Speculation: Cowboys Front runners for Lamar Miller

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Most people see Miller as underutilized in Miami. Many think that if you gave him the ball 350-400 times behind this O-line he can get you 1,500 yards, give or take.

That's the thought process. Is it true? Don't know. But many are convinced it is.

This. The guy was so badly used in Miami. He'd be over a 100 yards and averaging over 5.0 yards a run and they would shut him down or play RBBC the next week. They were clueless. Miller has fresh legs and can run. I wouldn't break the bank but he is an upgrade big time.

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That's a pretty big reason that you want to just shove aside.

The big reason the Cowboys had a firm line in the sand with Murray was because they knew the stats and they knew the trends for TBs that had the usage that Murray had and where RB careers tend to go at Murray's age.

I don't want to shove it aside but its still overpaying a quarterback. That is not smart. I could see if this was AP you are doing this for. But you can find a rookie running back that can have the same impact that Miller will have behind this line.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Much rather end up with him than Arian Foster or Matt Forte. Don't believe in throwing most RB's big bucks but at least Miller's young and doesn't have a lot of miles.

superonyx

Reaction score
People need to stop with this "he was an all-pro, AP Offensive player of the year" stuff. You aren't making contract decisions solely on what a player has done, you make contract decisions on what you also think he'll do going forward. The Cowboys had concerns he could produce at the same level given his age and usage. It appears they got it right because Murray looked slow and dinged up in Philly even before the season started for them. There were reports in training camps that he didn't look the same.

Mentioned Murrays accomplishments was only to show what that level of production and performance equates to in regards to compensatory draft picks. The conversation was about signing free agents to fill an occasional hole vs using the draft pick gained to replace a player who left in free agency.

So I don't know who these "people" are who need to stop mentioning Murrays achievements.

It sounds like you are carrying some pain from other battles.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here's another item:

http://sportsday.***BANNED-URL***/d...t-cowboys-appear-front-runner-rb-lamar-miller

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
This. The guy was so badly used in Miami. He'd be over a 100 yards and averaging over 5.0 yards a run and they would shut him down or play RBBC the next week. They were clueless. Miller has fresh legs and can run. I wouldn't break the bank but he is an upgrade big time.

I would be very happy with a backfield of Miller, DMC and Turbin.

rybee

Reaction score
_gep2s4I_normal.jpeg
RapSheet
The #Texans are making a strong push to secure RB Lamar Miller before the league year begins, source said. Working toward a deal.
3/8/16, 10:57 AM

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
This might be the only exciting thing this offseason.

If It goes to a bidding war the Texans or jags will get him.

Sydla

Reaction score

I am guessing like Murray, the Cowboys have a line in the sand they won't cross for a TB. The Texans likely don't.

Can't really blame the front office on that. If Miller gets 6-7MM per, that would be too rich for my blood.

superonyx

Reaction score
I am guessing like Murray, the Cowboys have a line in the sand they won't cross for a TB. The Texans likely don't.

Can't really blame the front office on that. If Miller gets 6-7MM per, that would be too rich for my blood.

Yea...we need to reserve the $7 million per year contracts for the next Tyrone Crawford.
Championship!!!