News: ST: Elliott benched in fourth quarter after 2nd fumble

Shuff

Reaction score
High draft pick at a position that requires an immediate high standard.

We don't have time to wait for production.
It's only been two games, he will continue to get better. He is learning the NFL game.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
One was a good play by the defender. The other seemed to be a botched hand off where he didn't seem to get control of the ball after it. It's too early to say he has any issues hanging onto the ball.

DallasBlockersClub

Reaction score
What if Morris fumbled? What if Elliott would have rebounded with a big play to seal the game but instead the Commanders rallied to win?

To me it's about playing your best players.

I do. Some wouldn't, some would. I agree with those that would.

I don't disagree with you often but this time I will. I understand keeping your best players on the field, but I am also ok with making exceptions if the situation warrants, which I believe it did today. I'm also very happy with Dak's performance today. He didn't throw any TD's but he was the key to the drives where we scored.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I get your point but Dak had almost 300 yards today. While he didn't have any passing TDs he picked up first downs from passing which opens up the run game more. I get that you hated the pick and even made jokes about him but seriously you have a problem with how Dak has played so far? He has played very well and a huge upgrade from last seasons journeymen QBs we had.

So you understand how an effective Dak Prescott can help the run game, but you have a complete mental block in understanding how a guy like McFadden could have benefitted from even average QB play. And even despite that he still averaged 4.6 YPC.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It's only been two games, he will continue to get better. He is learning the NFL game.

Better learn it quick. He's a RB so the transition should happen pretty quick or it may just not happen.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Great Point, Dak is much better than those 2 clowns we had last year (Weeden and Cassel). I think Dak will improve each game and can be a good QB !!!
Right. He is a rookie but at least he can move us up the field and score. Not only that he has taken care of the ball. Not sure we can ask much more of a rookie playing in his first 2 division games to start his career. Let's see next week when he doesn't play division games

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't disagree with you often but this time I will. I understand keeping your best players on the field, but I am also ok with making exceptions if the situation warrants, which I believe it did today. I'm also very happy with Dak's performance today. He didn't throw any TD's but he was the key to the drives where we scored.

Well then you're okay with playing the lesser player. We very well may have needed the big play Elliott was more likely to make to win this game. This is why I disagree with the move. To me you are punishing the team for a couple of fluke fumbles.

dallasdave

Reaction score
Right. He is a rookie but at least he can move us up the field and score. Not only that he has taken care of the ball. Not sure we can ask much more of a rookie playing in his first 2 division games to start his career. Let's see next week when he doesn't play division games
He looks in control and does not turn the ball over !!! He was a 5th year senior in college and plays like a vet !!!

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
Agreed. I am a big fan. Just seems like there is something not right. The missed pre season could well explain it. That makes the most sense.

Man, I sure hope so because the other explanation is Julius Jones v2.0

JDSmith

Reaction score

Last week I thought Dak was Weedenesque. This week he already looks to have moved beyond that. The best thing about it was that last week he seemed to struggle as the game wore on, this week in the second half he was spot on.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Last week I thought Dak was Weedenesque. This week he already looks to have moved beyond that. The best thing about it was that last week he seemed to struggle as the game wore on, this week in the second half he was spot on.
I think he was better then Weeden but yes it seemed Garrett wanted to give him short throws. He is a rookie and I don't expect him to be perfect. I like he isn't making bad decisions and seems to improve each week.

I agree with last week he seemed off as the game went on. This week he got better

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree. This anti-Zeke talk is amazing to me. He was light years better today than he was in week one (fumbles aside) and he's only going to get better.

And so is Dak Prescott- and that's scary to the rest of the NFC East!

And that's just it, there is no "fumbles aside". In fact, they were such a factor that he was benched.

nobody

Reaction score
Well then you're okay with playing the lesser player. We very well may have needed the big play Elliott was more likely to make to win this game. This is why I disagree with the move. To me you are punishing the team for a couple of fluke fumbles.

Fluke fumbles? What makes them flukes? He fumbled twice in the same quarter, PERIOD. Either he wasn't holding the ball right, his gloves sucked, or he was overconfident. You bench players for that to send a message. You can't fumble twice toward the end of the game with no consequences. Lack of consequences is what makes this team constantly screw up. He screwed up and faced the consequences. Morris came in and scored a TD. Cowboys won. It was the right decision. If Zeke gets his feelings hurt from this, then he's a pansy.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Fans that say zero tolerance for fumbles but ignore INTs, PIs, dropped passes and sacks allowed crack me up....the other team is trying too......Norman threw a better punch than Canelo.....it happens

It also happens that it was a perfect time to use Morris and it is why we signed him even before drafting EE

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
we also ran a total of 7 plays(3 runs) during that time.......not a big deal

Bull****. Benching your #4 overall pick with the game on the line is a big deal.

No matter what some fans would like to tell themselves.

He got benched, and he deserved to be benched. He needs to be better. .