Star-Trek

Ren

Reaction score
Worst spoiler ever

when they parachute jump reminded me of this

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WJn9Wqm2Ryk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WJn9Wqm2Ryk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

:lmao2:

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Ren;2772814 said:
Worst spoiler ever

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WJn9Wqm2Ryk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WJn9Wqm2Ryk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

I think that was the whole point, as soon as that guy went up on the screen everybody in our theater started laughing cause we knew he was a goner.

Guli

Reaction score
it was poor at best. As a comedy like "How much for just the planet" it was fair, I have read better fan fic. As science Fiction is was poor. As Star Trek it manages to score a negative number. :mad:

The plot had ENORMOUS holes in it. The acting was weak. The writing showed a total lack of comprehension of even simple scientific concepts. You can do that in fantasy not in science fiction.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Guli;2777199 said:
it was poor at best. As a comedy like "How much for just the planet" it was fair, I have read better fan fic. As science Fiction is was poor. As Star Trek it manages to score a negative number. :mad:

The plot had ENORMOUS holes in it. The acting was weak. The writing showed a total lack of comprehension of even simple scientific concepts. You can do that in fantasy not in science fiction.

Bolded part is definitely not true. And science fiction shows lack of simple scientific concepts all the time, especially in tv and movies. There really wasn't anything too blatant in this movie compared to any other. There were some plot holes though...or at least plot stretches.

CliffnDallas

Reaction score
Damn! I had a summer cabin on Mount Seleya. I better talk to my insurance guy. :mad:

Duane

Reaction score
My girlfriend and I saw it yesterday and both really enjoyed it.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Guli;2777199 said:

Please elaborate on these plot holes.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ren;2772814 said:
Worst spoiler ever

:lmao2::bow:

Guli

Reaction score
DallasEast;2777546 said:
Please elaborate on these plot holes.

1 A Star goes super nova The shock wave will be traveling at a fraction of c.
That gives the nearest star system between 80 and 1000 YEARS to evacuate.

2. Parachutes? really? in an age of thrust boots and artificial gravity?

3. Ejecting the core. If I hear someone say that one more time I will start Killing people.

4. Event Horizon. If you are close enough to a black hole that a ship capable of travelling 1000's of times faster than light cannot escape then a tiny little subluminal pop isn't going to do squat.

5. smush Being close proximity to an explosion while the ship is being ripped apart by tidal stresses.

6. Kirks dads ship collision. Movie over everyone go home. Slamming 100's of metrics ton of anything into anything at relativistic velocities means annihilation period. Not even taking into account the antimatter.

7. Do I need to mention chekov

8. Kirk from cadet to captain. Did we just jump a few ranks.

9. spock saw vulcan as big as a moon from a whole other star system?!?!?!

10. The Romulan and Spock's ship go thru a black hole. You do realize a black hole has a star at the center?

This is just a start You want more I have got time.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Guli;2777738 said:

3. Ejecting the core. If I hear someone say that one more time I will start Killing people.

4. Event Horizon. If you are close enough to a black hole that a ship capable of travelling 1000's of times faster than light cannot escape then a tiny little subluminal pop isn't going to do squat.

5. smush Being close proximity to an explosion while the ship is being ripped apart by tidal stresses.

6. Kirks dads ship collision. Movie over everyone go home. Slamming 100's of metrics ton of anything into anything at relativistic velocities means annihilation period. Not even taking into account the antimatter.

10. The Romulan and Spock's ship go thru a black hole. You do realize a black hole has a star at the center?

Which fits every other Star Trek movie stretches

I mean we did have them sling shooting around the Sun as time travel to get whales

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Kangaroo;2777858 said:

I mean we did have them sling shooting around the Sun as time travel to get whales

Captain there be whales here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Kangaroo;2777858 said:

Lets clear this up, they went around the sun, not THROUGH it.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Guli;2777738 said:

None of these are "plot holes." They're scientific errors, which no one cares about, except nerds who try to sound smart.

No idea what you're talking about here.

This wasn't a plot hole. There were apparently several years between him joining Star Fleet (or whatever its called) and when they boarded the USS Enterprise. The movie just skipped forward. No plot hole, you just need to pay more attention.

Was he in another star system? Or was he on another adjacent planet/moon?

No. No one cares. It's not a "plot hole" it's just bad science.

Please, give more, because these are all ****. The only plot hole you pointed out was a result of you not understanding what was going on.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
theogt;2777878 said:
None of these are "plot holes." They're scientific errors, which no one cares about, except nerds who try to sound smart.

No idea what you're talking about here.

This wasn't a plot hole. There were apparently several years between him joining Star Fleet (or whatever its called) and when they boarded the USS Enterprise. The movie just skipped forward. No plot hole, you just need to pay more attention.

Was he in another star system? Or was he on another adjacent planet/moon?

No. No one cares. It's not a "plot hole" it's just bad science.

Please, give more, because these are all ****. The only plot hole you pointed out was a result of you not understanding what was going on.

im just guessing you didnt watch the movie, or just dont understand the original star trek or you dont understand plots in movies, either way good luck with that.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
ShiningStar;2777888 said:
im just guessing you didnt watch the movie, or just dont understand the original star trek or you dont understand plots in movies, either way good luck with that.
Never even watched the original Star Trek, though I'm not sure how dumb you would have to be to think someone couldn't "understand" it.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
theogt;2777891 said:
Never even watched the original Star Trek, though I'm not sure how dumb you would have to be to think someone couldn't "understand" it.

are we down to personal insults Theogt? That doesnt stop your post from being wrong, but again, i dont blame you if you never saw the original, easily this movie was not made for the fans and other people ive talked to all agree it wasnt for fans, it was for people that wanted shiny baubles with the word star trek attached to it.