Video: Stephen Jones on Dez!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Spend 19 on DT, then trade up into the bottom of the first and take Luke Falk. I'm sure this is an unpopular opinion, but i think the array of throws this kid displayed and that he is a senior is a worthy gamble. Word is he is already getting a lot of attention from NE. Senior Bowl is this weekend.

I looked at one QB draft ranking and USA today had Luke Falk ranked 8th. You seem to be hung on him and trading up for him in the first round would be a very unpopular opinion. We tried trading back into the first round for Paxton Lynch a couple years ago and what a mistake that would’ve been had we been able to do it. He can’t even beat out the scrubs they have in Denver. Had Dak been drafted in the first round no one here would be giving up on him this quick.

Verdict

Reaction score
Gladly....

• Our offense is predictable.
  • Dez is a shell of his former self.
  • Some of our fans are afflicted with the same "Cantletgoitis" that affects our front office.
  • Dez is a crybaby.
  • Dez is a veteran.
  • Dez should be leading by example.
  • Dez likes whine with his cheese.
  • Dez drops balls.
  • Dez led the league in dropped balls in 2017.
  • Dez loves Dez.
  • Dez got lazy after the big contract.
  • Dez runs lazy routes.
  • Dez and his lazy routes fool no one.
  • Dez's lazy routes contribute to zero separation.
  • Dez gon Dez.
  • Bye Dez.

Nice! I like it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If you offered up picking a QB in the mid rounds as an alternative from the beginning I would’ve been all for that. Dak had a great rookie season leading us to the playoffs and was having a solid 2017 season until Zeke was suspended and Tyron started missing games. He only cost us a fourth round pick and with the potential he’s shown we need to give him a chance to bounce back.

Rush showed some potential in preseason and we can always take a QB in the fourth round or later. We need to reserve our first two picks for players that can start next season so we can improve. That’s the smart approach.
That would definitely be the more conservative or logical approach but then Jerry maintaining his stranglehold on football operations and coaching staff isn’t very smart or logical either .

I’m looking for more extreme measures to elevate our talent in key positions which I believe is best way to overcome our dysfunctional football franchise .

Look what investing 1st rd picks did for our OL and RB. How could we not want a more talented elite QB?

When I see what the talent level of Elliott brings I can’t help but think what closer to that talent level would bring at QB especially when I see what Goff and Wentz did for those franchises. That’s what I want !!

Verdict

Reaction score
If they cut Dez, he is going to light it up somewhere else if he goes to team with a good QB. He needs an elite QB in order to showcase his unique skills.

He's a terrible fit for Dak. They don't complement each other at all.

It's a stretch to assume that Dez sucking three years in a row is all Dak's fault. I think it's more likely a Dez goes somewhere else (if they will take his pouting ***) and he will continue to suck there as well.

Verdict

Reaction score
I looked at one QB draft ranking and USA today had Luke Falk ranked 8th. You seem to be hung on him and trading up for him in the first round would be a very unpopular opinion. We tried trading back into the first round for Paxton Lynch a couple years ago and what a mistake that would’ve been had we been able to do it. He can’t even beat out the scrubs they have in Denver. Had Dak been drafted in the first round no one here would be giving up on him this quick.

That's most likely true.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That would definitely be the more conservative or logical approach but then Jerry maintaining his stranglehold on football operations and coaching staff isn’t very smart or logical either .

I’m looking for more extreme measures to elevate our talent in key positions which I believe is best way to overcome our dysfunctional football franchise .

When I see what the talent level of Elliott brings I can’t help but think what closer to that talent level would bring at QB especially when I see what Goff and Wentz did for those franchises. That’s what I want !!

None of the QBs in this draft bring the talent level to their position that Zeke brings to his. According to the draft experts I’ve listened to there’s not a Goff or Wentz in this draft. You keep bringing those two QBs up but there’s not a QB in this draft that’s equivalent to them. Can you not see that? One of these QBs could eventually turn into something special in the NFL but It’s anyone’s guess which QB that will be if any. You’re looking for extreme measures when we already have a talented young QB. You take extreme measures when you don’t have a QB.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
None of the QBs in this draft bring the talent level to their position that Zeke brings to his. According to the draft experts I’ve listened to there’s not a Goff or Wentz in this draft. One of these QBs could eventually turn into something special in the NFL but It’s anyone’s guess which QB that will be if any. You’re looking for extreme measures when we already have a talented young QB. You take extreme measures when you don’t have a QB.
Obviously I’m not sold we have one yet.

Verdict

Reaction score
None of the QBs in this draft bring the talent level to their position that Zeke brings to his. According to the draft experts I’ve listened to there’s not a Goff or Wentz in this draft. You keep bringing those two QBs up but there’s not a QB in this draft that’s equivalent to them. Can you not see that? One of these QBs could eventually turn into something special in the NFL but It’s anyone’s guess which QB that will be if any. You’re looking for extreme measures when we already have a talented young QB. You take extreme measures when you don’t have a QB.

I guess I take a more practical view of the situation, and maybe an old timers view of the situation. Competition is a good thing. It brings out the best in everyone.

Dak played great last year when he had Tony Romo waiting in the wings to take his job. This year as he was more comfortable he looked far worse, although I concede there were a lot more adverse factors in play this year.

If we have a top grade on a QB AND the QB is the highest rated player available on our board when we pick, we would probably be remiss in not selecting that QB just because we have Dak.

If the highest rated QB is the BPA when we pick and we are not sold on him being a franchise QB then he shouldn't be rated that high on our board.

If Mayfield is there when we pick I would sprint to the podium with his name on it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Then my opinions aren’t going to align with yours on this subject.

You keep mentioning Goff and Wentz but you can’t seem to understand there’s not a Goff and Wentz in this draft and if there was you’re not going to get them at 19. I don’t agree with your opinion of swinging for the fences by taking a QB at 19 that no one is sold on. You’ll end up with the third or fourth rnaked QB if you do that. Good luck with that QB turning into a franchise QB.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I guess I take a more practical view of the situation, and maybe an old timers view of the situation. Competition is a good thing. It brings out the best in everyone.

Dak played great last year when he had Tony Romo waiting in the wings to take his job. This year as he was more comfortable he looked far worse, although I concede there were a lot more adverse factors in play this year.

If we have a top grade on a QB AND the QB is the highest rated player available on our board when we pick, we would probably be remiss in not selecting that QB just because we have Dak.

If the highest rated QB is the BPA when we pick and we are not sold on him being a franchise QB then he shouldn't be rated that high on our board.

If Mayfield is there when we pick I would sprint to the podium with his name on it.

A practical view would be not taking a QB in the first round. Romo waiting in the wings last season put a lot of pressure on Dak and he came through. Romo provided better coaching for Dak than anyone we have on this team. That’s one of the things he missed this year that he had last season. Now he’ll get to learn from Kellen Moore. What a joke of a hire that is.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
A practical view would be not taking a QB in the first round. Romo waiting in the wings last season put a lot of pressure on Dak and he came through. Romo provided better coaching for Dak than anyone we have on this team. That’s one of the things he missed this year that he had last season. Now he’ll get to learn from Kellen Moore. What a joke of a hire that is.
The Kellen Moore hiring is one of the dumbest moves ever in a sea of stupidity.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Kellen Moore hiring is one of the dumbest moves ever in a sea of stupidity.

It makes absolutely no sense. He only spent a few seasons in the NFL and has virtually no starting experience. I guess he was a cheap hire and Stephen was talking a couple weeks ago about all the QB experience the team has with Garrett and Linehan. Just another coach on the team who has a title and that’s it.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
It makes absolutely no sense. He only spent a few seasons in the NFL and has virtually no starting experience. I guess he was a cheap hire and Stephen was talking a couple weeks ago about all the QB experience the team has with Garrett and Linehan. Just another coach on the team who has a title and that’s it.
So you hire the guy that couldn't hold Dak's jock to coach Dak.... Yeah. Where they do that at?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So you hire the guy that couldn't hold Dak's jock to coach Dak.... Yeah. Where they do that at?
Just another example of our dysfunctional ran franchise and why I think elite talent is best answer because if players need coaching up or development, we’re in trouble.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Romo played Romo's way. Last season Dak played a bit like Romo but this season played Garretts way. Moral? Stop listening to Garrett because his way sucks.
Romo on the sidelines was a big factor in getting DAK to play.

He's gone and so is DAKs direction.

Kellen Moore is not going to bring it back.