Twitter: Stephen believes Dak is a top 2 or 3 quarterback

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Get ready for the Dak extension to lower the annual cap hits. It's coming.

Not sure about that but this statement makes it very clear fans thinking/hoping Dak's career as a Cowboy is coming to an end, will be disappointed.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure about that but this statement makes it very clear fans thinking/hoping Dak's career as a Cowboy is coming to an end, will be disappointed.
Do you really think he's being honest here?
The only thing he is doing is upping the pressure on Dak and driving the fans to a more negative posture when Dak lays those eggs again esp at home games.
Why would they give Dak or Zeke another contract?
WHY????????????

stinkface

Reaction score
Do you really think he's being honest here?
The only thing he is doing is upping the pressure on Dak and driving the fans to a more negative posture when Dak lays those eggs again esp at home games.
Why would they give Dak or Zeke another contract?
WHY????????????
Zeke will not get another contract here for sure. Dak probably will unless he comes back and promptly gets hurt again. If that happens I think we draft a rookie QB this year because we most likely have a top 3 pick. I see us and the Jag's and the Jets as contenders for that number 1 pick if indeed Dak comes back and either isn't ready or gets hurt. Jag's and Jets won't pick a QB in the draft. They have their QB's. The just need to build around them.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Dak is a Top 3 QB, and even the mention of SB tells everything you need to know. Even spin doesn't sound this delusional. True football people are very realistic, which allows them to fix problems because they accept that there's a problem to fix. This Stephen guy is selling a product, and he's a bad salesman.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke will not get another contract here for sure. Dak probably will unless he comes back and promptly gets hurt again. If that happens I think we draft a rookie QB this year because we most likely have a top 3 pick. I see us and the Jag's and the Jets as contenders for that number 1 pick if indeed Dak comes back and either isn't ready or gets hurt. Jag's and Jets won't pick a QB in the draft. They have their QB's. The just need to build around them.
Unless Rush impresses we are drafting a QB with our #1 pick.
BOOK IT!!!!

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I'm not as down on Dak as some folks, nor as high on him as some others, but this sentence cracks me up:

"We believe Dak is and can be a top 2, top 3 quarterback, we just got to go get the Super Bowl to do it." :facepalm:

They're right in their assessment, folks. You'll see when they get the Super Bowl, says the personnel guy with 3 playoff wins in 26 years.

Which edibles is he using? I wanna try!

terra

Reaction score
There are a few QBs who I consider better than Dak.. but it's not a long list. The fact remains that for the first 5 games of 2020 and then the first 6 games of 2021 Dak was playing the position at as high of a level as it has been played. I have no idea what stopped him from continuing to play at that level but he needs to get back to that. And people really need to put the whole "he needs a strong running game or he can't perform" canard to bed. He hung 450 yards and 3 TDs on Bill Belichick with a pretty pedestrian running game.. and he lit up the Bucs for 400+ yards and 3 TDs while getting like 70 yards of rushing support. So we know he's capable ...we've all seen it. But we've also all seen this disturbing trend over his last 8-10 games where basically better DCs eat his lunch. Now there is no shame in that for a spell.. Good DCs get the reputation for being good DCs.. because.. er they're good .. But at some point Dak has to figure it out. He has to learn what Romo had to learn.. which was how to tell when the D was bluffing a blitz and was really about to drop 8 into coverage. He needs to learn that sometimes you have to run into the 8 man box just to send the message to the defense that you don't care if they put all 11 in the box.. Sometimes we just want to run the damn ball and to hell with what THEY want. He also has to learn to take the short gains when they're there and quit holding onto the damn ball waiting for longer routes to break open . For one thing when the defense basically has your playbook they aint breakin open and for two the line aint holdin up that long.. Get rid of the ball or tuck it and run.. Don't force it into coverage and don't take a sack after 5 seconds of holding the ball. We need 400 yards a game Dak back.. and if we can't get him back 200 yards a game through the air and 50-60 yards on the ground Dak will do just fine. In fact come to think of it I prefer that guy over the 400 yards a game guy. Because I don't want to watch the Mountain West..
Sad to say Stupid one and Stupid two probably are saying the same thing to themselves.
SAD FACT:
You can find MANY pedestrian QBs that had some very excellent games now and then, Or even excellent stretches now and then.
MEANS NOTHING.
To be a top 3 QB you have to play for a couple of FULL years at the least at that level
Daks best year was his rookie year. He has never been as good since.
When he had pretty much all the tools and all the help there was on this offense.
Granted the O line and everything else has not been as good since but Dak has not grown much if at all.
Dak can win a SB; if there is a good enough team around him. He is not like Mahoones or Brady who can make up for lacks elsewhere. Or even Burrow who despite being under pain of death due to his O line constantly last year accomplished a SB run.
At his best he MIGHT be a top 5 QB. MIGHT BE. But there are at least 5 out there I would certainly pick over Dak RIGHT NOW and have for a while.

terra

Reaction score
By the way so many here have forgotten the dolt that was Dak Attack 09. He CERTAINLY thought Dak was the best QB in the NFL and a contender for GOAT.

Brax

Reaction score
I'm not as down on Dak as some folks, nor as high on him as some others, but this sentence cracks me up:

"We believe Dak is and can be a top 2, top 3 quarterback, we just got to go get the Super Bowl to do it." :facepalm:

They're right in their assessment, folks. You'll see when they get the Super Bowl, says the personnel guy with 3 playoff wins in 26 years.

This team is built to win a SB, this team is a championship roster , now it’s Dak is a top 2-3 QB. He’s telling everyone the extension is coming. 27 years must be all bad luck in the Jones eyes no other explanation.

75boyz

Reaction score
The sales angle of over hyping all draft picks made by Dallas will always be a constant.

Sometimes it will even be laughed about publicly as was done when Jerry said he was behind the Parsons pick and Stephen behind the Taco pick. To which, Stephen did not find amusing at all.

It all goes to their marketing sales psychology of selling an inferior product as to be greater than it is.

This applies to both the team as a collective group OR the individual player.

This sales angle may hafta be altered if Prescotts individual performance continues to decline because the amount of money going into his contract and marketing him to be someone he's clearly not is becoming clearer.

It will be interesting to see how firm a ground Jerry and Stephen's marketing foundation is in Dak, the more Dak's individual performance does not support their investment and how the negative publicity that will follow will effect their support.

They are most likely gonna die on that Prescott hill of support and extend his contract again because of Stevie's obsession with his personal play toy, The Cap.

Whatever ultimately happens its gonna be entertaining to watch it all develop this year.

Last edited:

Swagger

Reaction score

:lmao2::lmao::laugh:
Top 2? That would make him better than Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers :facepalm:

Good grief there really is no hope for the next 5 years given the front office are unwilling to open their eyes.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Dak isn’t a top 2 or 3 QB. He is like in the 7-10 range.

That being said. Even if he WAS a top 2 or 3 QB. You still need to put pieces around them to try and win a Super Bowl.

Do the chiefs say to themselves. “We have Mahomes so we can put less OL around him?”

75boyz

Reaction score
Dak isn’t a top 2 or 3 QB. He is like in the 7-10 range.

That being said. Even if he WAS a top 2 or 3 QB. You still need to put pieces around them to try and win a Super Bowl.

Do the chiefs say to themselves. “We have Mahomes so we can put less OL around him?”

No they replaced all 5. Last year.
All 5 starting linemen in one offseason is replaced and Mahommes got them to an AFC title game.

Dak loses Tyron Smith and it looks like he can't even complete a pass.

It shouldn't take an all star o line to be a productive QB.

I'll stick with Jimmy Johnson's opinion on Dak myself.

HungryLion

Reaction score
No they replaced all 5. Last year.
All 5 starting linemen in one offseason is replaced and Mahommes got them to an AFC title game.

Dak loses Tyron Smith and it looks like he can't even complete a pass.

It shouldn't take an all star o line to be a productive QB.

I'll stick with Jimmy Johnson's opinion on Dak myself.

You missed the point entirely. I’m not arguing how good or not Dak is.

I’m saying that no matter how good your QB is. The FO shouldn’t be using the QB as an excuse to not do their job and improve the rest of the team.

75boyz

Reaction score
You missed the point entirely. I’m not arguing how good or not Dak is.

I’m saying that no matter how good your QB is. The FO shouldn’t be using the QB as an excuse to not do their job and improve the rest of the team.

No, I understood.

At the bank Pops and Stevie put into Sleep Number, and if he's in the 7-10 range, I believe he should be able to do a little more with less based on paycheck and supposed QB ranking.

jmo

I understand. Opinions vary widely here.

Brooksey

Reaction score
He looked like the #3 QB for about 6 games last year to start the season
then went back looking like the #32 QB

slick325

Reaction score
Stephen truly believes that Prescott will be a top 2 or 3 QB. This isn't hyperbole at all. Dallas will be paying him as such in a couple of years.

JustChip

Reaction score
They really do believe it. Despite the evidence and lack of any tangible results in the postseason… They are 100% fully committed to Dak.

Except when it comes to putting the pieces around him that he obviously, clearly, and desperately needs lol

Dak’s success has come when he has had an outstanding OL, running game, and skill position players. Without those components— the results are mediocre at best.

It is just bizarre that Stephen declares his belief in Dak over and over again while simultaneously refusing to actually assemble the pieces he needs to have any kind of chance to succeed.
Nothing new. Jerry once driveled that they could play with an inferior offensive line because of Romo’s mobility.