Some of y'all will never get it

birdwells1

Reaction score
I think that Jerry would sell both of his kidneys for one more championship. I'm not entirely certain that Stephen cares at all.
He would for a championship that he'll get credit for but he's not interested in winning a championship that a head coach or a GM (that's not him) will get credit for.

birdwells1

Reaction score
An owner with final say is not new.

A owner's child in an executive position is not new.

An executive in charge of the scouts, in constant communication with the coaching staff, and under an owner who is final say is nothing new.

McClay is not called general manager and the owner is but that is really window dressing. Lurie, the Maras, Snyder before he got canned, and many other clubs have the same arrangement presented above but without the window dressing.

I also see very few discussions of how they lead to this insurmountable obstacle. The 500 lbs Gorrilla in the room is that Jerry has won multiple Super Bowls. The already specious reasoning becomes blatantly absurd.

Jerry has his problems but he contributes as well. He is not going anywhere so I see no point to whining about it much less to start doomcasting because of it.
Just because Jerry is not going anywhere doesn't mean he's not the problem. Your car has 4 flat tires but you're going to get the engine checked because it wont get up to speed? No, the flat tires are your issue whether you like it or not.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Only one NFL team that I can think of has fired "more than 2 SB winning coaches".

That would be your Dallas Cowboys. Landry, Johnson, Switzer. Although you could argue that both Johnson and Switzer technically resigned, but since both were still under contract, they would have had to retire or be fired.
You forgot Parcells.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'm doing my best to be the best fan that I can be, but I'm just so frustrated right now. Time and time again, I stick with this team, and for what? I'll always be loyal, but I have absolutely no reason to be that way other than the fact that I'm a loyal horse.

kskboys

Reaction score
I'm doing my best to be the best fan that I can be, but I'm just so frustrated right now. Time and time again, I stick with this team, and for what? I'll always be loyal, but I have absolutely no reason to be that way other than the fact that I'm a loyal horse.
Because I'm your friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Because I'm your friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are my friend, and that helps. Honestly, this forum helps me a lot with that (as did the older one). If I didn't have these forums, my fanhood may have dried up years ago. But, this has helped me to stay loyal.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Just because Jerry is not going anywhere doesn't mean he's not the problem. Your car has 4 flat tires but you're going to get the engine checked because it wont get up to speed? No, the flat tires are your issue whether you like it or not.
As if there is only one problem and all that Jerry does is negative.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The lengths some go to tie themselves in knots, for the sake of maintaining hope, is both baffling and amazing at the same time.

There's a degree of Stockholm Syndrome with part of this fan base. They defend their captors, despite them being the only constant during their decades of frustration.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
or you have one bald tire, dak, and you keep running that one tire because it gets you where you are going. Then the next thing you know, your car is totalled and you are sitting at home crying.

slow learners in here, I'm not talking about you bird. Hell if these idiots on here could not see that Jerry doesn't give two sheats about you then oh well. He trained a QB coach for ten years and wasted everyones time and the players, but they were fools everywhere thinking that was fine. lmao. we almost made it to the Super Bowl with Garrett, now dak.

I can't wait until they start looking at players they would draft, while jerry picks some homeless guy with half a leg. He'll show the world he's the best football guy in the world.

who are we trading for? lmao

we are on a Super Bowl run next year, jerry promises you. Well, maybe the year after,

Last edited:

Ben7

Reaction score
Hire this coach! Sign this free agent! Draft this guy! It's not about a guy here or there with this team, it starts at the top. It's a dysfunctional organization.

Jerry and Stephen Jones are unique. No other NFL team has the owner as GM and his son as Director of Player Personnel. This has been the arrangement in Dallas for 28 years. They have won four wild card games. That's it. That's all they have to show for it. They've fired more head coaches than playoff wins in that time.

Take a good hard look. These are the masterminds you're counting on after 28 years of trying. If you weren't a Cowboys fan, you'd laugh at them. They're a joke.

They aren't going to suddenly figure it out, they aren't going to quit while the money still rolls in, so accept 12-5. It's as good as it is going to get. Enjoy.

usa_today_16649051.0.jpg
Excellent post! :muttley: :muttley::laugh::laugh:

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
So it's always on management? Never the players?
No I blame the players too. I'm been very critical of Romo over the years. I'm done with Dak now. But Jerry creates this environment. It doesn't matter what players we get here. They will be corrupted by it. Luckily some can escape like D-Ware and get a SB ring elsewhere.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
No I blame the players too. I'm been very critical of Romo over the years. I'm done with Dak now. But Jerry creates this environment. It doesn't matter what players we get here. They will be corrupted by it. Luckily some can escape like D-Ware and get a SB ring elsewhere.
What environment exactly has Jerry created and how is that detrimental to the players winning?

CowboysRule

Reaction score
We are a circus. You can not win when your owner and GM continues to undermine your coaches. It would be nice to have an owner like Clark Hunt who you only see when he's accepting trophies.
How does he undermine the coaches?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
:laugh: Now, he is the boogie man.

Still waiting for the explanation how he is "undermining everything."

Results oriented is fine but that does not make it the end all be all. At a certain point you need to be able to point to specific actions, policies, etc and if you are being fair it becomes quite obvious it is not all bad.
He doesn’t have to undermine everything to undermine or meddle enough to cause some disruption and belittling whatever culture the HC has attempted to implement .

We saw it with Parcells when he insisted on signing TO when Bill clearly didn’t want him.

We saw it with Garrett when he took away his play calling duties .

And with MM having to let go of his DC.

Off the field we saw his meddling with Zekes situation which arguably cost additional suspension time .

And it doesn’t matter if it’s all bad or not . The fact players know the buck doesn’t stop with their HC creates the country club atmosphere Jimmy has referred to.