Sopranos - Article page 18

kTXe

On To The Next One
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1505093 said:
I agree. He either dies or gets out......becoming a rat would ruin the whole show.
His only way "out" is becoming a rat, though.

I'm not going to speculate as to what may happen...I honestly have no idea. I'm just glad that the last couple of episodes have finally been worth the hour I spent watching them. These last two should be amazing.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Doomsday;1505079 said:
I hope not that would be a terrible way to end the show in my opinion.

What is the show about? It is about Family. That's been the big theme throughout -- the impact that Tony's life has on his family. Their problems etc. All that is starting to come front and center in the last few episodes. We used to go weeks without seeing Meadow or AJ, now they are in every episode. Coincidence?

Becoming a rat is all about making a huge sacrifice for his family.

To me, that is far better than some lame-o mob war that we've seen over and over again.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
abersonc;1505179 said:
What is the show about? It is about Family. That's been the big theme throughout -- the impact that Tony's life has on his family. Their problems etc. All that is starting to come front and center in the last few episodes. We used to go weeks without seeing Meadow or AJ, now they are in every episode. Coincidence?

Becoming a rat is all about making a huge sacrifice for his family.

To me, that is far better than some lame-o mob war that we've seen over and over again.

Good Points.

Add into the idea that Phil's nephew, the goth kid, was having troubles, now AJ, Meadow getting approached by a rival member. Big Puss and Chrissy is dead, by tony's hand, His Father is dead and Uncle Jr is no longer there for him, Hesh is also not a close friend now, he is getting tired of being around Paulie. Those are and were the only people that were around him that he really liked.

HOWEVER here is the thing that makes me think he will not commit suicide. He is too selfish for that. Even when other people are in pain or has problems he is still always complaining about how that is some kind of burden on him.

Plus I think it needs to be brought up about Dr. Melfi's doctor telling her about that study and that most people like tony are just using other people (therapists) for his own advantage.

So it comes down to the big war and or getting under government witness/relocation program.

We have him giving he feds info on the foreign guys when he probably would have nothing about it in the past. He even asks about what it could do for him down the road to help him out (again his selfishness).

I think I would be kind of disappointed in him becoming the rat but there are only a few scenarios going that seem feasible right now.

I could see a couple of situations.

Tony rats out Phil and it goes the court route or possibly tony rats out phil and somehow sets him up to be killed by the feds.

Either way I just don't see tony killing himself but I can see him doing everything else to keep himself alive because he is too selfish.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
The great thing about this being the last few episodes is that literally ANYTHING can happen. Any character can die at any time!

When AJ was getting ready to kill himself, any other season you knew it wouldn't happen, but since we're near the end, you just don't know, so the palpable sense of dread is there.

And if they killed Chris, then Paulie, Silvio, Bobby, any of them are fair targets.

I think Tony will get pinched for something and then maybe flip... kind of sad really... I'm sure most would rather see him go down in a blaze of glory.

Duane

Reaction score
In the preview of next week's episode it sure looked (to me) like Bobby is going to get it. There were several shots of a guy in a sweater similar to the one you see him wearing.

Timbo2st

Benched
Reaction score
So much for not having the New York/New Jersey war.

One of the best episodes I've seen from the entire show.

Phil and New York are going down.

calico

Reaction score
Loved the episode.

Bobby's train hobby got Tony shot by Junior and now it cost Bobby his life...lol.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Timbo2st;1517606 said:
So much for not having the New York/New Jersey war.

One of the best episodes I've seen from the entire show.

Phil and New York are going down.

Man I totally agree, and I think tony, paulie, patsy etc. are going to clean house. However I am not sure what kind of ending that will be so there has to be something there to make a final point of emphasis.

The whole season has been in a nutshell about tony being alone and doubting everyone around him or having no one around him.

So in the end maybe its just tony and carmella and the fam and he gets arrested by the fbI agents who have been on the show for years. Maybe he is arrested right before he is whacked after everyone else is dead.

So in the end he is ultimately and completely alone forever in prison, like so many real mafioso really finish out life.

All the fbi stuff in this show and the earlier episode with him almost getting arrested only to be spared because of them working on a big case leads me to believe that he will finish up in the big house. I hope he gets phil first though.

man I cant wait for next week, I wish it was a two hour special. One hour sucks.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sucks that Silvio got whacked.

I don't mind Bobby, been nice if they would have took out Janice (say her and bobby were together at the time.

The reason I say this is the idea of Tony hating Janice but at the same time you know it would fire him up even more as no matter how much he hated her she was still his blood.

But I look for phil and his sidekicks to get whacked and Tony, as another pointed out, probably gets arrested by the FBI but gets some leniency due to him giving the tip about the muslim guys.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Was a pretty good episode, but it bothered me that they are basically decided to go to war and they are all walking around pretty casually with no guns. I mean Sil knows he's probably a target and going to lam it and he has to reach into the backseat to find a gun? Seems odd, I would have that thing a little more accessible, but thats just me.

This whole season just has no flow to it. Hopefully the ending lives up to the rest of the seasons.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday;1517724 said:
Was a pretty good episode, but it bothered me that they are basically decided to go to war and they are all walking around pretty casually with no guns. I mean Sil knows he's probably a target and going to lam it and he has to reach into the backseat to find a gun? Seems odd, I would have that thing a little more accessible, but thats just me.

This whole season just has no flow to it. Hopefully the ending lives up to the rest of the seasons.

On a side note, a point of humor...

Silvio and the guy getting shot at outside the badabing club and the shooters look up and see all the topless dancers :laugh1: Don't know why but that made me roll.

Now on another side note. The guy that was with Silvio, was this the guy that was going after Tony at one time or was that his brother, my memory is getting old.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1517735 said:
On a side note, a point of humor...

Silvio and the guy getting shot at outside the badabing club and the shooters look up and see all the topless dancers :laugh1: Don't know why but that made me roll.

Now on another side note. The guy that was with Silvio, was this the guy that was going after Tony at one time or was that his brother, my memory is getting old.

Yeah it's the same guy. Tony had his twin brother whacked. His son is also dating Meadow.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Bobby's death scene was one of the best this show has ever had.

I also love the touch of them hiding out in Junior's old house.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Danny White;1517817 said:

That was Jr's house? I thought had been sold?

Did anyone else notice the cutout of Silvio in the living room of the house? :laugh1:

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Danny White;1517817 said:

Kind of ironic isn't it. The Jrs House thing. Just a little earlier we have Janice asking Tony to help out with keeping JR out of a state ran institution and the next thing you know Tony is hiding out in JRs old house. Of course the whole shooting incident in the house and the idea that it is now being used as a temporary safe house for tony.

On bobby's death. It kept showing the gleam off of the trains when he was holding them and looking at them. I kind of thought that he would see the reflection of guys coming up to him with guns and turn at the last minute but I guess that was too much of a stretch to happen.

Also funny that the phone was ringing to tell him to change his habits and keep an eye out be he missed it because his phone was in his car.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1517833 said:
Kind of ironic isn't it. The Jrs House thing. Just a little earlier we have Janice asking Tony to help out with keeping JR out of a state ran institution and the next thing you know Tony is hiding out in JRs old house. Of course the whole shooting incident in the house and the idea that it is now being used as a temporary safe house for tony.

On bobby's death. It kept showing the gleam off of the trains when he was holding them and looking at them. I kind of thought that he would see the reflection of guys coming up to him with guns and turn at the last minute but I guess that was too much of a stretch to happen.

Also funny that the phone was ringing to tell him to change his habits and keep an eye out be he missed it because his phone was in his car.

also the irony of Tony refusing to give janice money to help out junior. Then janice crying saying we dont have that kind of money and refusing the 100 he offered her!

Then Bobby is buying an 8000 dollar toy train when he is shot!

That is the greatness of david chase, understanding that what every mobster is ultimately about greed and being selfish no matter what. I got a kick out of how they showed bobby saying 8 grand, ah what the hell I will take it!!!!!

Man I hate it that little steven got whacked, I wanted him to be one of the last men standing. I would assume we wont see him in the finale and he will probably die at some point of that show.

I hope Tony and Paulie give it it phil good, like when christopher got shot and before tony and puss shot the dude, forgot his name, he asked him if he wanted anything to drink and then said sure you dont want it with sugar because its the last thing your ever going to drink!!!

cant wait for sunday.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1517692 said:
Sucks that Silvio got whacked.

Maybe he got another chance to play Richard Nixon... admit it, that guy was BORN to play Tricky Dicky... :D

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
silverbear;1517901 said:
Maybe he got another chance to play Richard Nixon... admit it, that guy was BORN to play Tricky Dicky... :D

:laugh1: I think it is the no neck thing.