Twitter: Stephen believes Dak is a top 2 or 3 quarterback

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He could say they believe in Dak, but when he puts a number on it and mentions a guy like Brady he just sounds like a fool.
It’s 2022….we know he and his father are salesmen. They are always going to try and sell crap to this fanbase.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
There's better things to say that don't make yourself sound stupid like he's doing.

I get it, hype your guy up, but don't say dumb stuff to do it.

It's not hard to say "I think Dak is a top QB in this league" instead of basically saying he's better than everyone but Rodgers and Brady.
We are talking about Stephen and Jerry Jones here. There’s a lot of things they should do or say. But I’m 2022, you guys still get up in arms over it?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
News article:

It looks like Dallas is stuck with Jerry Jones for the foreseeable future.

"#Cowboys owner Jerry Jones to fans frustrated “I’d be mad too” but says “I’ll never sell this team” and says he would be open to a segment on @1053thefan taking calls from fans. also adds shuffling out GMs around the league isn’t the secret to success either. (Enjoy fans)," said Jane Slater.

To be fair, it's not Jerry Jones' fault things haven't come together in Dallas. He doesn't control injuries or how players play. The Cowboys have had everything they need to be a legitimate contender in the NFC, it simply hasn't come together.

With that being said, it looks like Jones made a big mistake sending Amari Cooper to Cleveland. The Cowboys offense simply isn't the same.
Offense sucked at times last year with Coop……

black label

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
I pray rush lights it up and leads us to like a 4-2 record. Makes the Jones’s look bad when they inevitably have to give dak his job back because of money

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Stephen just needs to admit he screwed up our offseason per usual then just SHUT THE HECK UP!

I'm not as down on Dak as some folks, nor as high on him as some others, but this sentence cracks me up:

"We believe Dak is and can be a top 2, top 3 quarterback, we just got to go get the Super Bowl to do it." :facepalm:

They're right in their assessment, folks. You'll see when they get the Super Bowl, says the personnel guy with 3 playoff wins in 26 years.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
There are a few QBs who I consider better than Dak.. but it's not a long list. The fact remains that for the first 5 games of 2020 and then the first 6 games of 2021 Dak was playing the position at as high of a level as it has been played. I have no idea what stopped him from continuing to play at that level but he needs to get back to that. And people really need to put the whole "he needs a strong running game or he can't perform" canard to bed. He hung 450 yards and 3 TDs on Bill Belichick with a pretty pedestrian running game.. and he lit up the Bucs for 400+ yards and 3 TDs while getting like 70 yards of rushing support. So we know he's capable ...we've all seen it. But we've also all seen this disturbing trend over his last 8-10 games where basically better DCs eat his lunch. Now there is no shame in that for a spell.. Good DCs get the reputation for being good DCs.. because.. er they're good .. But at some point Dak has to figure it out. He has to learn what Romo had to learn.. which was how to tell when the D was bluffing a blitz and was really about to drop 8 into coverage. He needs to learn that sometimes you have to run into the 8 man box just to send the message to the defense that you don't care if they put all 11 in the box.. Sometimes we just want to run the damn ball and to hell with what THEY want. He also has to learn to take the short gains when they're there and quit holding onto the damn ball waiting for longer routes to break open . For one thing when the defense basically has your playbook they aint breakin open and for two the line aint holdin up that long.. Get rid of the ball or tuck it and run.. Don't force it into coverage and don't take a sack after 5 seconds of holding the ball. We need 400 yards a game Dak back.. and if we can't get him back 200 yards a game through the air and 50-60 yards on the ground Dak will do just fine. In fact come to think of it I prefer that guy over the 400 yards a game guy. Because I don't want to watch the Mountain West..

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I pray rush lights it up and leads us to like a 4-2 record. Makes the Jones’s look bad when they inevitably have to give dak his job back because of money

Rush isn't going to light up anything. The only legend worse than Garrett Gilbert's almost beat the Steelers is Rush's win at Minnesota.

The Cowboys receiving corp is a joke, and it won't matter who is trying to throw to them. It doesn't help that their OC is delusional.

An undrafted noodle arm QB, who has been cut twice, isn't going to be the savior.

zekecowboy

Reaction score
Stephen just gave us some insight into their personnel decisions. They look at Dak and see a top 3 QB, which explains a lot. :facepalm:

Dak is not a top 3 qb. Dallas will never reach the Super Bowl or for that matter the NFC championship game. He reminds me of Donovan McNabb, Vikings qb back in the day.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Dak is not a top 3 qb. Dallas will never reach the Super Bowl or for that matter the NFC championship game. He reminds me of Donovan McNabb, Vikings qb back in the day.

Donovan McNabb spent most of his career with the Eagles, and actually got his team to a Super Bowl (as an Eagle), which is a lot more than Dak has done.

McNabb's only season with the Vikings was his final one.

jay94

Reaction score
Delusional take, he's not near top 5, top ten we can talk about, but the qb play in the top 5, I'm sorry he's no where near.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
Jerry and Stevie have spent a whole lot of time with the media this week insulting the average fan's intelligence.

Well 90K+ don't mind having their intelligence insulted, as they will turn up on Sunday to watch the game (despite ticket prices rising by 20%).
Jerry and Stephen know what they're doing.
Off the football field that is!