Source: Campo a possibility to be Cowboys’ secondary coach

khiladi

Reaction score
What does Jason Garrett have to do with Campo? Campo coaches defense, and I'm sure that the interaction between Garrett and Campo was pretty much insignificant.

And if Jason is the future head coach of the Cowboys, and Jerry is doing this for him, then all you homers that are questioning Wade and favoring JG should be happy, because this is the staff that JG allegedly wants...

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1928077 said:
Never under estimate the power of the mad poodle, he may be using a jedi mind trick on Wade. :laugh2:

Remember that photoshop that someone did of a a poodle body with Campo's head on it?

:eek: :lmao2:

For the record, I don't like this for the simple fact that Campo returing to Dallas just brings back too many nightmares.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Chief;1929002 said:
Remember that photoshop that someone did of a a poodle body with Campo's head on it?

:eek: :lmao2:

For the record, I don't like this for the simple fact that Campo returing to Dallas just brings back too many nightmares.

You just inspired me to create my new sig to keep up until this Campo mess blows over. Created.

burmafrd

Reaction score
It just boggles the mind that a guy would come back to a team that he used to coach as not even a coordinator but 3rd in line position coach. VERY strange.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
burmafrd;1929112 said:
It just boggles the mind that a guy would come back to a team that he used to coach as not even a coordinator but 3rd in line position coach. VERY strange.
I'd probably say that Campo would be willing to do this because:

1. He's not going to get another HC job. Maybe DC somewhere along the road

2. He does not have a massive ego that coaches tend to have.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Bleu Star;1929065 said:
You just inspired me to create my new sig to keep up until this Campo mess blows over. Created.

Excellent.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
i got no problem with gettin campo but jerry should let Wade hire his own coaches!

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Alexander;1928398 said:
Long term, perhaps. But short term, that is bad news for Wade Phillips and for all practical purposes, this team which is still theoretically his.

I have yet to see a head coach succeed in an environment when he did not have control of some kind.

I am sure everyone loves him, but how much can they respect a head coach who cannot even give the impression that it is his team?

Garrett should have been promoted if this is the method that was going to be used.

so you believe Jerry Jones tells Wade Phillips who starts, and who suits up, or is inactivated on game-days? no, that wold be Wade

there aren't many teams where the HC is also the GM, I can only think of Bill Belichick who has total control of what his team does as far as how the team is shaped, as well as the HC role on game-day

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Alexander;1928423 said:
Not to defend this choice, but this league is full of retreads. Like a soap opera where every ends up dating or marrying each other, the same pawns tend to be in play and probably will be for a while as many executives are leery of hiring college coaches any more. It is like a strange game of musical chairs. Except this coach has already sat in our chair.

exactly, hell Dennis Green's name keeps popping up

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
windward;1929122 said:
I'd probably say that Campo would be willing to do this because:

1. He's not going to get another HC job. Maybe DC somewhere along the road

2. He does not have a massive ego that coaches tend to have.

or 3. loved his experience in Dallas and Jerry Jones

vlad

Reaction score
Hiring coaches pot luck that aren't what Wade wants (at least on D) is a recipe for disaster. I think the hire your old buddies disease has rubbed off of Parcells to Jerry. He should at least go get Joe A for special teams.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
vlad;1929318 said:
Hiring coaches pot luck that aren't what Wade wants (at least on D) is a recipe for disaster. I think the hire your old buddies disease has rubbed off of Parcells to Jerry. He should at least go get Joe A for special teams.
and where do we have any evidence that Wade does not want Campo?

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
windward;1929391 said:

Where do we have evidence he does?

Just last week he wanted Solari as OL coach and was overruled .

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Bach;1929420 said:
Where do we have evidence he does?

Just last week he wanted Solari as OL coach and was overruled .
The burden of proof is on the Jerry bashers who insist that he is not wanted by Wade, seeing as they are the ones who made that particular charge.

You can speculate all you want, but that is all that it is at this point.

CowboyJeff

Reaction score
windward;1929391 said:

For all we know, Wade may be actively campaigning to get Campo in Dallas. I hope not, but it's definitely possible. The coaching community is very tight knit. The last time I spoke with coach Campo he was still very fond of Jerry and Stephen.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
windward;1929432 said:
The burden of proof is on the Jerry bashers who insist that he is not wanted by Wade, seeing as they are the ones who made that particular charge.

I still haven't heard one good reason why the HC shouldn't be allowed to choose his own staff.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Bach;1929445 said:
I still haven't heard one good reason why the HC shouldn't be allowed to choose his own staff.

most HCs don't, or they don't hire the whole staff by themselves

and it's not like Wade is getting overruled all the time, he has a son on the staff and he brought in his guy from San Diego

and Wade is only replacing 3 guys on the staff, it's not like we have to re-tool the whole staff, so I don't see what the big deal is, esp. when we're rumored to be interested in Pagano coming over here too

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;1928727 said:
It has gotten us allot closer.:)

Parcells.....one and done against Carolina
Parcells.....one and done against Seahawks.

Wade.......one and done against Giants.

Being closer means jack. You sound like Wade and "we are a final 8 team" sunshine speech.

Sorry Wade, telling me we were 13-3 and a final 8 team actually pisses me off more that we were one and done this year.

This aint freaking Arizona, 13-3 with first round exit will get your arse fired here Wade. If we are not in the SB next year, clean out your office.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
windward;1929432 said:

Why is the burden of proof on the "Jerry Bashers"?

Jones himself has already hired one assistant before hiring Phillips and has overruled another in Solari. He's forced his thoughts into assistants for quite some time, including on Campo himself when he imported Bruce Coslet.

If anything, the burden is on those claiming this is a Wade hire. Chances are, he will come out and speak of support. It is not in his style to make waves. But until he comes out and states this was his choice, it is hard to state this is anything more than a Jones machination.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1929446 said:
most HCs don't, or they don't hire the whole staff by themselves

and it's not like Wade is getting overruled all the time, he has a son on the staff and he brought in his guy from San Diego

That was also last year. Phillips needs one of "his" hires. Especially on defense to convince me. The pressure is on Phillips and this could be a subtle way of getting it done without appearing overly obvious about it.