Some of y'all will never get it

Chasing6

Reaction score
I have to disagree with you about Jerry.
Most of us, and Jerry as well, know that the prevailing feeling among NFL fans is that Jimmy got, and gets, the lion's share of credit for winning the 3 SBs. Jerry feels he didn't get enough credit for them, though he got some. For proof just watch the video of Jerry and Barry after the SB XXX win. They fought over holding that trophy like two dogs fighting over a bone. Jerry was elated, the Cowboys won a SB without Jimmy Johnson! Barry was also elated, just for different reasons.

But it wasn't over, or good enough, for Jerry, for several reasons. One, soon after SB XXX, people began to say it was Jimmy's players (and coaches) that won it. So, once again, Jerry had to share credit. Two, as we all know, Jerry loves the limelight. Once he won it, it only increased his thirst for more. That's just human nature. How many people become a millionaire and then just stop trying to make money? How many quarterbacks is content when a new contract time arrives, and they become only the second highest paid? Not many. America's Team is taken, what's next ? World's Team? The more the better for Jerry.

No, he desperately wants more SB rings. But it has to one that was constructed as near totally as possible by, with not one iota of credit going to anybody but, Jerry Jones. Jerry would do most anything to win another SB. But it has to be on his own terms.
I agree with a lot of that, however Jerry hired Jimmy and had to be willing to cut all the checks to get all of the free agent talent to push us over the top.

Jerry has a point in saying anyone could have coached that team. Once all that talent was assembled. The argument about the Cowboys in the 90's will go for ever.

Was it Jerry or Jimmy? Was Emmitt or the Oline? Was it Troy or Irvin? Not even factoring in our defense.

At the end it was all of them. That is why it is arguably that most talented team ever assembled.

Jerry should have understood going in to it, that fans love players, then coaches and owners come last.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Hire this coach! Sign this free agent! Draft this guy! It's not about a guy here or there with this team, it starts at the top. It's a dysfunctional organization.

Jerry and Stephen Jones are unique. No other NFL team has the owner as GM and his son as Director of Player Personnel. This has been the arrangement in Dallas for 28 years. They have won four wild card games. That's it. That's all they have to show for it. They've fired more head coaches than playoff wins in that time.

Take a good hard look. These are the masterminds you're counting on after 28 years of trying. If you weren't a Cowboys fan, you'd laugh at them. They're a joke.

They aren't going to suddenly figure it out, they aren't going to quit while the money still rolls in, so accept 12-5. It's as good as it is going to get. Enjoy.

usa_today_16649051.0.jpg
Yup. I threw in the towel. It took me 3 decades.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Hire this coach! Sign this free agent! Draft this guy! It's not about a guy here or there with this team, it starts at the top. It's a dysfunctional organization.

Jerry and Stephen Jones are unique. No other NFL team has the owner as GM and his son as Director of Player Personnel. This has been the arrangement in Dallas for 28 years. They have won four wild card games. That's it. That's all they have to show for it. They've fired more head coaches than playoff wins in that time.

Take a good hard look. These are the masterminds you're counting on after 28 years of trying. If you weren't a Cowboys fan, you'd laugh at them. They're a joke.

They aren't going to suddenly figure it out, they aren't going to quit while the money still rolls in, so accept 12-5. It's as good as it is going to get. Enjoy.
There's no reasonable case anyone can make against anything you said.

My favorite is people getting angry that the Cowboys won't go "all in", as if overpaying a few washed up veteran linebackers and running backs would change our fortunes.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Jerry won multiple Super Bowls? So, in that case, why were all 3 were within the first 7 years then none for the next 28? If he could win that many that quick then it would seem obvious he was excellent at doing it, so no more after that?

But more than that, as I've pointed out many times, after college Jerry spent 25 years in the oil business, Jimmy 25 years in college football. Don't care how smart Jerry might be, you have to have knowledge about something to be able to put your smarts to use. Jerry didn't have that knowledge. Those SB wins were Jimmy's doing for the most part, no doubt Jerry had some input, but Jimmy ran that team as far as the players and coaching were concerned.

Now I hearitly agree there's no point in whining about Jerry, we all know he's the problem for 28 years of 4 playoff wins. But by the same token, we also all know it's unlikely our Cowboys will win more SBs as long as Jerry runs the show.
The point is that there is empirical proof that Jerry can win Lombardis.

All that word salad is great but Jerry does not preclude Super Bowls. There are 3 that prove it.

BTW, all GM/owners need good coaches and not just Jerry.

75boyz

Reaction score
why do you even watch this crap if the players can't be held accountable. "well jerry signed the loser prescott, so don't complain about the loser. Jerry hired fat mike don't complain about him and pin head quinn".
That's all I've ever been trying to say Cap.
And trust me, I get it.
Jerry did the hiring of the HC.
Jerry did the drafting of the QB.

But I don't just give that HC and that QB a free pass to suck at playoff football "just because Jerry hired them".

At some point ya gotta hold the head coach and the QB accountable too. Regardless if Jerry hired them.

That's where a whole lotta well respected posters here got it twisted

And I ain't no Jerry fanboi.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
That's all I've ever been trying to say Cap.
And trust me, I get it.
Jerry did the hiring of the HC.
Jerry did the drafting of the QB.

But I don't just give that HC and that QB a free pass to suck at playoff football "just because Jerry hired them".

At some point ya gotta hold the head coach and the QB accountable too. Regardless if Jerry hired them.

That's where a whole lotta well respected posters here got it twisted

And I ain't no Jerry fanboi.
And we do the thing is its now multiples of both..then this last game (not even really) how do you explain EVERY player folding like a cheap tent?
we have a full team of players who shut down come new year? if it was one OK, 2 alright ...but 30 something..thats a organization problem..

75boyz

Reaction score
And we do the thing is its now multiples of both..then this last game (not even really) how do you explain EVERY player folding like a cheap tent?
we have a full team of players who shut down come new year? if it was one OK, 2 alright ...but 30 something..thats a organization problem..
Me personally,
I hold the head coach responsible for having the team prepared for those playoff games.

Each individual player performance is subject to criticism as well. Especially the starting QB.

It wasn't Jerry's job to coach or quarterback the team.
He hired the coach and drafted the QB though.

I just don't wrap these current 2 losers at HC and QB all up under that neat little umbrella of blame that is Jerry.
Didn't this coach win a Super Bowl?
OK then show me.
Anything.

Isn't this QB scheduled to be at an NFL league MVP finalist ceremony for this year?

Again.
Show me.

Sorry, that ain't Jerry.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Me personally,
I hold the head coach responsible for having the team prepared for those playoff games.

Each individual player performance is subject to criticism as well. Especially the starting QB.

I just don't wrap these current 2 losers at HC and QB all up under that neat little umbrella of blame that is Jerry.
OK then show me.
Anything.

Isn't this QB scheduled to be at an NFL league MVP finalist ceremony?

Again.
Show me.

Sorry, that ain't Jerry.
not by themselves no it wouldnt be but again its multiple SB winning HC's multiple ALL Pr QB's with HOF players and such..i get it and i agree to some extent but at what point do we have to say..who is the only part of it for the last 28 years?

75boyz

Reaction score
not by themselves no it wouldnt be but again its multiple SB winning HC's multiple ALL Pr QB's with HOF players and such..i get it and i agree to some extent but at what point do we have to say..who is the only part of it for the last 28 years?
Yep as I posted earlier I'm a 50% to GM, 25% to HC and 25% to QB type of blame pie assignment guy under these current 3 stooges.

Those Garrett years had Jerry's blame at about 85% because Garrett was never qualified to be a HC to begin with and UDFA Romo gets his share of about 15% of those losses.

Jerry did good with that Tuna selection. He temporarily absolved himself of the lions share of the blame with that hire.
No doubt. But only temporarily.
Tuna got us a lot of good players and I believe could have gotten us one trophy "maybe" if he had the chance to further develop a playoff level Romo.
But TO drama and other stuff ran its course and again Jerry's inability to adapt to strong coaches caused our demise.

This current HC guy is the biggest joke and most assuredly earns his full 25% of the blame for failure.
Straight up fraud based on his GB resume.
Dak surely represents that remaining 25% of team failure.

Jerry is a common denominator of the majority of team failure.

My opinion will remain that the head coach and QB share in it regardless if Jerry hired them.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Well we were several players away. It was obvious we couldn't run or defend the run. Maybe if you fix that you advance. Maybe MM wasn't good enough regardless, since our staff got out coached in almost every game against elite teams.

You can start there and the blame lies with the GM, as well as coaches for their vision of the roster.

It's hard not to look at our gaping holes and not see the player(s) away from contention.

Maybe if we addressed those things this FO would actually have some post season success.

See its too easy to see the flaws not to point them out. If we could accomplish those things and still fail then I could go all in on culture. Culture is a problem, but it can be overcome if we get "lucky" and find the right mix of people. Easier said than done.
So You mean to tell me That if Trevon and Damarion Back, Draft a LB-1 and Get a thumper in FA or trade, We are that far away from Paydirt ? I want to do more and I'M sure they will

But Cmon It's not as bad as some of you are making it out to be

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Me personally,

OK then show me.
Anything.

Isn't this QB scheduled to be at an NFL league MVP finalist ceremony for this year?

Again.
Show me.

Sorry, that ain't Jerry.
It’s way deeper than the coach and the QB as evidenced by the 25 years of futility before them together. The organization is fatally flawed by an owner who prefers credit for winning a SB than winning a SB or he would’ve fired himself.

He has said many times he probably would’ve been fired as a GM.

That is a fact and it is irrefutable.

Sorry - he has showed you and it is Jerry.

CWR

Reaction score
So You mean to tell me That if Trevon and Damarion Back, Draft a LB-1 and Get a thumper in FA or trade, We are that far away from Paydirt ? I want to do more and I'M sure they will

But Cmon It's not as bad as some of you are making it out to be
We need at least 2 starting LBS. LVE is probably gone. Overshon may be a stud, but he's still 20lbs under sized. Do you want to keep trotting out safeties for run defense, or have we learned our lesson? We need DT help, and are about to lose Armstrong, Galimore, and Fowler.

On offense we need a speedster at wide out. We NEED a rb, and we need a Center.

I'm not delusional, we need FA and the draft. If we keep the same trash strategy, don't be suprised when we get the same trash results.

kskboys

Reaction score
Of course Jerry is a problem. Everyone knows this.

But if absolutely nothing matters, and changing coaches and players won't make one bit of difference, why even follow the team at all?

And fwiw, I personally would bet that swapping Dak for Patrick Mahomes would make a difference.
Monster of a difference.

kskboys

Reaction score
I really think Jerry wants to win and I think he wants it so much he would change his ways to get it. For Jerry it is all about his legacy and getting the attention he craves. Stephen is not like that. His priorities are not the same. When Jerry is gone and Stephen is in control, things will only get worse.

But in general, you are correct. Jerry and Stephen are the problem in Dallas and that is not going to change. Still, Jerry said there will be accountability. And Bryan Broaddus said he is hearing things will be different this year. I am willing to see what happens next. Will father and son fight over free agency? Get the popcorn ready.
Really? Why? Jerry has shown zero evidence that he's willing to change his ways, what makes you say that?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Jerry and Stephen Jones are unique. No other NFL team has the owner as GM and his son as Director of Player Personnel. This has been the arrangement in Dallas for 28 years. They have won four wild card games. That's it. That's all they have to show for it.
What the Joneses have to show for owning and running the Cowboys is the most valuable sports franchise in the world.

What *we* have to show for being fans of their franchise is going on 3 decades of frustration.

Who are the dummies here?

quickccc

Reaction score

Enjoy.

usa_today_16649051.0.jpg
What about late Colts owner Bob Irsay ...ad his son Jim Irsay ?

GMO415

Reaction score
With a lame duck coach I expect the team to finally come unglued and tank the season. Sub .500

CCBoy

Reaction score
I do think that after 28 years that include multiple head coaches, personnel changes, etc., that this should be fairly easy to see. What is the constant in not making an NFC Championship Game all these years after the Jimmy teams dismantled? Jerry the GM.
McCarthy doesn't have the roster bought by Jerry when that was still possible to do for Jimmy. Things are a lot more restricted now, than the fan's support ability.