Sounds like Mazi could be in a better place this year

CCBoy

Reaction score
Some people just can't accept we drafted a bust. We'll see what happens, but I expect nothing from the "I don't even like football..." guy.
There is a reason that there is a three year opening window. No way a leading upping to the NFL forges a true leader in that time frame.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Three straight 12 win seasons...now that was really poor as you suggest, huh?

More to it than finding someone to blame...
Don't worry whenever the team gets dismantled and we do do a reboot and we're only winning six to seven games a year if we're lucky they'll have something real to whine about they'll be really accurate when they say we suck and that we're below average and the teams not ever going anywhere or doing anything instead of griping about losing in the playoffs we're gonna be griping about things like not ever making the playoffs and getting stomped on like the people we stomp on now when we're the low hanging fruit I mean this is crazy how this team is so bad and our fan bases eyes because their expectations we should be making Super Bowls they forget how lucky we are to have a team that's been in the playoffs 5 in the last eight years that has a winning record that's constantly playing in prime time and in big games take it all the way and have a really bad team with a really bad quarterback and a really bad coach they'll have finally have something to match their anger...

CCBoy

Reaction score
Don't worry whenever the team gets dismantled and we do do a reboot and we're only winning six to seven games a year if we're lucky they'll have something real to whine about they'll be really accurate when they say we suck and that we're below average and the teams not ever going anywhere or doing anything instead of griping about losing in the playoffs we're gonna be griping about things like not ever making the playoffs and getting stomped on like the people we stomp on now when we're the low hanging fruit I mean this is crazy how this team is so bad and our fan bases eyes because their expectations we should be making Super Bowls they forget how lucky we are to have a team that's been in the playoffs 5 in the last eight years that has a winning record that's constantly playing in prime time and in big games take it all the way and have a really bad team with a really bad quarterback and a really bad coach they'll have finally have something to match their anger...
Step on up and just tell us when that is to occur and not being a debbie downer on show.

CCBoy

Reaction score
?? We're talking about Mazi, not the team's season.
Catch up to the point....you don't think he is a 'roung rider' and just needs to get experienced tough? You're not a true Texan then...his role is along with the changes with this picture:

Sustainability, simply put. Through his first three seasons, Parsons has come out of the gates on fire, throwing his athleticism all over the place and getting to the quarterback at a healthy pace. But once the calendar flips to December, that production seems to tail off. If Zimmer and Parsons can find a system that allows him to be just as productive late in the season as he is to start the season, then Parsons may finally get that elusive DPOY award he so desperately covets. That may come with an added power element that sometimes wears him down late in games when his athleticism lowers his gas tank.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/3-what-s-micah-s-next-step-in-zimmer-s-defense

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score
Last year is the only data set we have to evaluate, other than your pollyanish hope that he somehow drastically improves over an offseason in which he's had shoulder surgery.
Or one can evaluate talent well enough for it to change in view with a strong leadership staff.

Think this will affect the play of a growing Mazi?

About Micah...

Mickey Spagnola: Two things for sure. First, reacclimate to playing more at linebacker. And don't mean lining up and blitzing as much as he was asked to do in Dan Quinn's system, but being able to play the run like he did at Penn State. The NFL is not always all about the sacks. Sacks are good but the Cowboys must improve their run defense and I remember looking back at Micah's Penn state tape and what initially caught my eye was his ability to diagnose run plays and shoot gaps. Also, this goes for playing defensive end, too. He must improve on setting the edge against the run. That is a vital part of playing defense end. Ask DeMarcus Lawrence.

Sometimes even the great ones need a different voice. That's what the Cowboys are counting on with Zimmer and Parsons. I think it's going to be interesting how Micah fits into the new scheme and how much Zimmer has tailored it around his strengths.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/3-what-s-micah-s-next-step-in-zimmer-s-defense

Last edited: