Twitter: Stephen confirms contacting Dolphins about Minkah Fitzpatrick

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Heath is in his final year and this kid is cheap for the next few, so it makes a ton of sense. As previously said, he has the type of build that Richard likes.

I heard David Helman at dallascowboys.com say this morning, he'd gladly give up a 1st and 3rd (or 4th) rounder to get this guy. Get this done Cowboys!

Heath is the SS.

MFitz said he does not want to play SS.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
He has to be on the roster Saturday at 3 pm EST I think , if he is, he can play, if not, then he can't. That's why AB didn't suit up Sunday, he wasn't on the official roster on Saturday.

I see. Well, if we can get this trade done before then, we should be in great shape.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see. Well, if we can get this trade done before then, we should be in great shape.
The Cowboys would not be in a rush to get him in this weeks game.

If the Cowboys acquired him, they would slowly work him into game action over time.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The Cowboys would not be in a rush to get him in this weeks game.

If the Cowboys acquired him, they would slowly work him into game action over time.

I'd imagine they wouldn't be. But, they might let him see the field for a bit just to see what he does with our defence.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
This would be a HUGE get if we got him. We'd likely see an Amari-like turnaround. I believe the kid is THAT good.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It's the Amari Cooper argument all over again. Gil Brandt mentioned there was not a WR available in the 1st round who was going to be as good as Amari. He ended up being right. Marquis Brown (fast but small) and N'Keal Harry were the only two WR's that went in the first round.

Is Minkah better than any safety we could draft in 2020? Grant Delpit (LSU) is a game changer, but he's going top 8. Are we drafting top 8? Probably not. I'm intrigued by guys like Xavier McKinney (Alabama), Brandon Jones (Texas), and Alohi Gilman (Notre Dame) but would not rank them ahead of the 22-year old Fitzpatrtick.

I hear you there, but I'd try to see if they'll bite on Taco and a 2nd before we go there. Cuz I'd like to use that 1 on a DT or DE if possible.

robbieruff

Reaction score
Why are the Dolphins letting an 11th pick go? Taco syndrome?
Fire sale. What happens when u get dropped 59 points at home in opening weekend. Resetting everything and getting draft capital.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
The current coaching staff doesn’t know what to do with him. Why? I don’t know lol

But they’ve asked him to play 6! Yes, 6 different positions this year including linebacker

Wow the Byron Jones treatment...

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The Dolphins need to tell Minkak to pack an extra big suitcase when the Dolphins travel to Texas in week 3 because he is staying with us. Not for a first unless they will settle for Taco as a first, that's what we gave up for him.

I could live with player for player with a mid-rounder thrown in by us.

Gremell12

Reaction score
People believe this is normal, of course, IF YOU ARE INTERESTED. How many times have we seen the cowboys not show interest in someone who we believe could be helpful to this team winning a Super Bowl? This a step in the right direction. Byron is in a contract year. Awuzie and Browns deals are coming up too... he can guard tight ends. This. Is. Good.