Sopranos Thread

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
Hey, how 'bout that dream sequence last night?

Anyone else's neck hair standing on end during that portion of the episode.

The dream sequences (IMHO) very accurately capture what happens in dreams - people you know, people you don't, places that are vaguely familiar, conversations that don't quite make sense.

Good stuff!

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
I had a hard time staying awake for last night's Sopranos. That dream sequence was just flat out boring to me. Thank goodness I'm not a Deadwood fan yet or I'd lose a lot of sleep on Sunday night. :D The only thing I caught was the Artie dream sequence. Are the writers just toying with us or was there a reason why Artie was with all the dead people in the car?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TruBlueCowboy said:
I had a hard time staying awake for last night's Sopranos. That dream sequence was just flat out boring to me. Thank goodness I'm not a Deadwood fan yet or I'd lose a lot of sleep on Sunday night. :D The only thing I caught was the Artie dream sequence. Are the writers just toying with us or was there a reason why Artie was with all the dead people in the car?

The dream sequence would have been better if not so long.

I too was wondering about the Artie situation and then prior to the dream sequence tony talking about Arties Ex-wife.
That part in the dream when Tony and Arties ex-wife and tony says something like...this is better then it was when we were in school had me rolling.

Well it looks like the fat has finally hit the shan with Tony B and it is just a matter of time before Tony S has to take care of him.

Another thing....I wonder if the man playing JR Soprano has been ill of late (in real life) because they have only had a show or two that showed him more then a few minutes.

Oh well the big pisser about this whole thing is that the whole season has been building up (and dragging with the building I might add) up and just when it all happens we will be hanging for a year.

Also I would like to find out more about the situation with Vito and Fin.

I still wonder if Ade gets hit at the end of this season because they keep showing stuff in the previews that lead up to something happening to her.

Gaede

Reaction score
incredibly cool episode. the dream was extremely realistic

Philly asking "what do i count to before I can get up?" had me dying :D .

I taped it fortunately, and it makes a lot more sense on the second viewing

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gaede said:
incredibly cool episode. the dream was extremely realistic

Philly asking "what do i count to before I can get up?" had me dying :D .

I taped it fortunately, and it makes a lot more sense on the second viewing

I forget about that scene....that was pretty funny....and then the reporter asking him questions.

I will have to catch again this week and maybe catch some things I missed.

Oh I forgot the one chick that was the nutty one, who worked at the car dealership....I liked seeing here again cause she was a hotty.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister said:
Well I guess Drea doesn't have to worry about filming two shows at once :eek:

Last night was very good.

Ade got whacked...chrissy is back on the sauce and drugs.

Tony basically said bring it on to Johnny Sacks (I hope Sacks get sacked).

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
That was a great episode! I liked the dream sequence from last week, but it was very slow and was definitely a diversion from the meat and potatoes of the show. This week, and hopefully next week as well, are the true payoffs for the season.

Some great images and moments:

Adriana daydreaming that she's fleeing south when, in reality, she's in the car with Sil about to be whacked.

Chrissy's wake up call at the gas pump looking at the pathetic guy and his pathetic family. You could see the lightbulb go off over his head.

Adriana expressing sincere love and concern for Chris as he leaves the apartment, even saying "I love you" while the camera focuses in on the choke marks on her neck.

Carmella the whoore/negotiator... basically telling Tony: I'll take you back, but it's gonna cost ya.

Tony's very half-hearted promise to Carm that he won't fool around anymore, or more accurately, won't get CAUGHT fooling around. His wording on that promise was priceless!

How dark and forboding the Soprano house was when Tony returned. That seemed like classic Sopranos foreshadowing.

The visual parallels between the property that Carm is looking at at the end and the place where Adriana just got whacked. Very odd.

Anyone else notice anything?

I could be wrong, but I doubt if they're going to have any meaningful conclusion to the Johnny Sack rift next week. My hunch is that's what all of next season is going to be about.

I think Tony B. will disappear at the end of this season and won't be heard from again, and all next season will be just an all-out battle between New York and New Jersey.

Although SOMEONE's gotta die next week. Any thoughts on who?

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
I still wonder if Ade gets hit at the end of this season because they keep showing stuff in the previews that lead up to something happening to her.

Nice prediction!

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Danny White said:
That was a great episode! I liked the dream sequence from last week, but it was very slow and was definitely a diversion from the meat and potatoes of the show. This week, and hopefully next week as well, are the true payoffs for the season.

Some great images and moments:

Adriana daydreaming that she's fleeing south when, in reality, she's in the car with Sil about to be whacked.

Chrissy's wake up call at the gas pump looking at the pathetic guy and his pathetic family. You could see the lightbulb go off over his head.

Adriana expressing sincere love and concern for Chris as he leaves the apartment, even saying "I love you" while the camera focuses in on the choke marks on her neck.

Carmella the whoore/negotiator... basically telling Tony: I'll take you back, but it's gonna cost ya.

Tony's very half-hearted promise to Carm that he won't fool around anymore, or more accurately, won't get CAUGHT fooling around. His wording on that promise was priceless!

How dark and forboding the Soprano house was when Tony returned. That seemed like classic Sopranos foreshadowing.

The visual parallels between the property that Carm is looking at at the end and the place where Adriana just got whacked. Very odd.

Anyone else notice anything?

I could be wrong, but I doubt if they're going to have any meaningful conclusion to the Johnny Sack rift next week. My hunch is that's what all of next season is going to be about.

I think Tony B. will disappear at the end of this season and won't be heard from again, and all next season will be just an all-out battle between New York and New Jersey.

Although SOMEONE's gotta die next week. Any thoughts on who?

Artie Bucco.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
junk said:
Artie Bucco.

You may be dead on...because as another poster pointed out before...he was the only person alive in the dream sequence that Tony was having...the only alive one that showed up in the car.

Gaede

Reaction score
:eek:

one of the best episodes of Soprano's I've ever seen

I don't think Tony B gets wacked, or dissapears or whatever...The creators of the show generally have characters on for at least two seasons before they kill 'em off. I hope he stays for season 6 (which will be war vs. New York)

Great episode all around.

I too hope that Johnny Sack gets offed

Gaede

Reaction score
also, I don't know about Artie getting killed, I mean, what would be the purpose?

but if season 6 is going to be war with New York then Artie would have no place, no purpose in it all. so maybe they do get rid of him this season just so he doesn't seem out of place next season

But I don't see him getting killed. Nothing has been built up, no storyline, no major or subtle event has happened that would lead to someone even wanting to kill him. It would be completely out of the blue, which would be completely against the methods of which the creators and writers consistently use in Sopranos.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Gaede said:
also, I don't know about Artie getting killed, I mean, what would be the purpose?

but if season 6 is going to be war with New York then Artie would have no place, no purpose in it all. so maybe they do get rid of him this season just so he doesn't seem out of place next season

But I don't see him getting killed. Nothing has been built up, no storyline, no major or subtle event has happened that would lead to someone even wanting to kill him. It would be completely out of the blue, which would be completely against the methods of which the creators and writers consistently use in Sopranos.

Maybe Tony gets caught messing around with Artie's wife and he takes him out or he gets caught in the crossfire.

Duane

Reaction score
Danny White said:

I noticed that too, very spooky. I almost thought it was the same place at first.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Duane said:
I noticed that too, very spooky. I almost thought it was the same place at first.

I noticed it also. What kind of business did she say she wanted to open?

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Gaede said:

I agree. Other than the dream, Artie getting killed would seem to come out of left field.

HOWEVER, there was the whole thing last week about Tony being interested in Artie's wife. Why even bring that up if Tony's getting back together with Carm??

But here's where it could get interesting and nasty. With Tony promising that Carmella will never have to be faced with his infidelity again, let's say that Tony does get together with Artie's ex-wife. Artie finds out and then threatens to tell Carm. That would be plenty motive for Tony to take him out.

I don't see all that happening in the next episode, so perhaps that would be another story line for next season.

As far as who will get whacked, even though I don't think Tony B will, he's got to be the odds-on favorite. Tony Sack is possible, but doesn't seem realistic. If Tony's going to kill him, why not do it under the bridge where it's just the two of them? Vito, perhaps? Are they just going to let that plot-line hang out there?

How about Chrissy? Philly made a pretty direct threat towards him in this episode, and the preview showed Philly beating the hell out of someone with a tire iron.