Sporting News ranks the coaches

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Uh, because there are only eight active coaches with more post-season wins in the last decade?

(Belichek 16, Harbaugh 10, Carroll 9, Payton 7, Tomlin 5, Pederson 4, Quinn and Rivera 3)

If Garrett is so great then why does Jones keep pulling him farther and farther away from the offense? We just brought in a 30 year old kid to "bring in new ideas" and retool the offense. What happened to Garrett? I though he was a great offensive genius.

How many years has it taken Garrett to win a couple of playoff games?

Do you like the way Garrett:

-calls games
-creativity of his offense
-predictability of his offense
-in game management
-in game adjustments
-game planning

Dre11

Reaction score
This means nothing. Come playoff time if they happen to get in, he's the worst coach there. Don't even need to see who the other coaches are.

Yet he busted Carroll a***....lol

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Pretty much anything you say, the opposite is true. Congrats you really know your football. :lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao:
2nd most wins of all coaches the last 3 seasons. Coach of the Year with a rookie 4th round QB that apparently should not be paid. Has the respect of his players and absolutely no one quits on him. Name a coach a head of him that could have did what Jason has done the last 3 seasons.

Big_D

Reaction score
Yet he busted Carroll a***....lol

I'm sure he's better than a coach who won a championship, been to 2 Super Bowls and has 9 playoff wins. All in the same span as Garrett. And he'll be back there before Garrett too. I have no doubt about that.

Big_D

Reaction score
Garretts ranked 12th until a whole slew of coaches blow by him in the next few years. Like Pederson and McVay and others. The longest tenured coach to crap the bed repeatedly.

Dre11

Reaction score
I'm sure he's better than a coach who won a championship, been to 2 Super Bowls and has 9 playoff wins. All in the same span as Garrett. And he'll be back there before Garrett too. I have no doubt about that.

Did he bust his a** ?

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2nd most wins of all coaches the last 3 seasons. Coach of the Year with a rookie 4th round QB that apparently should not be paid. Has the respect of his players and absolutely no one quits on him. Name a coach a head of him that could have did what Jason has done the last 3 seasons.
1 playoff win last 3 years....if playoff wins are what we seek, that’s not great. Look, Garrett isn’t horrible. He’s done some things in reg season. But 2 playoff wins in 8 seasons would get 99% of NFL coaches fired.

ESisback

Reaction score
I would settle for "Garrett needs to go".

Wow, REALLY?!? Your dislike for Garrett is SO cleverly disguised! They called you “subtle” in school, huh? I’d ask who your brilliant alternative is, but you’d probably say “ANYONE would be an upgrade!”

Sure, we all miss Landry and Johnson, and we all want our own Belichick, but who’s out there that could fill that role with Jerry around? I’m intrigued by the idea of a new regime too, but we’ve got Garrett for a MINIMUM of 8 months more, so we might as well relax.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

LOL.......all of them. How many HC's get stripped of play calling by the owner because they are simply horrid at it? How many HC's have the owner bring in a 30 year old QB coach because your HC/OC has "run out of ideas" and because the "offense needs to be retooled".

How many owners admit that we wasted years "on our dime" as his HC in training bumbled the job while trying to figure out how to coach?

Havent you notice that the MORE Jones demands that Garrett get further and further away from the offense and "game day management" the better the team gets?

Jones to Moore: "let me know if Garrett isnt letting you implement your ideas"

You have to be kidding. Current players, former players complain about how horrid Garrett's offense is. Opponents laugh about the predictability.

The ONLY fans that like Garrett as our coach arent Cowboy fans. Not possible to love the Cowboys and like Garrett. What team do you root for? Giants? Eagles?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Garretts ranked 12th until a whole slew of coaches blow by him in the next few years. Like Pederson and McVay and others. The longest tenured coach to crap the bed repeatedly.
Pederson and McVay are already ranked ahead of him.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Wow, REALLY?!? Your dislike for Garrett is SO cleverly disguised! They called you “subtle” in school, huh? I’d ask who your brilliant alternative is, but you’d probably say “ANYONE would be an upgrade!”

Sure, we all miss Landry and Johnson, and we all want our own Belichick, but who’s out there that could fill that role with Jerry around? I’m intrigued by the idea of a new regime too, but we’ve got Garrett for a MINIMUM of 8 months more, so we might as well relax.

Im not trying to be subtle. Here, let me be blunt for you:

GARRETT SUCKS!!!!

Ill take Richards right on our team for instance. I would take Moore over Garrett. Any HC in the NFL over Garrett.

Garrett does NOTHING here. Havent you noticed that the further away from game day management and the offense Garrett gets, the better WE get?

Jones has now all but told Garrett to stay away from the offense and let Moore do his thing.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
garrett at his very best is average in the regular season and below average in the playoffs the cowboys will never win a or compete for a championship as long as he is the head coach