Stephen Jones on Dak's contract

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
The term was not used as frequently with Romo but it had been thrown around quite a bit. Personally, I wish some terms would cycle out and retire. 'Pollyanna' used to be thrown into many replies but it is rarely used now.
Criticism about Romo throwing too many interceptions and being fragile were valid. Can't argue with something that is valid. Criticisms about Dak holding onto the ball too long and taking the sack is also valid. Which is funny, because when Dak first was in the league he had the instincts and looked to have Romo's Jedi like abilities to avoid the pass rush. It looks like they coached that out of him and Dak improved in other areas, but that is definitely one thing he lost.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Yeah, the Eagles are so thrilled about continuing to face a QB who has an 8-3 record against them!

That 40-piece Dak put on their defense to ruin their Christmas? They totally want more of that!!!
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
I'm sure they were thinking and crying about it as they prepared to go the SB.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Criticism about Romo throwing too many interceptions and being fragile were valid. Can't argue with something that is valid. Criticisms about Dak holding onto the ball too long and taking the sack is also valid. Which is funny, because when Dak first was in the league he had the instincts and looked to have Romo's Jedi like abilities to avoid the pass rush. It looks like they coached that out of him and Dak improved in other areas, but that is definitely one thing he lost.
true "Keep your eye downfield" somehow negated "If you cant pick up a yard then throw the ball away".. he takes too many Sacks outside the tackle box..

starfan1

Reaction score
true "Keep your eye downfield" somehow negated "If you cant pick up a yard then throw the ball away".. he takes too many Sacks outside the tackle box..
The funny thing is we’ll actually not funny he seems to roll into them

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With Romo, I could always understand people lack of faith in him and the criticism. People weren't labeled haters just because they didn't like Romo.
The word HATE (as it marries well with other social issues) should be disallowed in these lovely forums of ours as it doesn't relate to NFL football!!!!

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
With any luck Jones won't get bent over by Dak and his agent again.
Its not really luck, thats the issue, its whats plan a, b, c if things dont go your way when negotiating...I'm only confident in the fact our negotiators have no plan b and c...Daks agent holds all the cards until they do...Plans Jerry wont do ..be without a "Franchise" QB, ANY kind of rebuild, hire a GM and hold him to a 5 year success plan.. you know the normal things well run organizations do..

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Its not really luck, thats the issue, its whats plan a, b, c if things dont go your way when negotiating...I'm only confident in the fact our negotiators have no plan b and c...Daks agent holds all the cards until they do...Plans Jerry wont do ..be without a "Franchise" QB, ANY kind of rebuild, hire a GM and hold him to a 5 year success plan.. you know the normal things well run organizations do..
That's the problem, Jerry always likes our guys.

RoboQB

Reaction score
The word HATE (as it marries well with other social issues) should be disallowed in these lovely forums of ours as it doesn't relate to NFL football!!!!
Totally disagree here. There are PLENTY of rules and restrictions already.
If I'm called a hater for being critical of QB play on a team
which this entire forum is based upon, it only makes those using the word, hater, look like the clown they are.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I agree it should be moderated because its a personal attack
No that is a discription of intensity for a personal feeling...no one is required to like anyone in a conversation. You too lazy to talk out causes?

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because that's not typically when it's done. After this season, and right before the last year of a player's contract is when most extensions are handed out. The restructured his contract before the season started. That means he's not getting an extension on top of that. That wouldn't make sense.
How long have u been following Jerry Jones?

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Yeah, Dak has to win the games all by himself. Dak has to block for himself, run for himself while catching a pass thrown to himself, then score all by himself. Then he has to play Defense as well and stop the opponent from scoring all by himself.
Didn't you say at some point today that Dak beat the Chargers all by himself?

K, I went back and checked. You said this right before 6am Central time this morning... "No, he's right. Where were you, him and all the others after last Monday night's game? Dak carried and won that game. Where were y'all?"

You actually do think Dak wins the games all by himself. I wonder, though, if you credit him for the wins, why does he never get any blame in your eyes for the losses?

Last edited:

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
In order who I wish would leave-Jerry-Stephen-McCarthy-McClay-Dak.....Dak might could be saved with new regime-"maybe"????

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
In order who I wish would leave-Jerry-Stephen-McCarthy-McClay-Dak.....Dak might could be saved with new regime-"maybe"????
McClay.. McClay needs full control..Jerry should give him the reigns with a 5 year "Get it done or be gone" contract..he wont..but he should..hire the coach get the players you and the coach decide on and give it a go..