Twitter: Stephen confirms contacting Dolphins about Minkah Fitzpatrick

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I think it could affect Byron Jones. I don't see Fitzpatrick as a SS in the Kam Chancellor mold. I see him as a great press/slot corner.

You know? You may have just said the piece we may need to give up. I think Byron is a good player, but I think Fitzpatrick is better. Perhaps that's how we can get Fitzpatrick here. Besides, Byron, I think, is on his last year. By doing this, I think we'd be able to get away with almost player for player as Byron would be the later draft pick.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
At what position?
Free safety or even corner. I know he said he doesn't want to play safety. I think he doesn't want to play for the Dolphins.
And even though he's versatile, he's not a strong safety. I think if he's moved back to his true position, he can be a shutdown corner.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I only hope the Jones boys don't micromanage themselves into a bad situation/player as they've been known to do, especially just when we're starting to roll. I've never heard of this guy and also wonder why the Dolphins want to ditch him.
Ive have not heard of him either, but Miami is in rebuild mode, going to take few years, so what good does a good safety do for them now and in near future???
When a team is rebuilding they will trade good players for picks, depending on the position.
That is what Gruden did in Oakland.

CowboyJ70

Reaction score
Fake account, should have double checked before posting.

Mike Guerreo (@MikeGuerreoESPN) Tweeted:
The Dallas Cowboys are trading DE Taco Charlton and a 2nd round pick to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for TE OJ Howard, sources tell ESPN. Both are former 1st round draft selections.

^^ this made laugh real hard as well:laugh:

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys are trading DE Taco Charlton and a 2nd round pick to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for TE OJ Howard, sources tell ESPN. Both are former 1st round draft selections.

Okay, that scared the **** out of me for a moment.

blueblood70

Reaction score

IS THIS TRUE? if so maybe thats our answer at TE but for what Depth?..Shultz cut or to PS? and then what whos snaps does he take, Jarwin is getting better by the game and we have witten..I remember for long while OJ was hyped on this site as a must have..

Reaction score
You know? You may have just said the piece we may need to give up. I think Byron is a good player, but I think Fitzpatrick is better. Perhaps that's how we can get Fitzpatrick here. Besides, Byron, I think, is on his last year. By doing this, I think we'd be able to get away with almost player for player as Byron would be the later draft pick.

Unfortunately, I think MIA is really looking for picks, not a guy in last year of contract about to get paid

blueblood70

Reaction score
Cheapskate Stephen probably underwhelmed them with an offer.
after what we gave for Amari? you say this?

we paid Tank and Zeke top dollar, gave LC and JS great deals..

Brought in Cobb and Quinn in FA..

that old narrative is getting old...they dont take risks unless its for something big..

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
IS THIS TRUE? if so maybe thats our answer at TE but for what Depth?..Shultz cut or to PS? and then what whos snaps does he take, Jarwin is getting better by the game and we have witten..I remember for long while OJ was hyped on this site as a must have..

No, I don't know who he is, but he just makes up ****

Reaction score

Fake. 95 followers. LOL

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I think MIA is really looking for picks, not a guy in last year of contract about to get paid

Well, true, that's where Taco and a 2nd comes in. But, Byron gives them an extra pick later that could become a 3rd if he gets the sort of money I think he's after. Idk, Taco and a 2nd probably is the most sensible offer I'd make if I was Stephen.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
This reminds me of 1992 when we were a DE and S away from the Super Bowl. Jimmy Johnson got Haley and .....Thomas Everett.

If the Cowboys can pull of a trade for a 11th overall 1st round S out of Alabama, coached by Saban, with a National Championship ring. I am all for that. That may be better than signing my Eric Berry as for a youth and long term out look. He is a playmaker: Fitzpatrick broke the Alabama Crimson Tide all-time record for career interceptions returned for a touchdown (4)

But the Cowboys need a Safety and a DT. Maybe they will give them a Taco and seal the deal.

CowboyJ70

Reaction score
No this guy is not real. Bogus account.