same team that Dak has owned his whole career, made Rush look like a junior college quarterback.

With that said.... if Rush was as good as you believe.... why haven't 31 other GMs, scouts, coaches came and snatched him off of the Cowboys and Giants practice squads? He spent plenty of time throughout his career more than available.

So are you saying you evaluate NFL quarterback talent than those who play and coach the game??
I’m saying the same thing I’ve always said.

Dak is without a doubt one of the most replaceable QB in the NFL today.

Cooper Rush proved that.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Oh so now it’s a team stat when it fits your narrative. Dak gets credit for the wins but when it’s a loss it’s everyone else but Dak.
You WIN as a team-you LOSE as a team. Even when Barkley dropped the potential winning TD last night for the Eagles. Yea. At that point it was on him. But others were screwing up earlier that cost them a chance to win. The defense got all the credit for the win last week. They should get most of the credit this week for the loss. You'll never read me in here beating my chest about Dak. Unless he really has a great game or really a bad game. Most quarterbacks are lucky to have an ok game week to week. Mahomes on down...And if your defense shows up. You'll usually win.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Oh so now it’s a team stat when it fits your narrative. Dak gets credit for the wins but when it’s a loss it’s everyone else but Dak.
You show anybody any thread or comment where I was saying Dak won a game all by himself. I'll say the offense pulled it out -unless if it's a last minute comeback as Cousin did last night. That was all Cousin there....

GINeric

Reaction score
I’m saying the same thing I’ve always said.

Dak is without a doubt one of the most replaceable QB in the NFL today.

Cooper Rush proved that.
You're sitting here saying Rush is capable of being top 10, All-Pro, and an MVP candidate??? Dak has already been those things.

But other current and former NFL players, coaches, GMs and scouts say the opposite of what you're saying.... so help me understand how you're qualified to oppose accomplished people in the NFL business?

Again, you're going on record saying Rush can be top 10, an All-Pro and a MVP candidate, correct? Because if Dak are already those things and you believe Rush can replace him, then you believe Rush is on that level, correct?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You're sitting here saying Rush is capable of being top 10, All-Pro, and an MVP candidate??? Dak has already been those things.

But other current and former NFL players, coaches, GMs and scouts say the opposite of what you're saying.... so help me understand how you're qualified to oppose accomplished people in the NFL business?

Again, you're going on record saying Rush can be top 10, an All-Pro and a MVP candidate, correct? Because if Dak are already those things and you believe Rush can replace him, then you believe Rush is on that level, correct?
I don’t need Dak or Rush to be MVP or All-Pro.

I need them to win games and I watched Dak get hurt, Rush come in, and proceed to go 5-1 with Dak’s roster. You know what Dak did with that same roster? He came back and threw enough INTs to lead the NFL by seasons end even though he missed 5 games.

I watched Rush prove that Dak is just another spoke in the wheel and not the wheel itself.

Dak got his money and I know you guys treat that as a win, but all he’ll ever be is the highest paid loser QB ever.

NotForLong

Reaction score
I'll keep it short..... No quarterback is putting up big numbers except New Orleans. Pretty much all games minus Dallas and one or two more. The teams' defenses are keeping the scores in the teens to low 20's. Thus giving their offense and quarterback a chance to win it in the end. Yet "some" Dallas fans expect Dak to go out and put up 35 or more points a game. Mahomes - Burrow or Allen isn't doing it. All I ask is for our defense to keep the score in the low 20's or no more then 25 to give Dak and our offense a chance. They do that we'll be ok and win most of our games. They don't? Dak won't matter nor any other quarterback in the NFL....FACT!!!!! Just ask Atlanta how they won.....
Problem with this is that the offense gets the ball back each time the other team scores

Not saying to win the game but are least keep it within 10 or 15 points. Try to go blow for blow

DandyDon52

Reaction score
well if u have zero standard and scoring any pts is too hard for dak then why pay him $60,000,000 a year

u can get a qb for vet min or a rookie deal to put up garbage number if that is the standard or expectation
this was my argument before he was signed.
For what he brings to the team, they might as well go with a cheaper qb , and put more $ into the defense.
But jerry signed dak and cd for one reason only, marketing the team. Making money not touchdowns.

Jerry is addicted to selling marketing, and piling up his stack of gold as high as possible.
He cant stop.
The bad thing is he thinks he can do that and run a football team capable of going to a SB.

In todays fisher show, he comes down on jerry for this, I think the NO game made him mad as he was saying a bunch of stuff
he wouldnt ordinarily say about jerry.

GINeric

Reaction score
I don’t need Dak or Rush to be MVP or All-Pro.

I need them to win games and I watched Dak get hurt, Rush come in, and proceed to go 5-1 with Dak’s roster. You know what Dak did with that same roster? He came back and threw enough INTs to lead the NFL by seasons end even though he missed 5 games.

I watched Rush prove that Dak is just another spoke in the wheel and not the wheel itself.

Dak got his money and I know you guys treat that as a win, but all he’ll ever be is the highest paid loser QB ever.

I hear what you're saying, but it isn't lining up with reality. If Rush was capable of doing what you said he could do.... he would be starting somewhere by now. Rush has been in the NFL for 8 years.

Again... im trying to figure out why other qualified NFL personnel hasn't picked up on this thing you see in Rush. I hate to break it down to you, but Rush barely averaged over 100 yards passing in that 5 game run.

Here's my last question for you....

According to how you feel about Rush, I'm assuming Trent Dilpher was better than Marino and Kelly. Trent Dilpher, not only did what Kelly and Marino was able to do by going to a Superbowl.... but Trent Dilpher won a Superbowl and Marino and Kelly couldn't.

So Trent Dilpher was better than Marino and Kelly according to your quarterback standards, correct??

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I hear what you're saying, but it isn't lining up with reality. If Rush was capable of doing what you said he could do.... he would be starting somewhere by now. Rush has been in the NFL for 8 years.

Again... im trying to figure out why other qualified NFL personnel hasn't picked up on this thing you see in Rush. I hate to break it down to you, but Rush barely averaged over 100 yards passing in that 5 game run.

Here's my last question for you....

According to how you feel about Rush, I'm assuming Trent Dilpher was better than Marino and Kelly. Trent Dilpher, not only did what Kelly and Marino was able to do by going to a Superbowl.... but Trent Dilpher won a Superbowl and Marino and Kelly couldn't.

So Trent Dilpher was better than Marino and Kelly according to your quarterback standards, correct??
Jim Kelly in the Super Bowl - 2 TDs and 7 INTs

Dan Marion in the Super Bowl - 1 TD and 2 INTS

Trent Dilfer in the Super Bowl - 1 TD and 0 INTS

Geeeeee I wonder why those other guys didn't win the big one and Dilfer did?

GINeric

Reaction score

Geeeeee I wonder why those other guys didn't win the big one and Dilfer did?

So according to what you're saying, Dilpher was better than Marino and Kelly.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
So according to what you're saying, Dilpher was better than Marino and Kelly.
In the Super Bowl.

100%.

The stats that you love so much simply do not lie.

Staubacher

Reaction score
You WIN as a team-you LOSE as a team. Even when Barkley dropped the potential winning TD last night for the Eagles. Yea. At that point it was on him. But others were screwing up earlier that cost them a chance to win. The defense got all the credit for the win last week. They should get most of the credit this week for the loss. You'll never read me in here beating my chest about Dak. Unless he really has a great game or really a bad game. Most quarterbacks are lucky to have an ok game week to week. Mahomes on down...And if your defense shows up. You'll usually win.
Defense showed up twice vs 49ers in playoffs. Where was Dak?

And stop mentioning Mahomes or even Burrow when you make Dak comparisons. You look silly

GINeric

Reaction score
In the Super Bowl.

100%.

The stats that you love so much simply do not lie.

It's not that I love stats... stats are the fingerprint of what was done on the field.

If stats weren't important, why are they used for draft placement, contract negotiations, MVP voting and most of all, Hall of Fame inductions?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
It's not that I love stats... stats are the fingerprint of what was done on the field.

If stats weren't important, why are they used for draft placement, contract negotiations, MVP voting and most of all, Hall of Fame inductions?
If you didn't know anything about those 3 QBs, judging by their Super Bowl stats only, which one would you want QBing your team in the Super Bowl?

GINeric

Reaction score
If you didn't know anything about those 3 QBs, judging by their Super Bowl stats only, which one would you want QBing your team in the Super Bowl?

Well I'd look at the overall team. This is a team game. No quarterback in history of the NFL has ever won or loss a game by themselves. There are too many factors during the course of a game.

This isn't boxing, golf or tennis.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Well I'd look at the overall team. This is a team game. No quarterback in history of the NFL has ever won or loss a game by themselves. There are too many factors during the course of a game.

This isn't boxing, golf or tennis.
Then once again you stans are making the argument to not overpay Dak.
If there's so many factors and the quarterback isn't that relevant then get one for half as much as this choker bum