Some Dallas fans are delusional about Dak

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
When you can’t run the ball with any authority the other team KNOWS your only remaining option is to pass.

Dak never had a chance to win the Nawlins Game. He mighta kept the Cowboys more competitive but the Saints secondary was trapping a Cowboys receiver squad that was basically Credee and a bunch of JAGs.

For Prescott’s part however, he had several throws that were so lacking in velocity I was sure his arm musta been hit. It wasn’t.

GINeric

Reaction score
Yes ....... and they start threads defending him all the time.

What's different about that than blaming him for things that weren't his fault?

Dak certainly deserves his fair share of HIS blame, but he's the first quarterback In NFL history that I've ever seen blamed for defensive errors or NFL leading team penalties.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What's different about that than blaming him for things that weren't his fault?

Dak certainly deserves his fair share of HIS blame, but he's the first quarterback In NFL history that I've ever seen blamed for defensive errors or NFL leading team penalties.
I haven't seen any of that. All I have seen is him get blamed for throwing interceptions, fumbling, looking like a deer in the headlights and putting his defenses in bad positions.

That other stuff is what his defenders say to defend him. They claim his detractors say stuff that they don't say.

Last edited:

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Here's my issue with this whole Dak debate on this board.

The Dak fans want other Dallas fans to show Dak respect, to understand that he's a upper level QB in the league, that he's a winner, etc. And they lose their minds when they feel people are just hating on him or criticizing him too unfairly.

Yet, these same people don't then hold Dak to the same standards that elite QBs are held to. Here's an example. In that game, there was that play near the Saints endzone, where Dak bootlegs to the right, Elliott is wide open in the flat and Dak short hops him because a DE is about to clean his clock. The Dak fans clearly pointed out that you can't blame Dak there because of the DE about to hit him.

Except, other elite/great QBs likely make that pass. So you can't have it both ways. You can't lament that people don't show Dak the respect that other great QBs in this league get and then turn around and make excuses for him when someone tries to hold him to or criticize him for not making a play that you should expect your great QB to make (and others likely would make more often than not).
The best pass of the game against CLE in Week One came in the second half when Deshaun Watson threw a perfectly arcing deep ball to his receiver running a fly route splitting double coverage as Watson was getting blasted by a rushing lineman.

The ball bounced harmlessly from the receiver’s hands to the turf. But it was a perfect snapshot of the kind of guts and determination it takes to be a starting QB in most of the NFL.

GINeric

Reaction score
Only missing a few like the guy who coached a peewee team once the cyber stalker who threatens to go beat people in their home because they think Dak sucks.

I think you got him mixed up with the guy who's a business owner who cheers for the Dallas Cowboys and understands that the Cowboys win and lose as a team.

This is a team sport and no one player can take credit for the wins just like the losses can't be blamed on one player.

I believe this same guy that you speak of doesn't start anything with anyone, but when people start something with him and talk reckless on a football board and hide behind a keyboard.... this same guy has very smart tech people at his disposal and the the resources to meet people face to face to remind them that, their keyboard isn't as safe to hide behind as they think.

This same guy doesn't have a personal problem with people who hate Dak for whatever reasons, because this same guy actually agree with some of their concerns....

this same guy only have a problem with people who talk tough behind keyboards. So when this guy pulls up on someone, it has nothing to do with Dak, football or anything sports related.... this guy just want to see if these said people are able to keep the same energy when someone is at their doorstep....

For some mysterious reason it's amazing how fast people change their attitude and "internet energy" when this guy is right there in person.

GINeric

Reaction score
I haven't seen any of that. All I have seen is him get blamed for throwing interceptions, fumbling, looking like a deer in the headlights and putting his defenses in bad positions.

That other stuff is what his defenders say to defend him. They claim his detractors say stuff that they don't say.
Some interceptions were his fault and some aren't. That goes for all quarterbacks.

But here's my questions for you....

1. How can a quarterback who is deer in headlights and puts his defense in bad positions, remain in the top 10 every year, and become All Pro and MVP candidate in the year he leads a one dimensional offense without a functioning running game?

2. What other quarterbacks who are a deer in headlights and place their defense in bad positions have been able to become All Pro and MVP candidates in a one dimensional offense without a functioning running game??? What are their names?

GINeric

Reaction score
Then once again you stans are making the argument to not overpay Dak.
If there's so many factors and the quarterback isn't that relevant then get one for half as much as this choker bum

First of all, I'm not sure what a "stan" is.... second of all I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan and support all of its players.

Third I wasn't happy about Dak's contract but I do understand that it's what the market dictates.

With that said, what other perennial top 10, All-Pro, MVP candidate quarterbacks in the league did you feel didn't deserve to get paid?

There are quarterbacks in the NFL with zero playoff wins and aren't in the top 10 that got max contracts.... so if the market got them paid, why can't Dak get paid?

Again, I don't agree on his dollar amount, but he has a better resume than some that are paid just under what he got.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Some interceptions were his fault and some aren't. That goes for all quarterbacks.

But here's my questions for you....

1. How can a quarterback who is deer in headlights and puts his defense in bad positions, remain in the top 10 every year, and become All Pro and MVP candidate in the year he leads a one dimensional offense without a functioning running game?

2. What other quarterbacks who are a deer in headlights and place their defense in bad positions have been able to become All Pro and MVP candidates in a one dimensional offense without a functioning running game??? What are their names?
So you ar saying he does not get like that in the playoffs or when we face the 49'rs? Seriously?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
A career back up bum QB that took Dak’s roster to a 5-1 record and smashed the “if Dak can’t do it nobody can” narrative forever.

The new narrative is “If Dak can do it Cooper Rush can too”.
The best thing about these Dak threads is you find out who knows some football (the OP) and who has absolutely no clue whatsoever ^^^

GINeric

Reaction score
So you ar saying he does not get like that in the playoffs or when we face the 49'rs? Seriously?
When did I say that?

To answer your question, yes he played bad in the playoffs. Ok, let's also mention the other components in this thing we call a team game.

How did our other star players play in those same playoff games? How prepared did our coaches have our team? Did our team look ready to play?

It's hilarious that when the playoffs are brought up, there's only one name mentioned as if this were boxing.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's hilarious that when the playoffs are brought up, there's only one name mentioned as if this were boxing.
Because the other players do not just stand there mouth agape...... Even when they do not play well ...... They are playing ......
He freezes up ...... He was not like this his first few years ....... The Niners broke something in him.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think you got him mixed up with the guy who's a business owner who cheers for the Dallas Cowboys and understands that the Cowboys win and lose as a team.

This is a team sport and no one player can take credit for the wins just like the losses can't be blamed on one player.

I believe this same guy that you speak of doesn't start anything with anyone, but when people start something with him and talk reckless on a football board and hide behind a keyboard.... this same guy has very smart tech people at his disposal and the the resources to meet people face to face to remind them that, their keyboard isn't as safe to hide behind as they think.

This same guy doesn't have a personal problem with people who hate Dak for whatever reasons, because this same guy actually agree with some of their concerns....

this same guy only have a problem with people who talk tough behind keyboards. So when this guy pulls up on someone, it has nothing to do with Dak, football or anything sports related.... this guy just want to see if these said people are able to keep the same energy when someone is at their doorstep....

For some mysterious reason it's amazing how fast people change their attitude and "internet energy" when this guy is right there in person.
Where is the video you said you had when a poster talked bad about Dak and you went to his house after your friend in the basement with his computer found out where he lived. You said it was a well know poster that we all know and after you went to his house, you made him cry because you are so tuff and stuff, and your other friend made a video of it. You were going to post if for all to see, so cough it up, show us that "internet energy".

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I mean I read it here that when Rush was winning all Dallas needed to do when Dak comes back is run the same offense and play-calling.

Now it’s a completely different excuse.

“We need speed at WR and Lamb doesn’t get open by speed.”

I thought that’s what Cooks brings? Stretching the field.. and Amari apparently didn’t have speed now?

So Trey Lance doesn’t get afforded that excuse?
you are awfully chattery after a loss, but only to disappear after a win...how typical...