Stephen Jones on Dak's contract

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Dak will get an extension. No doubt in my mind. Trading him or flat out releasing him would mean that they admit Prescott cannot get them to the promised land. Jerry and Stephen are too prideful for that.
It would also mean a shift in other players, that cap hit is not small.... getting Jerry to go through ANY kind of "Rebuild" is probably not in the cards..

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Go on record and say Dak will win a Super Bowl then. If you don't think he'll win a Super Bowl then what are you doing exactly? We have 5 of them, that is the standard. If a QB can't win a Super Bowl you should not be rooting for an extension.
What your describing is a bandwagon fan, only root for them if you think they'll win the Super Bowl? True fans root for their team regardless.

Doesn't mean you can't express your opinion if you like or hate the decision. I don't know if Dak will win a Super Bowl, all we know is his story is still being told. I hope he can win a Super Bowl, as should any Cowboys fan but whether if he gets an extension or not doesn't change if I will root for the Cowboys or not.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
This fan base was divided before Dak. Now it’s probably worse now but if you’ve been a fan for awhile you know how it was with Romo as well.

The GM is a much and most likely more responsible along with spoiled fans
With Romo, I could always understand people lack of faith in him and the criticism. People weren't labeled haters just because they didn't like Romo.

starfan1

Reaction score
With Romo, I could always understand people lack of faith in him and the criticism. People weren't labeled haters just because they didn't like Romo.
You have a selective memory I believe sir. I’ve been posting here and at the ranch since 2005 and hater was a staple word used for the qb and this one

InDakEyeBack

Reaction score
What your describing is a bandwagon fan, only root for them if you think they'll win the Super Bowl? True fans root for their team regardless.

Doesn't mean you can't express your opinion if you like or hate the decision. I don't know if Dak will win a Super Bowl, all we know is his story is still being told. I hope he can win a Super Bowl, as should any Cowboys fan but whether if he gets an extension or not doesn't change if I will root for the Cowboys or not.
Some of the Dak fans are rubbing it in our face that he's getting an extension, but why? What has he done to deserve that kind of praise? Nothing. At best everyone should be on the fence about it because he hasn't done anything in the playoffs.

Also many on the board seem to equate loving the QB to loving the team. If you don't like say a cornerback and want them replaced you're not called a fair weather fan. But if you don't love the QB with all your heart go root for another team. it's idiotic.

Like if i say I'm not a Pollard fan, does that make me a Dallas Cowboy hater? No one says that, it only applies to Dak.

Trajan

Reaction score
Dak will most likely get an extension, the Cowboys really must do so, to lower his cap hit. It is the math of Dak’s current deal, and there is no easy way out of it, unless he accepts a trade.

We really need a quality WR and TE to help Dak, imo.

InDakEyeBack

Reaction score
Dak will most likely get an extension, the Cowboys really must do so, to lower his cap hit. It is the math of Dak’s current deal, and there is no easy way out of it, unless he accepts a trade.

We really need a quality WR and TE to help Dak, imo.
They can cut him and it would save 35 million in cap space, but they won't.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Some of the Dak fans are rubbing it in our face that he's getting an extension, but why? What has he done to deserve that kind of praise? Nothing. At best everyone should be on the fence about it because he hasn't done anything in the playoffs.

Also many on the board seem to equate loving the QB to loving the team. If you don't like say a cornerback and want them replaced you're not called a fair weather fan. But if you don't love the QB with all your heart go root for another team. it's idiotic.

Like if i say I'm not a Pollard fan, does that make me a Dallas Cowboy hater? No one says that, it only applies to Dak.
you seem kinda new here so it can seem that way, there is a small group on both sides that come here to joust about Dak..thinking the whole forum is split like that is wrong.. most of us want Dak to have a good year because that helps the team but also understand an upgrade if possible would also help the team...

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
They can cut him and it would save 35 million in cap space, but they won't.
it would cost them 35 mill also. for a couple years.. I think your thinking they are already paying him 50 mill wich they are not, they dont have the funds to allocate all that AND sign some of the young talent they need to sign..again there is no easy way forward..

Havic

Reaction score
Cut him, take the cap hit next year, and start Lance. We don't need to pay big money to a bus driver. Plenty of bus drivers out there who are a fraction of the cost then we can use that money to build a roster around them.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Cut him, take the cap hit next year, and start Lance. We don't need to pay big money to a bus driver. Plenty of bus drivers out there who are a fraction of the cost then we can use that money to build a roster around them.
you can do that, but you also gonna pay for it for 2 years and NOT be able to sign some others that you want to keep.. in that case just draft a QB trade your assets and try a 2 year rebuild around a high pick rook...good luck getting JJ to sign off on a rebuild though..

InDakEyeBack

Reaction score
it would cost them 35 mill also. for a couple years.. I think your thinking they are already paying him 50 mill wich they are not, they dont have the funds to allocate all that AND sign some of the young talent they need to sign..again there is no easy way forward..
He's currently set to make 60 million next season with no extension, if he's cut it reduces 35 million. So it'll cost you 25 million to cut him.

But yes it'll cost 36 million in dead cap for 2025 also if you cut him. They're not going to do that.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/dak-prescott-19089/

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's currently set to make 60 million next season with no extension, if he's cut it reduces 35 million. So it'll cost you 25 million to cut him.

But yes it'll cost 36 million in dead cap for 2025 also if you cut him. They're not going to do that.
200w.gif

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
he was never gonna see that 60 mill, thats my point, your not saving because you never alloted for paying 35 mill 2 years without him.. you have several young players needing BIG contracts comming up and some major needs from a draft your already low on picks in...unless Dak agrees to a trade in which the other team helps with the money owed your options are not good other than Dak performing this year and extending him... cutting him almost certainly brings on a rebuild of some sorts..and again I'm not totally against it but JJ would never do it..

Kingofholland

Reaction score

I don't expect everyone to like every player that's fine. I hated TO and didn't like bringing him here, but didn't stop being a fan because I didn't like him. If you look at the post I replied to the comment was about ending their fandom if Dak got an extension. That's not fandom if you truly think about abandonding their team over 1 player.

It seems we're on the same page that dislike for certain players shouldn't get in the way of being a true fan.

Trajan

Reaction score

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The term was not used as frequently with Romo but it had been thrown around quite a bit. Personally, I wish some terms would cycle out and retire. 'Pollyanna' used to be thrown into many replies but it is rarely used now.

InDakEyeBack

Reaction score
I was here under a different account in 2016. It was heated between Romo backers and Dak backers. I was on Dak's side (would still be if he continued to play as well as he did his rookie year) I think Romo loyalists couldn't believe Romo wouldn't have the starting job back when he was healthy but they gave it to Dak.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
You have a selective memory I believe sir. I’ve been posting here and at the ranch since 2005 and hater was a staple word used for the qb and this one
I was on a bit of a hiatus on here, but I live in Dallas and plenty of people at work weren't romo believers. I think anyone who can't take criticism about who the current quarterback is, is a homer.

starfan1

Reaction score
I was on a bit of a hiatus on here, but I live in Dallas and plenty of people at work weren't romo believers. I think anyone who can't take criticism about who the current quarterback is, is a homer.
I also believe it’s our culture as a whole we are devisive and hater is a common word used on social media and forums and such