Sporting News ranks the coaches

ItzKelz

Reaction score
1 playoff win over those three years.

Your last comment is hilarious. Pederson, for example, won a SB in his 2nd year so absolutely he could have likely replicated what Garrett did. Then there is Belichick, etc.

So Jason Garrett is far from the only coach that could have had the record he had for the last three years.
Lucked up into a Superbowl. Wince gets hurt....no good tape of the back up for the season....back up plays better than expected in both championship games. I said the Chick

Sydla

Reaction score
There you go, I never said he was great. My posts are in the history go get it. I most definitely said don't continually he was good to above average. As for Belicheck comparison I most definitely said if he was just dropped in to the same situation i felt he have close to the same success, funny thing is it's my opinion like yours and it's one that no one will truly know because who knows what BB would've done somewhere else.

You realize how dumb this sounds right. You never thought he was great but then claim he could have basically replicated what the greatest coach in NFL history did?

So wait, are you calling Belichick just a good, above average coach now?

LOL.

Dre11

Reaction score
Funny how you don't take into account where both teams are respectively. Seattle had no business being there, lost a ton of talent and still gave them a run. Meanwhile the Cowboys have been up and coming for a decade plus. Every year is their year until it isn't. So far he beat a Detroit powerhouse in 2014 then a depleted Seattle team 4 years later.

Just as you don't ever take in to account where this team has been. You regurgitate the 8-8 seasons without taking into account that they were rebuilding and still winning, I don't want to hear that bs.

Sydla

Reaction score
Lucked up into a Superbowl. Wince gets hurt....no good tape of the back up for the season....back up plays better than expected in both championship games. I said the Chick

LOL. Lucked into a SB.

You have zero credibility at this point.

Dre11

Reaction score
You realize how dumb this sounds right. You never thought he was great but then claim he could have basically replicated what the greatest coach in NFL history did?

So wait, are you calling Belichick just a good, above average coach now?

LOL.

Given where both landed shaped their careers, had Belicheck stayed in Cleveland I doubt anyone would be talking him.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Hey, I agree that all those bullet points are weaknesses of his. And I didn't even put forward my opinion on whether this ranking is right or not.
I'm just saying that the assertion that only two playoff victories in the last decade should disqualify him from ranking twelfth is ill considered, since if playoff victories in a decade were the only thing considered he would actually be tied for ninth.

Never should have been hired.

Big_D

Reaction score
Just as you don't ever take in to account where this team has been. You regurgitate the 8-8 seasons without taking into account that they were rebuilding and still winning, I don't want to hear that bs.

LOL you mean 8-8 five years ago??? That was 2013. They haven't been up and coming since then? At least they should've been. You don't see an issue with the timeline? During Garretts tenure Giants win a championship, Eagles win a championship. rebuilding and winning what exactly?

ESisback

Reaction score
Im not trying to be subtle. Here, let me be blunt for you:

GARRETT SUCKS!!!!

Ill take Richards right on our team for instance. I would take Moore over Garrett. Any HC in the NFL over Garrett.

Garrett does NOTHING here. Havent you noticed that the further away from game day management and the offense Garrett gets, the better WE get?

Jones has now all but told Garrett to stay away from the offense and let Moore do his thing.

Yep, subtle. Like a sledgehammer.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Schefter said just last season JG would have been an immediate hire for someone with a vacancy, but I'm sure you'll respond with what does he know.

Like Shefter, but dont agree with him there. Why would anyone want a horrid coach like Garrett?

I doubt anyone would hire him. Certainly not to run their offense. He might be good in a organizational role. But keep him away from football related stuff.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Never said I was a Garrett fan. I think he’s been around average. I’m intrigued by the notion of change, but I’d prefer to enjoy the ride, because:

1)”Garrett sucks” was painfully redundant years ago.
2)There’s absolutely NOTHING we can do about it.
3)Forum fans don’t generally know more about the details than those immersed in it for a living.

You didnt have to be a genius to know how bad Garrett has been. Even his owner admits we have suffered through Garretts learning curve.

Dre11

Reaction score
LOL you mean 8-8 five years ago??? That was 2013. They haven't been up and coming since then? At least they should've been. You don't see an issue with the timeline? During Garretts tenure Giants win a championship, Eagles win a championship. rebuilding and winning what exactly?

I didn't see you giving this team the same benefit or using it as an excuse, like you're now doing with Seattle Gtfoh

Big_D

Reaction score
I didn't see you giving this team the same benefit or using it as an excuse, like you're now doing with Seattle Gtfoh

When? Seattle has proven they can win. That coach has a Championship and earned the benefit of the doubt. You don't see a difference between that and the usual Garrett choke job? lol Both been with their teams since 2010. One went to 2 super Bowls, and the other has done absolutely nothing.

ESisback

Reaction score
Maybe you should go root for the Bills? Then your low standards wouldnt matter.

I hate anyone that holds back the team. Like our horrid clapping clown HC.

I don’t have low standards. I just feel it’s childish and a waste of time crying about things I have no control over. By the way, clapping has absolutely nothing to do with anything.