Something I heard on the Post Game Show

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Why are we even talking about the defense? They only gave up 3 points for nearly the entire game. Then 7 at the end, big whoop. The offense has got to put up 11 to win and can't, pfftt...

DallasInDC

Reaction score
No wonder him and Garrett get along. That is a staple of a Garrett offense as well.

I would much rather have coaches who are creative...find mismatches....keep opposing teams guessing and on their heels. When players have to think about what they are going to do before the ball is snapped, they will react a fraction of a sec slower than normal...sometimes that is the only advantage you need (granted players need to execute, but that is what the offseason and training camps are for). because of FA and the salary cap, talent levels are too close to rely on pure execution of a base game plan. That worked in the 90's because free agency had just started when we were winning SB's and we had stacked talent across the board.

neosapien23

Reaction score
Why would Maranelli make adjustments with these players? These players are dumb. If you think wilcox, mcclain and company look lost imagine trying to give these bricks in game adjustments.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I really hate Maranelli's defense. You give him the pass because he fielded some decent defenses with some terrible personnel and they overachieved but you give him talent and he's doing nothing with it. There are teams with less that have much more success. I really wish when it comes to the DC position we'd just give a young guy a shot. I remember when Todd Bowels I believe was up for the position. Find someone. Someone new and fresh.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
The defense held the Bucs to 3 points for almost the entire game. Patmon drops an easy INT that would have led to points.

When you lose 10-6, you have bigger issues on offense.

I think offensive playcalling is an artform and Linehan and Garrett are incredibly 'un-artistic.'

YR

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Why would Maranelli make adjustments with these players? These players are dumb. If you think wilcox, mcclain and company look lost imagine trying to give these bricks in game adjustments.

That's ridiculous and not an excuse at all. These same players have had coaches before Maranelli and I don't know any of them who were known to be "dumb" before they got here.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
His scheme would be fine if the offense could produce points like last season.

He's too reliant on Romo then. Which is the story of this whole team. Why can't this offense lean on the defense to help them out? Why is it always Romo go out there and give us 30 points and win this game for us? Why can't the special teams give us good field position? Why can't the defense get key stops or turnovers? Maranelli and the special teams coach are both PART of the problem.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Maybe but whats the deal with the take aways this year? Pass rush is worst than last year also!!

Because it was luck last year. Some of the turnovers we got last year were unforced and simply right place right time. It wasn't because of how great Maranelli's scheme was or how great his pass rush was.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Some blame, fine. If other factors were different (I.e. QB play, etc...), I think we'd have pulled out a game or two during this stretch.

Not saying they deserve all of the blame, but when you know the offense is struggling the defense needs to be able to step up and make a crucial stop when the game is on the line. how many times did we see the defense the past several years give up the game winning drive after a shoot out with Romo? it doesn't matter if you give up a lot of points or no points if you can't stop the other team when it counts the most.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
This entire coaching is staff is unorganized. Jones won't allow any coaches to just coach without having his input. Philosophically, the offense & defense lack creativeness. Last year we had a dominant run game, no way to mess that up unless you refuse to run. Hire a real coach, let him bring his people in from top to bottom, get him the pieces he needs, and stay out of it.

fifaguy

Reaction score
giphy.gif

popp1234

Reaction score
This entire coaching is staff is unorganized. Jones won't allow any coaches to just coach without having his input. Philosophically, the offense & defense lack creativeness. Last year we had a dominant run game, no way to mess that up unless you refuse to run. Hire a real coach, let him bring his people in from top to bottom, get him the pieces he needs, and stay out of it.

Clove, even if we wanted to hire a, "real coach", where are we going to find him? A real coach is probably already employed.

khiladi

Reaction score
One of the hosts asked the other one if there are any issues in the locker room...

He stated that a few of the players are grumbling about the lack of adjustments that Marinelli makes. His philosophy is old school in that he says he will stick with the original gameplan and refuses to adjust as it is up to players to execute...

Must be a Garrett friend in the media to focus in the defense...

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Maybe but whats the deal with the take aways this year? Pass rush is worst than last year also!!

a lot of the 31 turnovers came in the 4th/OT.

Teams passed more of the time last year in the 4th quarter as the D took the field with a 10+ point differential.

Not happening this year so far. Offense has to score to help the D. Many of the best ranked D's are on teams winning games by 2+ scores late.

khiladi

Reaction score
During the year the team allegedly quit on Wade, in 8 games..

The defense got 10 TOs..
Garrett's offense have the ball up 19 times.

Wade was still getting blamed, yet the excuse now is Garrett can't win because the defense doesn't get him TOs..