Twitter: Stephen Jones admits they would have reached for a cornerback had Horn or Surtain been there

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
yep, that defense was amazing in the previous years before Brady arrived in Bucs world. They made the playoffs,......... exactly zero times in the previous 12 years prior to Brady. Cant imagine how poor they would have done if they didnt have that D.

The Coach had a lot to do with that also, with a capable QB his offense is good....with a Historic TO ratio QB no defense could help him....he is not known for letting his defense win the game. He literally kept letting Winston toss the rock 35 times a game with that D.....it was crazy.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Defense matters..Bob posted a great thread on how our GM views defense....
Well of course it does.

Unless you are Reid1Boys model GM and then you only need to draft Marino, sit on your hands and wait for luck to play out because 50/50 equality of outcome or something something.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
yep, that defense was amazing in the previous years before Brady arrived in Bucs world. They made the playoffs,......... exactly zero times in the previous 12 years prior to Brady. Cant imagine how poor they would have done if they didnt have that D.
So it was the same defense all 4 years? Same Coach? That is news to me

"Well they sucked in 2019, blah blah"

So did the 1989 Cowboys

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Wins since 1995
1 New England
2 Green Bay
3 Pittsburgh
4 Indianapolis
5 Denver
6 Seattle
7 Kansas City
8 Philadelphia
9 Baltimore
10 Minnesota

Wins Since 2000
1 New England
2 Pittsburgh
3 Green Bay
4 Indianapolis
5 Baltimore
6 New Orleans
7 Philadelphia
8 Seattle
9 Denver
10 Kansas City

Wins Since 2010

1 New England
2 Green Bay
3 Pittsburgh
4 Seattle
5 New Orleans
6 Kansas City
7 Baltimore
8 Denver
9 Atlanta
10 Indianapolis

12 different teams appear in the top 10 over the las 25 years. This is organizational parity. Luck of the draw

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Wins since 1995
1 New England
2 Green Bay
3 Pittsburgh
4 Indianapolis
5 Denver
6 Seattle
7 Kansas City
8 Philadelphia
9 Baltimore
10 Minnesota

Wins Since 2000
1 New England
2 Pittsburgh
3 Green Bay
4 Indianapolis
5 Baltimore
6 New Orleans
7 Philadelphia
8 Seattle
9 Denver
10 Kansas City

Wins Since 2010

1 New England
2 Green Bay
3 Pittsburgh
4 Seattle
5 New Orleans
6 Kansas City
7 Baltimore
8 Denver
9 Atlanta
10 Indianapolis

12 different teams appear in the top 10 over the las 25 years. This is organizational parity. Luck of the draw

Wins Since 2000
1 New England Brady HOF
2 Pittsburgh Big Ben HOF
3 Green Bay Favre Rodgers HOF HOF
4 Indianapolis Manning HOF, Luck was a top QB in his short window of playing
5 Baltimore Historical Defense..... but this is one of the exceptions
6 New Orleans Brees HOF
7 Philadelphia Mcnabb Likely HOF
8 Seattle Great Run with a short window defense and Russel Wilson
9 Denver 4 year incredible stretch with Manning...... see Colts
10 Kansas City Always solid, never SB worthy Im sure they popped into this category with the last 3 years of 12plus wins per season with Mahomes

Since 2000 you needed to be avg for about 5 to 6 of those season, and hit gold with your QB and you are gonna be in this top 10 list. Watch How quickly the Saints, Pats, Colts, Eagles and we already know where Denver is since they have all lost the magic QB that put them in this list, watch how quickly the drop off this list of yours.

The Saints, Pats still have the same genius coach...... all of the sudden they are gonna come down with Dementia and forget how to coach. Early onset Alzheimer's was already present in Billy Boy last year.... it will be in full blow mode this year.

And what do you know.... just like Ive said, 80%(essentially) of those teams on your list since 2000 have HOF Qbs during much of the run that put them on that list.

Go wback and do your little game again starting in 1970 and you will see very similar stuff happening...... and the teams that will be in your little top 10 wins list will all have HOF Qbs running the show also.

I like to use your 2000 and beyond numbers the most though. The NFL has changed so drastically with the cap, free agency and rules that it is really hard to apply some set standard across all of those decades.

Do me a favor.... list your top 10 all time coaches, and watch how quickly Ill list a HOF qb right by their name that played for them..... I know , i know, they were all QB whisperers, right?

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Wins Since 2000
1 New England Brady HOF
2 Pittsburgh Big Ben HOF
6 New Orleans Brees HOF
10 Kansas City Always solid, never SB worthy Im sure they popped into this category with the last 3 years of 12plus wins per season with Mahomes

Since 2000 you needed to be avg for about 5 to 6 of those season, and hit gold with your QB and you are gonna be in this top 10 list. Watch How quickly the Saints, Pats, Colts, Eagles and we already know where Denver is since they have all lost the magic QB that put them in this list, watch how quickly the drop off this list of yours.

The Saints, Pats still have the same genius coach...... all of the sudden they are gonna come down with Dementia and forget how to coach. Early onset Alzheimer's was already present in Billy Boy last year.... it will be in full blow mode this year.

And what do you know.... just like Ive said, 80%(essentially) of those teams on your list since 2000 have HOF Qbs during much of the run that put them on that list.

Go wback and do your little game again starting in 1970 and you will see very similar stuff happening...... and the teams that will be in your little top 10 wins list will all have HOF Qbs running the show also.

I like to use your 2000 and beyond numbers the most though. The NFL has changed so drastically with the cap, free agency and rules that it is really hard to apply some set standard across all of those decades.

Do me a favor.... list your top 10 all time coaches, and watch how quickly Ill list a HOF qb right by their name that played for them..... I know , i know, they were all QB whisperers, right?

McNabb "Likely HOF" :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

So you just dismiss the team compiled to support the QB. Dismiss the NE Def, the Pitt Def, Arians there for 2 years, KC, etc.

Who hires the coaches? Who puts together the defenses and support staff? I mean at some point we will get to the competency of GMs and FO - you are at QBs, now coaches, just keep on track. Phillip Rivers is considered HOF - where is Dallas West, errrrr the Chargers? Where is Deshaun Watson? How did Denver win with Jake and Tim Tebow?

And by the way, which GM lost a HOFQB and then drafted or signed 3 straight baseball players, a former #2 wash out drug addict immature QB before having an UDFA gifted? Remember who thought we were only a knuckle curve and passing the shower eye test away?

Blind Luck. Like hitting on " Let it Ride"

Jake Plummer: 4 years in Denver : 10-6; 10-6, 13-3 9-7

Only need a QB

Pitt has had the same GM since 2001 and all about Ben. That #1 D never did anything, K Warner - HOF; Ben HOF. The rest of the team was irrelevant - including Harrison going 97 yards before the half on a TO.

Last edited:

Reid1boys

Reaction score

So you just dismiss the team compiled to support the QB. Dismiss the NE Def, the Pitt Def, Arians there for 2 years, KC, etc.

Who hires the coaches? Who puts together the defenses and support staff? I mean at some point we will get to the competency of GMs and FO - you are at QBs, now coaches, just keep on track. Phillip Rivers is considered HOF - where is Dallas West, errrrr the Chargers? Where is Deshaun Watson? How did Denver win with Jake and Tim Tebow?

And by the way, which GM lost a HOFQB and then drafted or signed 3 straight baseball players, a former #2 wash out drug addict immature QB before having an UDFA gifted? Remember who thought we were only a knuckle curve and passing the shower eye test away?

Only need a QB

Pitt has had the same GM since 2001 and all about Ben. That #1 D never did anything, K Warner - HOF; Ben HOF. The rest of the team was irrelevant - including Harrison going 97 yards before the half on a TO.
Once again... you dont listen. I said if you want to QUOTE ME, fine, quote me and then you can rip apart my argument. If not, stop putting words in my mouth.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Wins Since 2000
1 New England Brady HOF
2 Pittsburgh Big Ben HOF
6 New Orleans Brees HOF

Remember when Miami's GM didnt sign Brees due to the shoulder. Good Call. How did Miami fair?

Weren't you the guy spouting about learning statistics? Now you just dismiss statistically significant data points on a whim?

This is sad

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Once again... you dont listen. I said if you want to QUOTE ME, fine, quote me and then you can rip apart my argument. If not, stop putting words in my mouth.
"McNabb Likely HOF" is a direct quote. :lmao2:

Reid1boys

Reaction score

Only need a QB

Is McNabb a Hall of Famer?

Andy Reid says yes: “I was there, I know he belongs there,” he said in Chiefs training camp last summer.

I bet you say Reid is a tremendous football mind, and he says McNabb should be in the HOF... but you laugh because YOU know better than Reid, who will surely be a HOF coach after this run with Mahomes puts him in elite company.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Is McNabb a Hall of Famer?

Andy Reid says yes: “I was there, I know he belongs there,” he said in Chiefs training camp last summer.

I bet you say Reid is a tremendous football mind, and he says McNabb should be in the HOF... but you laugh because YOU know better than Reid, who will surely be a HOF coach after this run with Mahomes puts him in elite company.
HOF coach, potential HOF QB and Never seemed to get over the hump

Then the GM brings in TO and they make it to the SB on TOs boken ankle and the HOF QB pukes and runs out of gas.

How was Philly's defense during that run?

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
yes... that part... not the rest of your BS
What specifically in all of those data points is BS?

I am awaiting your 'stats". It was "all you need is a QB" to then "Well, HOF QB and HOF coach"; yeah 20-25% of the time it may not be the QB but it a Historically great "Team" compiled from fairy dust. Oh, and when two HOF QBs meet? Again, luck of the draw. NE def had nothing to help Brady over Manning, Ben over Warner, etc. There is absolutely nothing on your side deeper than 1 layer of onion skin

Last edited:

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Remember when Miami's GM didnt sign Brees due to the shoulder. Good Call. How did Miami fair?

Weren't you the guy spouting about learning statistics? Now you just dismiss statistically significant data points on a whim?

This is sad

another crap shoot..... so the GM in New Orleans, that had nothing to lose because they were atrocious........so he is desperate and takes a shot on Brees. Wasnt the amazing football mind Nick Saban in Miami when Brees worked out for them, and they decided to not take a shot???? How many teams wanted Brees after his surgery? You have to have at least 5 good GMs out there at that time right? But only the Saints wanted him? why? Because they had NOTHING TO LOSE.
There are decision made like passing on Brees all the time. Remember Sam Bowie was drafted over Michael Jordan? Because it was obvious to anyone with a brain the Michael Jordan coming out of UNC was gonna become Air Jordan, right?

But because one GM took a shot on Brees and it worked out.... boy, hes hands down better than other GMs.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
What specifically in all of those data points is BS?

I am awaiting your 'stats". It was "all you need is a QB" to then "Well, HOF QB and HOF coach"; yeah 20-25% of the time it may not be the QB but it a Historically great "Team" compiled from fairy dust. Oh, and when two HOF QBs meet? Again, luck of the draw. NE def had nothing to help Brady over Manning, Ben over Warner, etc. There is absolutely nothing on your side deeper than 1 layer of onion skin

IM done with you since you dont listen. Since you put me in quotes saying " All you need is a QB," go back and find the post where I said that.

Do you know what quotations are used for? Obviously not. Later, Dude.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
you ever take statistics? Bell shaped curve... it applies pretty well for NFL rosters.
Here's 1

You dont even know what a bell shaped curve is or you would allow for QB talent to skew a fat tail for your HOF QBs

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
yawn... I can name 28 GMs that have done jack and wont do Jack.. thats why 5 or so get fired every year. Then a team hits the magic pill that solves all Ills ( a stud QB) and all of the sudden the GM is a genius. Next GM to be great is in Charger land.
Her's 2
So 4 GMs are cream of the crop

Not a bell curve

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Well what qualifies one to be a "Gm?" John Elway became GM because of his God like status in Denver and his relationship with Pat Bowlen. He had ZERO management experience.

Besides lucking into Manning, what has he done?

So go ahead and name me 5 top current GMs in todays game.
Here is another.

And apparently you have 4 in your mind for that Bell curve

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
The great Steelers GM.... Ben Rothlisberger.... look at how great the steelers are when Big Ben is out.
The great Bucs GM... ZERO playoff appearances in Buc land prior to the GOAT QB showing up. in 6 NON BRADY seasons the bucs finished in LAST PLACE in the division 4 times.... Let me say this again... not a single playoff appearance prior to brady ZERO.
Chiefs... JACK SQUAT until Mahomes showed up.
Colts GM ran teams are 32-32 since taking over with 3rd, 2nd, 3rd, 2nd divisional finishes.... yawn. But he drafted a couple of all pro players, so hes a genius.
Billy Boy.... the GOAT left, and he crashed to earth like Ive been saying would happen for years. He still has no qb, and his team is gonna suck arse this year again. No qb makes billy boy just another guy.

Like I said... all the same, just another guy, all great when they strike the QB, all suck arse when they have no QB.

The bucs GM????? Really??? thats horrible... HORRIBLE. IM sure if Winston stuck around, that great D would have still taken them to a title though.... bahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahha
Another
Chiefs appear in top 10 wins over last 25, 20 and 10 years. Mahomes may have been in diapers.

And Bellicheck - JAG. Went 11-5 with Matt Cassell and 7-9 with no rotator cuff Cam

BTW, Parcells took Quincy Carter to the playoffs.. Game set match

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
You know how many GMs that are "qualified," haven't been to a super bowl? Wont ever be in a super bowl? And have less success than the Cowboys? There is no science to building and drafting great players. The GMs that look amazing are the ones that hit with a qb? The Chargers gm is about to be considered great.