News: ST: Jason Witten not a Hall of Famer? Some pundits don't think so

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
You not knowing what a fact is isn't very amusing. Embarrassing perhaps.
Yes, dodge the main topic. Go outside of this board talking about Witten being first ballot/better than other greats. See if this fact distraction works for you :thumbup:

This is assuming you don’t live in Texas. If you do I’m sure more fools would agree with you

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First off, unless it is a slam dunk that the voters cannot avoid, it is harder for Cowboys to get in and I am not a conspiracy guy and neither are Frank Luksa or Rick Gosselin, our last two voters who both said the bias exists from the Northeastern voters and has for some time.

The feeling was Bob Hayes off the field problems kept him out of the HOF for years and the character issue was broached. Except when it came time to vote on Lawrence Taylor, he was a slam dunk 1st ballot and he was a shameless dbag. And as far as one of those writer's offering up a player that changed the game, no one player can lay more claim to that than the man that singlehandedly necessitated the zone defense, Bullet.. And Irvin's off field exploits kept him out but Taylor was a shoe in.

And another cites his durability as a non-factor, what a fool comparing Stafford, a QB, to a player that has contact on every play.

Write the job description of the Tight End position. Now, who fits that to a T? Ask those TE's that made it if Witten is HOF worthy. But I still don't think he gets in on the 1st ballot, might take some years.

The rule for Cowboys eligible is first to ask one question, do you want him in? I remember the talk when Aikman was up centering around he QB's such a good team, was he deserving? That same talk did not come up about Starr, Bradshaw or Montana and as we know the voters love them some 60's Packers, 70's Steelers and 80's Niners.

The skill position players off the All Decade teams of the 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's are all in the HOF except one player, care to guess which Cowboy has been left off? One player off 7 All Decade teams form all of those skill positions. When they put Drew Pearson in the HOF, then I'll give a damn but until then, forgive my French but F the HOF.

And I want to see Booger put Romo and Witten in the ROH at the same time and if I were doing that, I would pick Monday, November 5th when Witten does his first Cowboys MNF game. Might help give the ratings a boost. My alternate choice would be Thursday, November 29th when the Saints are in town and the guy responsible for Romo being a Cowboy is on the sideline. And neither of them has a game that day. And I think a very classy thing for Booger to do would be to have Parcells, the man that signed them both, participate in the ceremony.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
its stupid to say he doesn't. during the prime of his career, he was at most the 2nd best TE in the league, only to Gonzalez. Even now he is always a top 5 performer. he was also the complete package of blocking and receiving and his stats always ranked among top 5. 11 probowls... 3 time all pro...that doesn't happen by accident. and as for what's his face. he always uses the cowboys to say something negative to get attention. no one in the industry gives a craap about him or what he says, that's already well established.

erod

Reaction score
I seen on NFL.com were Bucky Brooks said that "there was nothing special about Wittens game" and he will not be a 1st ballot HOFer.
Missed one game in 15 years. Doesn't Fourth all time in receptions. Most receptions in Cowboys history.

And your name is Bucky.....

Bucky. Lol

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Every once in awhile a poster in this forum, or a writer outside of it, says something that makes me respect their opinion WAY less going forward.
This is one of those cases.
:muttley:

The important lesson posters should be taking away from your post, DFWJC is, how do we get back in the good graces?

:thumbup:

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
This is assuming you don’t live in Texas. If you do I’m sure more fools would agree with you
Yessiree bob. You done told me good. Maybe one day you can learn me how to move past my stupidity over fact vs. opinion. Down here we not as up on thinking some thing means everyone else does but you got it down. Then you can learn me some of that bigotry you got too. Thx teach

Prime21

Reaction score
Witten is HOFer.

His problem is low YPC and TD numbers. He will be primarily compared to Gates who has huge TD numbers and then guys like Gronk who are big TD scorers.