Some of y'all will never get it

fivetwos

Reaction score
You think he is reading off of cue cards?

He admitted to a mistake with the Carr contract, drafting Elliott top 5, and holding on to Garrett. He changed his ways through action.

Narcissists do not do that. They do not "hold onto people too long."

I get that you want to believe this but there is good reason to believe it wrong.
It doesn’t matter, and I don’t even like arguing with you over this maniac to be honest. I remember reading great stuff from you forever ago and ever since.

But “my way is best and 30 years of futility will not make me change” is a symptom that beats out whatever you’re speaking of.

Empathy for who? Underprivileged that he donates to? His wife when she hears about illegitimate kids? This list can get longer.

Jerry cares about Jerry, and doesn’t believe there’s anyone on earth who knows more than he does. Period.

He is worried about how much worse the Cowboys will be when he dies. Promise.

He can prove me wrong in a few days by committing to real change. What are the chances that happens?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It doesn’t matter, and I don’t even like arguing with you over this maniac to be honest. I remember reading great stuff from you forever ago and ever since.

But “my way is best and 30 years of futility will not make me change” is a symptom that beats out whatever you’re speaking of.

Empathy for who? Underprivileged that he donates to? His wife when she hears about illegitimate kids? This list can get longer.

Jerry cares about Jerry, and doesn’t believe there’s anyone on earth who knows more than he does. Period.

He is worried about how much worse the Cowboys will be when he dies. Promise.

He can prove me wrong in a few days by committing to real change. What are the chances that happens?
Actually I think he does know there are others who knows more than him . But he doesn’t care enough to get out of the way.

He only wants to win his way.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
An owner with final say is not new.

A owner's child in an executive position is not new.

An executive in charge of the scouts, in constant communication with the coaching staff, and under an owner who is final say is nothing new.

McClay is not called general manager and the owner is but that is really window dressing. Lurie, the Maras, Snyder before he got canned, and many other clubs have the same arrangement presented above but without the window dressing.

I also see very few discussions of how they lead to this insurmountable obstacle. The 500 lbs Gorrilla in the room is that Jerry has won multiple Super Bowls. The already specious reasoning becomes blatantly absurd.

Jerry has his problems but he contributes as well. He is not going anywhere so I see no point to whining about it much less to start doomcasting because of it.
Of course i will dog the Jone's to the end. Jimmy built a winning franchise and the Jones crew have wrecked everything they have tried since Jimmy's team dissipated in the mid 90s.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Actually I think he does know there are others who knows more than him . But he doesn’t care enough to get out of the way.

He only wants to win his way.
Well the entire thing is about proving he is a ‘football guy,’ which only serves as evidence that he did nothing to build the 90s teams or he wouldn’t feel such a need to prove it.

I also don’t believe the guy is a dummy by any stretch. He knows he can get away with this, and honestly and truly believes no one could do better. His reasoning is that a hired GM “would have to consult him anyway.”

No Jerry it’s about “credit.” Been listening to that word for 30 years and just because the Cleveland Browns are worse it doesn’t help me.

Insane. I hate the guy with a passion.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Of course i will dog the Jone's to the end. Jimmy built a winning franchise and the Jones crew have wrecked everything they have tried since Jimmy's team dissipated in the mid 90s.
It's a free country. Just do not tell me that the Joneses have some unique executive structure that prevents them from winning.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's a free country. Just do not tell me that the Joneses have some unique executive structure that prevents them from winning.
They do, a GM who has failed for 28 years and hasn't been replaced. No other team has the top executive with 28 years of failure, they were all replaced.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
They do, a GM who has failed for 28 years and hasn't been replaced. No other team has the top executive with 28 years of failure, they were all replaced.
That is not a structure and I have already discussed how that deduction not valid.

And the Mara's used to keep the GM around for decades.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That is not a structure and I have already discussed how that deduction not valid.

And the Mara's used to keep the GM around for decades.
Name 1 GM that was around 28 years with no championship.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
:hammer::hammer::hammer:Hire this coach! Sign this free agent! Draft this guy! It's not about a guy here or there with this team, it starts at the top. It's a dysfunctional organization.

Jerry and Stephen Jones are unique. No other NFL team has the owner as GM and his son as Director of Player Personnel. This has been the arrangement in Dallas for 28 years. They have won four wild card games. That's it. That's all they have to show for it. They've fired more head coaches than playoff wins in that time.

Take a good hard look. These are the masterminds you're counting on after 28 years of trying. If you weren't a Cowboys fan, you'd laugh at them. They're a joke.

They aren't going to suddenly figure it out, they aren't going to quit while the money still rolls in, so accept 12-5. It's as good as it is going to get. Enjoy.

usa_today_16649051.0.jpg

Skillit

Reaction score

An executive in charge of the scouts, in constant communication with the coaching staff, and under an owner who is final say is nothing new.

McClay is not called general manager and the owner is but that is really window dressing. Lurie, the Maras, Snyder before he got canned, and many other clubs have the same arrangement presented above but without the window dressing.

I also see very few discussions of how they lead to this insurmountable obstacle. The 500 lbs Gorrilla in the room is that Jerry has won multiple Super Bowls. The already specious reasoning becomes blatantly absurd.

Jerry has his problems but he contributes as well. He is not going anywhere so I see no point to whining about it much less to start doomcasting because of it.
Those rings were when an owner could spend his way into the playoffs.

That’s my only add. You’re correct- whining is pointless.

Chasing6

Reaction score

Loading is not new either.

Loso86

Reaction score
Hire this coach! Sign this free agent! Draft this guy! It's not about a guy here or there with this team, it starts at the top. It's a dysfunctional organization.

Jerry and Stephen Jones are unique. No other NFL team has the owner as GM and his son as Director of Player Personnel. This has been the arrangement in Dallas for 28 years. They have won four wild card games. That's it. That's all they have to show for it. They've fired more head coaches than playoff wins in that time.

Take a good hard look. These are the masterminds you're counting on after 28 years of trying. If you weren't a Cowboys fan, you'd laugh at them. They're a joke.

They aren't going to suddenly figure it out, they aren't going to quit while the money still rolls in, so accept 12-5. It's as good as it is going to get. Enjoy.

usa_today_16649051.0.jpg
So accurate yet we always forget JJ is still the reason they w9n 3 SB. Give all the credit to Jimmy if you want but without JJ there is no Jimmy and there is no dynasty

kskboys

Reaction score
You think he is reading off of cue cards?

He admitted to a mistake with the Carr contract, drafting Elliott top 5, and holding on to Garrett. He changed his ways through action.

Narcissists do not do that. They do not "hold onto people too long."

I get that you want to believe this but there is good reason to believe it wrong.
Yes they do. It's the opposite, a narcissist would hold on too long due to his own covetting nature.

kskboys

Reaction score
Whether we tell you that or not, they do. They structure is Jerry undermining everything. Can't get much more unique than that.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Word is that Jerry isn’t nearly as involved in anything as much as he pretends at 80.
Most think that Stephen now runs the day to day show and most employees answer to him. Jerry is still the owner, but he doesn’t have the energy or ability to be involved in as much as he once was.

What I hate is we are all talking about whom Jerry will hire for this or for that, including DC. That and OC and every other coaching position should be the head coach’s call. Until the end, Mike didn't have final say on Moore, and I’m sure he doesn’t have final say with Quinn or the defensive game plan. The head coach should have control over everything related to the game. Otherwise you don’t have all three phases plying along the philosophy he believes in.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Whether we tell you that or not, they do. They structure is Jerry undermining everything. Can't get much more unique than that.
:laugh: Now, he is the boogie man.

Still waiting for the explanation how he is "undermining everything."

Results oriented is fine but that does not make it the end all be all. At a certain point you need to be able to point to specific actions, policies, etc and if you are being fair it becomes quite obvious it is not all bad.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Word is that Jerry isn’t nearly as involved in anything as much as he pretends at 80.
Most think that Stephen now runs the day to day show and most employees answer to him. Jerry is still the owner, but he doesn’t have the energy or ability to be involved in as much as he once was.

What I hate is we are all talking about whom Jerry will hire for this or for that, including DC. That and OC and every other coaching position should be the head coach’s call. Until the end, Mike didn't have final say on Moore, and I’m sure he doesn’t have final say with Quinn or the defensive game plan. The head coach should have control over everything related to the game. Otherwise you don’t have all three phases plying along the philosophy he believes in.
Well that statement kind of contradicts itself. If Jerry is not involved, who is preventing McCarthy from making decisions as the Head Coach?

So Jr has assumed Jeruh's role?