Some of y'all will never get it

ArtClink

Reaction score
During the 60's...even remember? The term you imply is straight ahead, NOT right on.

Pouting doesn't change the real functions...and actually is insulting in nature. That's really top shelf pride alright.

Oh, you bet...
Your words, not mine.

kskboys

Reaction score
Jones could attempt to make a first-round quarterback selection happen without 'tearing it down and tanking'. It would require commitment, draft capital and innovative thinking but it is possible. That is, it is possible for someone who wants to make it happen.
But really only possible if you have a GM who is adept at evaluating prospects.

kskboys

Reaction score
I'm not saying it's going to happen, I'm saying if it did they would have a better chance than what they have now. Even if they had to trade 3#1 picks. This team could of beat SF had Dak had only a half an apple stuck in his throat instead of a whole apple. Yes you are correct! Jerry will never trade up to get a top QB.
It generally takes more than that to get to the top of the draft, especially if there is a top QB prospect there. And we're picking 24th.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But really only possible if you have a GM who is adept at evaluating prospects.
It is interesting you put it that way. I do not have any confidence in Jones' football evaluation also.

However, I do think he has assembled the scouting staff and managers to do so. The final selection process is where I believe substandard decision-making occurs. If true, I would assume it was due to either detrimental input from Jones to fit his acquisition 'ideals' or just flat-out killing the best choices presented to him.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People that are unfamiliar with that condition think it’s a choice.
You are right. It is apparent when the word 'ego' is constantly thrown around casually in conversation--as if everyone's ego is the same.

kskboys

Reaction score
It is interesting you put it that way. I do not have any confidence in Jones' football evaluation also.

However, I do think he has assembled the scouting staff and managers to do so. The final selection process is where I believe substandard decision-making occurs. If true, I would assume it was due to either detrimental input from Jones to fit his acquisition 'ideals' or just flat-out killing the best choices presented to him.
My best guess is that he takes the info he gets and then picks whomever he wants anyway. Or asks about a particular player instead of finding out who is a good prospect available at the spot.

I just don't see any way any scout worth his salt would say to take Schooner over Ocyrus. There simply has to be a disconnect.

And why do we take so many players w/ poor lateral agility? I mean, that's the big make or break for NFL players. Very very few players can be good w/o it. Atnd yet, we take SS after SS after SS in the mid to late rounds who can't turn. If you can't turn you can't cover. It's just not complicated, so why do we ignore it?

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
its you who doesnt get it. He owns the dang team. Root for another team if you are impatient for the owner to die. Come back when he is gone

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
A guy with a full PR team shows public empathy so that disqualifies him? Gotcha.
You think he is reading off of cue cards?

He admitted to a mistake with the Carr contract, drafting Elliott top 5, and holding on to Garrett. He changed his ways through action.

Narcissists do not do that. They do not "hold onto people too long."

I get that you want to believe this but there is good reason to believe it wrong.