Spotrac's projected QB extensions based on calculated market value; What is Dak's?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It’s going to be interesting to see how much Jacksonville is willing to pay Lawrence. He hasn’t come close to living up to the hype when he was drafted.

Verdict

Reaction score
Sure, on their rookie deals. But not after you pay them. Lawrence, he had that one great comeback in the playoffs against the Chargers. Tua and Love look slightly better than average. They are QBs you pay to keep the money flowing. Not win a championship.
What exactly has Dak won that they haven’t? Dak has gone no where in the playoffs.

Like I said in my other post, there is a case to be made for each one of them being better than Dak with more upside.

Verdict

Reaction score
It’s going to be interesting to see how much Jacksonville is willing to pay Lawrence. He hasn’t come close to living up to the hype when he was drafted.
And Dak has been in the league twice as long. Do you think it’s very possible that Lawrence improves in the time that he has before he reaches Dak’s tenure in the league?

Who knows if he will or not, but honestly I would take Lawrence over Dak at the same average per year salary. Lawrence may have additional upside. I think Daknis what he is.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And Dak has been in the league twice as long. Do you think it’s very possible that Lawrence improves in the time that he has before he reaches Dak’s tenure in the league?

Who knows if he will or not, but honestly I would take Lawrence over Dak at the same average per year salary. Lawrence may have additional upside. I think Daknis what he is.
Dak has reached his ceiling and Lawrence has not….he is also stuck in JAX. I would take him in a heartbeat.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Lawrence seeks out unecessary contact like Josh Allen. He also will try and tackle hard on a turnover like an INT.

His risk for injury sky rockets.

Notice...I'm not the one that brought up injuries and risk in this thread

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak and Lawrence are the only 2 worth their projection. Both play on flawed teams that diminish their importance.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Dak was better than Lawrence as a rookie. If Lawrence wasn’t the number one overall pick with all the pre draft hype he had, no one would think that much of him. He’s 10 games under 500. He doesn’t impress me. If Dak had the first three seasons Lawrence has had I would be ready to move on.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But you would turn your back on your entire post if you were a GM that felt your team was very solid in all aspects but lacked a qb....and Brock Purdy was on the market to the highest bidder.

Don't lie about it.

The above scenario is common in the NFL as teams churn rosters year in and year out. One of the 30 teams is going to feel confident and strong about their young team and be willing to spend. And you would to in that situation.

Instead you get to sit here and lie about being a trailblazer and that you wouldn't do it.

And you're going to let Purdy walk because you want offer him more than 15% of cap? Lol...ok.
It is funny how people throw around the word "lie" these days on this site. Again, I think that is rooted more in projections and insecurities than actual facts.

I am a fan. I am not a GM nor I do not own an NFL team. And guess what? Neither do you, so any claims or affirmations you make are no more worthy than any I or anyone else on this site make.

To answer your question, no, I would not offer Purdy more than 15% of the salary cap. Of course part of that is I think Purdy is a good, but not great, quarterback.

I do hope the 49ers pay him more than 15% of their salary cap if that makes you feel better.

About the only NFL player I would consider going over 15% for would be Mahomes because he makes other players around him great, and more importantly, he has proven he can win multiple Super Bowls.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Dak was better than Lawrence as a rookie. If Lawrence wasn’t the number one overall pick with all the pre draft hype he had, no one would think that much of him. He’s 10 games under 500. He doesn’t impress me. If Dak had the first three seasons Lawrence has had I would be ready to move on.
One player went to a playoff team loaded with talent.
The other player went 1st overall... to Jacksonville.

Flamma

Reaction score
What exactly has Dak won that they haven’t? Dak has gone no where in the playoffs.

Like I said in my other post, there is a case to be made for each one of them being better than Dak with more upside.
You're probably right. I wouldn't pay any of them. There's at least a chance Lawrence and Love improve. Dak is who he is. But Tua is a good example of what WRs can do for a QB.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Is Sportrac handling all contract negotiations now?
Maybe we should ask Kurt Warner first.

Personally, youth alone puts Love ahead of Dak.
He has a ton of upside and a cannon for an arm.
I wouldn't want to sign Tua. Too fragile.
Trevor Lawrence would be a great signing.
"Sunshine" QBing America's Team.
But Jacksonville will never let him go.
Trevor's nose is to big to come to the Cowboys.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Is Sportrac handling all contract negotiations now?
Maybe we should ask Kurt Warner first.

Personally, youth alone puts Love ahead of Dak.
He has a ton of upside and a cannon for an arm.
I wouldn't want to sign Tua. Too fragile.
Trevor Lawrence would be a great signing.
"Sunshine" QBing America's Team.
But Jacksonville will never let him go.
Dak has a huge advantage over Tua, Trevor, and Jordan. It’s an advantage that appeals to NFL franchise ownership groups. In 10 months, March 2025, Dak Prescott can be signed without compensation to the Cowboys. Tua, Trevor, and Jordan are not free agents. Comparing him to those three is a moot point.

Chasing6

Reaction score

No case to be made. Nada, Zilch.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
One player went to a playoff team loaded with talent.
The other player went 1st overall... to Jacksonville.
The Cowboys were a 4-12 team the year before Dak took over. They were only a playoff team with great QB play. We used 3 QBs in 2015 after a Romo went down and only won one game. Lawrence hasn’t taken Jacksonville to the next level. After three seasons with Lawrence they’re still not a very good team. Funny how some of talk him up but bash Dak. :rolleyes:

RoboQB

Reaction score
The Cowboys were a 4-12 team the year before Dak took over. They were only a playoff team with great QB play. We used 3 QBs in 2015 after a Romo went down and only won one game. Lawrence hasn’t taken Jacksonville to the next level. After three seasons with Lawrence they’re still not a very good team. Funny how some of talk him up but bash Dak. :rolleyes:
With Romo returning, all pundits were picking Dallas as a playoff team, even a SB team. It would've been great to see Romo and Zeke make a SB run.

Lawrence went to a team that had nothing. In three years,
they've gone from 3-14 to 9-8. Most still couldn't name a WR, TE or RB on Jacksonville in the last three years.

"Some" talk him up because he's more talented than Dak. There's not a scout on the planet that would argue with that. So, the roll eyes agenda driven comment at the end looks quite silly.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
With Romo returning, all pundits were picking Dallas as a playoff team, even a SB team. It would've been great to see Romo and Zeke make a SB run.

Lawrence went to a team that had nothing. In three years,
they've gone from 3-14 to 9-8. Most still couldn't name a WR, TE or RB on Jacksonville in the last three years.

"Some" talk him up because he's more talented than Dak. There's not a scout on the planet that would argue with that. So, the roll eyes agenda driven comment at the end looks quite silly.
The Cowboys needed great QB to contend. Without a QB they were 4-12. Lawrence gets talked up because of his draft status. Some are still hung on it. Dak has been better than Lawrence. The stats and his winning percentage prove it.

RoboQB

Reaction score
The Cowboys needed great QB to contend. Without a QB they were 4-12. Lawrence gets talked up because of his draft status. Some are still hung on it. Dak has been better than Lawrence. The stats and his winning percentage prove it.
Okay, you're a Stats Prescott fan.
Stats and winning pct. prove nothing when not
comparing apples to apples.