Sounds like Mazi could be in a better place this year

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Mazi IS in a better place this year.

Last year he spent his time in BurgerKing and KrispeyKreme.

This year he's spending his time in McDonalds and Dunkin Donuts.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Schoonmaker has gone through some changes this offseason.
Not surprising Schoonmaker’s name came up in a thread about Mazi. Both were epic disappointments. It was a swing and a miss with both at least as rookies.

CowboysJames69

Reaction score
I don't know if we will know in training camp until preseason games as he will have a rookie and then Hoffman at center in practice. Of course that center will be between Smith and Martin at guard most likely . Same thing at center against Mazi at NT is the new center good or is Mazi making them look good because he does suck...

I expect improvement being the second year and the offseason, but weed need quite a lot of improvement out of him so we will see. A lot rides on this.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I look for Zimmer to have this defense playing well , he will get the best out of these players.

I agree, and, for his flaws with the Vikings, one area he excelled at was the defence. Especially at Lb and Dline (especially LB). His DBs benefitted greatly from the pressure, and they could stop the run nicely. Now that he's back to being a DC. He can focus on that here.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Sure: blow up the C and give easy lanes for the LB and make it unguardable on drop backs.

You are talking about a blitz look that Zimm likes to use. That does not mean the nose tackle disappears.

If anything, a solid NT is critical for a successful blitz. They have to anchor the c and the guard to allow the blitzing LB a free lane to attack the ball carrier or the QB.