Star-Trek

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
ShiningStar;2778424 said:
and not even doing a good job. He does try tho. And the sad part is, im not even a true trekkie, but what the heck, he wants to see it as he wants to see it and to heck with evidence or fact.

he's a presumptious guy isn't he?:laugh2:

ShiningStar

Reaction score
JerryAdvocate;2778432 said:
he's a presumptious guy isn't he?:laugh2:

:bow::bow::bow: :lmao2::lmao2:

I was going to add something else, but you know what, you are just classic with your humor as is.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
ShiningStar;2778429 said:
He did not invent "Time travel" Im not even going to get into that one.

What technology or device did he invent and use on the ship?
He invented the technology where they beam from one place to another -- used when they say "beam me up, Scotty." He may have "discovered" the science behind it, but he invented the technology used on the ship. This is discussed when he meets the older Spock.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
theogt;2778436 said:
He invented the technology where they beam from one place to another -- used when they say "beam me up, Scotty." He may have "discovered" the science behind it, but he invented the technology used on the ship. This is discussed when he meets the older Spock.

You're saying Scotty invented teleportation, or the teleport pads?

ShiningStar

Reaction score
He cant answer either way, either something else gives him his idea to make an answer, or he just throws it back in the face of the person whos asking him.

Now you proclaimed that Scotty invented either teleportation or the teleport pads and i want to know which?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
ShiningStar;2778444 said:
He cant answer either way, either something else gives him his idea to make an answer, or he just throws it back in the face of the person whos asking him.

Now you proclaimed that Scotty invented either teleportation or the teleport pads and i want to know which?
I'm not sure they distinguished between the two in the conversation. Why does it matter?

ShiningStar;2778446 said:
No thanks. I don't care to know about the previous versions/history of the show.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
theogt;2778450 said:
I'm not sure they distinguished between the two in the conversation. Why does it matter?

No thanks. I don't care to know about the previous versions/history of the show.

Facts be damned yah? So you just want to go off by what the new movie says and to heck with the rest?

So be it, i understand, its easier that way.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Guli;2777738 said:
1 A Star goes super nova The shock wave will be traveling at a fraction of c.
That gives the nearest star system between 80 and 1000 YEARS to evacuate.

2. Parachutes? really? in an age of thrust boots and artificial gravity?

3. Ejecting the core. If I hear someone say that one more time I will start Killing people.

4. Event Horizon. If you are close enough to a black hole that a ship capable of travelling 1000's of times faster than light cannot escape then a tiny little subluminal pop isn't going to do squat.

5. smush Being close proximity to an explosion while the ship is being ripped apart by tidal stresses.

6. Kirks dads ship collision. Movie over everyone go home. Slamming 100's of metrics ton of anything into anything at relativistic velocities means annihilation period. Not even taking into account the antimatter.

7. Do I need to mention chekov

8. Kirk from cadet to captain. Did we just jump a few ranks.

9. spock saw vulcan as big as a moon from a whole other star system?!?!?!

10. The Romulan and Spock's ship go thru a black hole. You do realize a black hole has a star at the center?

This is just a start You want more I have got time.
Oh, by all means. Knock yourself out.

I've also changed my mind. There are 'plot holes' in every film, television series, etc. which has ever been (or ever will) produced. The latest Star Trek movie is (thus) no different.

Well, I thought that the story flowed from start to finish well, but I should have nit-picked the science (from a 21st century scientific perspective) to death, along with the standard non-use of thruster boots, fictional Starfleet Academy and career advancement policies, yada yada yada. That's entertainment.

It's still a good movie and an equally good reboot on J.J. Abrams part in my opinion (as ignorant as that is). I'm outta this latest "Trash Star Trek" incarnation/thread. And thanks to you, theogt, for saving me the humongous headache. :)

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
ShiningStar;2778452 said:
Facts be damned yah? So you just want to go off by what the new movie says and to heck with the rest?

So be it, i understand, its easier that way.
My goodness, you're dense. The discussion was about plot holes in the CURRENT movie, not the past movies.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
theogt;2778457 said:
My goodness, you're dense. The discussion was about plot holes in the CURRENT movie, not the past movies.

and yet they were giving to you and you didnt even give any a chance you said NAH UH and went from there. I tried to expand for you and bring new light to certain ideas and you shut it out. I cant help it if you dont want to learn or engage in good conversation. I tried and you just want to argue argue argue and insult. Well thats all well and good, if i have to come down to that level, if the elevator goes that far, so be it.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
ShiningStar;2778459 said:
and yet they were giving to you and you didnt even give any a chance you said NAH UH and went from there. I tried to expand for you and bring new light to certain ideas and you shut it out. I cant help it if you dont want to learn or engage in good conversation. I tried and you just want to argue argue argue and insult. Well thats all well and good, if i have to come down to that level, if the elevator goes that far, so be it.
Again, this wasn't a conversation about the older shows. This was a conversation about plot holes in the current one.